Forrest doesnt deserve to fight rampage

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Forrest doesnt deserve to fight rampage
« Previous Page
casey64
5/8/08 10:00:28AM
He does deserve a title shot no doubt but I dont think he is gonna beat Rampage.
BIGKAT
5/8/08 2:16:58PM
That's what they said about Rua...and we saw how he absolutely destroyed Rua, so Rampage might just get his azz whupped (hate to burst everyones bubble, but Rampage isn't God, and he CAN be beat)....I mean, Jackson got a lucky punch (in the UFC) against Liddell because Liddell made a mistake by leading with a body shot and left himself wide open ANYONE could have countered that punch and beaten Chuck with that kind of lead punch, and you guys act like Jackson is unbeatable ...COMICAL!!!

Who has more heart than Forrest? Who deserves it more? No one...

Forrest will be champ WHEN he KO's Jackson...
keith-hackney1
5/8/08 5:15:32PM
If im not mistaken, shogun, before his fight with forrest was arguably ranked the number 2 lhw in the world by mma fans all over, forrest stepped in and destroyed him ?? The ufc ranking system at present is bullshit, there is no real system in place that is fair, too many fighters in the ufc are protected and broken in slowly. How the hell did chuck qualify to fight vanderlei silva after he got an ass whopping from keith jardine ? Why was rampage introduced into the ufc to fight marvin eastman who at that point wasnt even a ufc contender, beat eastman then get an immediate title shot. The only fighter worthy was dan hendo. Griffin lost a rigged decision fluke that he clearly won against ortiz, his fight against shogun was abit of redemption or justice if you like. Forrest was smart on taking that fight with shogun, i believe he knew a win would put him right up there in the title picture, and after an impressive stoppage against talent like that, he deserves his title shot !!! No questions what so ever, he deserves it !!
mrsmiley
5/8/08 7:03:30PM

Posted by BIGKAT

That's what they said about Rua...and we saw how he absolutely destroyed Rua, so Rampage might just get his azz whupped (hate to burst everyones bubble, but Rampage isn't God, and he CAN be beat)....I mean, Jackson got a lucky punch (in the UFC) against Liddell because Liddell made a mistake by leading with a body shot and left himself wide open ANYONE could have countered that punch and beaten Chuck with that kind of lead punch, and you guys act like Jackson is unbeatable ...COMICAL!!!

Who has more heart than Forrest? Who deserves it more? No one...

Forrest will be champ WHEN he KO's Jackson...

That's why Rampage beat Chuck twice.Right?
I don't think anyone thinks Rampage is unbeatable.It's just his time and he's got a hard head.And no,not just anyone could have beat Liddell with that counter punch.If your gonna defend Liddell,at least give the guy more credit,than just stating any joe blow off the street could KO him with a counter punch set up like that.Rampage is one tough dude,and anyone following his career since the beginning knows that to be true.Chuck has no shame in losing to a guy of Rampages calibur.
Forrest might beat him.Who knows?
But I don't see the Rampage worship your speaking of.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/8/08 10:25:07PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

If im not mistaken, shogun, before his fight with forrest was arguably ranked the number 2 lhw in the world by mma fans all over, forrest stepped in and destroyed him ?? The ufc ranking system at present is bullshit, there is no real system in place that is fair, too many fighters in the ufc are protected and broken in slowly. How the hell did chuck qualify to fight vanderlei silva after he got an ass whopping from keith jardine ? Why was rampage introduced into the ufc to fight marvin eastman who at that point wasnt even a ufc contender, beat eastman then get an immediate title shot. The only fighter worthy was dan hendo. Griffin lost a rigged decision fluke that he clearly won against ortiz, his fight against shogun was abit of redemption or justice if you like. Forrest was smart on taking that fight with shogun, i believe he knew a win would put him right up there in the title picture, and after an impressive stoppage against talent like that, he deserves his title shot !!! No questions what so ever, he deserves it !!

chuck qualified to fight wanderlai because they are both arguably the best lHW's in mma history, they were both coming off 2 losses. Talks of the fight had gone on for 5 + years.

rampage was introduced into the ufc to fight marvin eastman so imo he could get a solid win to hype up the chuck rematch. ( which chuck asked for , along with horn , couture) rampage had also lost to eastman previously , so it made sense that he got a chance to evenge the loss.
telnights
5/9/08 2:53:22AM

Posted by AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
chuck qualified to fight wanderlai because they are both arguably the best lHW's in mma history, they were both coming off 2 losses. Talks of the fight had gone on for 5 + years.

rampage was introduced into the ufc to fight marvin eastman so imo he could get a solid win to hype up the chuck rematch. ( which chuck asked for , along with horn , couture) rampage had also lost to eastman previously , so it made sense that he got a chance to evenge the loss.

I was just about to post the same thing....

Now as far as Forrest he earned his shot fair by beating Shogun and at the time most people had Shogun ranked not 2nd but 1st at LHW. Forrest has his holes but so does Rampage. For those that think Rampage is god just watch his fights with Shogun and Wandy. Rampages fight with Shogun was one of the worst beat downs I have seen. Both Wandy fights didn't go much better. Forrest is consider one of the hardest workers in MMA. I think he will wear Rampage down and finish him in the 4th or 5th. I also think there is a good chance Rampage could finish Forrest the same way Jardine did. This is one of those fights that truly could go either way.
cmb19932
6/22/08 1:44:48PM
forrest deserves this shot for beating shogun but i see your argument and at the same time just think you must be a rampage fan so if he beats forrest he beats one of the best and vice versa but if rampage wins he takes on another chalenger maybe rampage could be a very steady take on all comers kind of guy or maybe forrest will shut him down i dont know but i hope forrest wins
Franklinfan47
6/22/08 5:52:49PM
I don't think he should be fighting Rampage either, I think Machida or Jardine should have been in his place. But the LHW division is so crazy, its hard to make a really convincing case for anyone to have a title shot. So I can tolerate watching Forrest get his ass kicked lol. I hope lyoto gets his shot after though.
JimiMak
6/22/08 8:17:58PM
Shogun was the universally recognized #1. He had destroyed the current champ. He got choked out by Forrest = Forrest gets well deserved title shot. PERIOD.
Naturaldisaster
6/23/08 3:56:19PM

Posted by ricoj3323

i think forrest is really overrated and should be fighting evans or irvin. come on jardine made him cry ha ha . i think jardine or machida deserves it more then forrest. Machida is good, hes so underrated and i think by the end of the year machida will be fighting for the title. I predict rampage by first round ko of forrest

what you think of forrest getting a title shot

Thats dumb, it makes you sound dumb.
The-Don
6/23/08 7:51:02PM
Weather or not Forrest deserves the shot at this point is Moot.. he got the shot... He beat shogun... GRanted shogun did not look his best... but why should forrest be held accountable.. he came ready to fight that day and won... If he loses it may be along time before he gets another shot... the others need to do what they need to to ensure they get th next shot regardless of who wins between Rampage and forrest... I think the next shot shoug to to Lyoto he should get the winner... if Jardine can win his next match in the mean time... He should get the shot after that... but its all questionable regardless this is an exciting division to watch... espically if guys from the WEC move over.. How would say Brian Stann match up... there is too much happening to decide who truly deserves a shot when really they all do as long as they can keep winning until they are tapped for the next shot..
Tein_Lung
6/24/08 9:47:27AM
Hopw can people say jardine should still be one of the next in line for a title shot after Wanderlei ran over him like he was some first timer??? Jardine beat Forrest by fluke... Jardine is a mid top 10 fighter he prolly won't beat much of anyone in the top 5 again
Pages: 1 [2]