Forrest doesnt deserve to fight rampage

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Forrest doesnt deserve to fight rampage
Next Page »
ricoj3323
5/2/08 5:02:54PM
i think forrest is really overrated and should be fighting evans or irvin. come on jardine made him cry ha ha . i think jardine or machida deserves it more then forrest. Machida is good, hes so underrated and i think by the end of the year machida will be fighting for the title. I predict rampage by first round ko of forrest

what you think of forrest getting a title shot
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/2/08 5:04:30PM
i considered Shogun the #1 LHW & top 3 p4p @ the time so i can kinda understand Forrest getting this one
kaskd
5/2/08 5:14:29PM
i agree that there are fighters more deserving of fighting Rampage for the title, but we forget who runs this organization. Dana made the match up just for publicity. All of America loves Forrest, and now america also knows who Rampage is. So by putting in those two they boost their ratings on spike. If they put in Machida no one would watch the show. (I personally don't like Machida so i'll stop about him before my biases come out). and Jardine's just freaky. I dunno if I would want that guy as my coach. Nothing he does looks right but hey he wins.

so while he doesn't deserve a title shot, he was the best choice to coach the show. UFC has to fix that problem.
postman
5/2/08 5:16:15PM

Posted by ricoj3323

i think forrest is really overrated and should be fighting evans or irvin. come on jardine made him cry ha ha . i think jardine or machida deserves it more then forrest. Machida is good, hes so underrated and i think by the end of the year machida will be fighting for the title. I predict rampage by first round ko of forrest

I agree with you and said all this before but I am just warning you, be prepared to get killed for putting his thread up. You are going to say that Shogun was hurt and ppl are not going to take that as an answer. I has abused for say the same thing.
gsquat
5/2/08 5:16:22PM

Posted by ricoj3323

Shut up
Aaronno9
5/2/08 5:24:03PM
While i dont think Griffin really deserves the shot, theres nobody anymore deserving than him. I mean, jardine got owned by alexander who seems to of been exposed as abit of a bum in his last 2 fights, and machida hasn't beaten anybody top ten, whereas forrest has in shogun, and alot of people thought he beat tito when tito was regarded as top 10.

I mean, i dont think machidas underrated at all amongst real fans, everybody thinks hes awesome. I kinda think hes overrated based on his opponents, but i do think hes got the skills to beat most lhws. Hopefully tito will be another scalp for him. I still feel rashad needs a win over a top 10 competitor before he can be considered.
NinjaCyborg
5/2/08 5:30:25PM
I like Forrest and think he deserves this shot. Forrest comes to fight and I like that about him.
Now I'm not saying Forrest will win, but I think he'll at least make it out of the first round.
mrsmiley
5/2/08 5:42:13PM
I thought Forrest was overrated too.Then he put the mother of all beatings on Shogun,and well,I changed my mind.Though I would rather see Jardine get the title shot,I will settle for Forrest.It seems to me that the guy really trains his ass off,and I think he deserves it (even if only half-hearted).
Ordep
5/2/08 6:14:05PM
hmmmmm

the thing is that the way thinks looked at LHW at that point was sort of weird.....

Jardine win vs. Forrest then lost against Alex. then won ag Liddell
Forrest L-Jardine W-Ramirez W-Shogun
Liddell -L Rampage L-Jardine
Evans - D-Tito W(split)- Bisping
Bisping - W(L)-Hamill L(Split) Evans
Machida - W-Nakamura W-Soko
the rest.... too early to talk about conterdership status

if you take a look at who might be the "contender" is the guy with the best W streak, in this case Forrest/Machida, but one guy just beat the #1 LHW +plus+ he's well know by casual fans and would make good as a coach for TUF so IMO I think it was the right move.

P.S. I'm a Shogun fan, just in case.
teddythetuna
5/2/08 6:26:49PM
Machida does have some notable wins. Penn and Franklin just to name a couple. he will be champ
nickcuc547
5/2/08 6:31:27PM
there really isnt a clear cut top contender in the lhw division, and forrest's win over shogun is the most impressive of any top tier guy in the division, plus every top tier lhw has a recent loss, that's why he got the shot and i have no problem with it.
Aaronno9
5/2/08 6:40:18PM

Posted by teddythetuna

Machida does have some notable wins. Penn and Franklin just to name a couple. he will be champ

Franklin mabeys, even though hes alot better at 185, but you cant count penn as a notable win for a natural 205er. Even then he couldnt put b.j away. I think b.j would dominate at 70, be decent at 85, but he should never of been fighting at 205. Does the guy even cut to make 55?
Twenty20Dollars
5/2/08 7:37:46PM
well since he beat the #1 guy at LHW shogun, why not? seriously and he finished shogun. im not saying forrest is going to win, but if you beat the #1 LHW i think you should get a crack at the title.
tuvok500
5/2/08 7:57:38PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

well since he beat the #1 guy at LHW shogun, why not? seriously and he finished shogun. im not saying forrest is going to win, but if you beat the #1 LHW i think you should get a crack at the title.

Shogun was very high in the ranking and the winner of his fight against Forrest was going to face Rampage, of course almost everybody were thinking that Shogun was going to win but since Forrest won, he take the place of Shogun and deserve the title shot.

And i think he will win the title !! .

Cdellorso
5/2/08 9:33:49PM
Forrest is good but has no chance against Page-

Macjhda or Thiago Silva title shots in 09- Thats the future of the division.
DevonFoxy
5/2/08 11:16:27PM
What is this like the 10th time this has been brought up?
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
5/2/08 11:33:06PM
im a huge forrest fan but i expect him to get smashed by rampage - round one tko/ko.
shogun was not himself , but some delusional people who never watched pride , or just cant except the fact he had a torn acl , think forest dominated a regular shogun.
jardine was derailed by houston. wanderlai was derailed by chuck. chuck was derailed by jardine. i dont see a clear cut contender so i can accept forrest for the job. Forest is obviously the best choice for a reality series , and as forrest said before the shogun fight, beating shogun will be a shortcut to the championship fight.

to sum it up i cant think of anyone more deserving then forrest.
seanfu
5/2/08 11:49:11PM
I think Forest is going to get Matt Serrad lol. Seriously, first 2 or 3 rounds. Rampage ko easily. I still see a lot that Rampage needs to prove that this fight won't.

stock
5/3/08 1:07:40AM
Personally, I felt that Jardine deserved the title shot next, but I don't mind the Griffin choice at all.
Just think, we get a Jardine/Silva fight now (which should be awesome). If Jardine beats Silva, then he is the OBVIOUS choice for the next shot.

If Jardine can't pull off the upset against Silva, then we have the Machida/Ortiz fight. If Machida wins that fight, then he will get the title shot.

Not sure who gets the next title shot if both Machida and Jardine both lose. Maybe Rashad if he completely walks thru (and finishes) Irvin?

In any case, I like the future title matchups for the LHW division.
ufcboss
5/3/08 4:25:28AM
Forrest Vs Shogun was a number one contender fight, He won so he DOES deserve to fight Rampage.

I will be rooting for Forrest to take the belt off of Ramage, And I think he will too.

But....I know this will be a war, And both guys in this fight will have their moments and it can go anyway, But its so dumb when people say Rampage is just gonna walk through Forrest, So dumb.

WAR FORREST!!!
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
moob
5/3/08 10:24:20AM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by ricoj3323

Shut up

I think that's the only reply the OP deserved...
ICSlegend
5/3/08 12:18:36PM

Posted by mrsmiley

I thought Forrest was overrated too.Then he put the mother of all beatings on Shogun,and well,I changed my mind.Though I would rather see Jardine get the title shot,I will settle for Forrest.It seems to me that the guy really trains his ass off,and I think he deserves it (even if only half-hearted).

If you think that was the "mother of all beatings", you must not watch MMA much.

Any unranked fighter could have beat Shogun that night....would that have made you put them at the top of the rankings?

Are some people really blind enough to believe that Forrest actually beat the Shogun that ran through guys like Rampage and Arona?

Jardine deserves the shot a lot more. He completely shut down the former champ in Liddell not to mention turned Forrest into a crybaby.
Pookie
5/3/08 1:11:56PM

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by teddythetuna

Franklin mabeys, even though hes alot better at 185, but you cant count penn as a notable win for a natural 205er. Even then he couldnt put b.j away. I think b.j would dominate at 70, be decent at 85, but he should never of been fighting at 205. Does the guy even cut to make 55?

he cuts from 190... and about him not being put away, Bj has a samoan chin, hes only been stopped one time and that was because his rib was broken and he got sort of checkmated by matt hughes.

i wouldnt say franklin is better at 185, just that theres alot less quality competition there. Franklin was still bigger than machida for that fight btw.

king_katool
5/3/08 2:39:53PM
im a little sick of people saying jardine deserves a shot, he beat liddel ok good job now beat wandy and yu got yur shot, he got man handled by houston, he looked like a amatuer fighting houston and just got punchd the f**k out, and hostons been made too look like a pure amatuer, the ones huggin jardines nuts and sayin he deserves a shot are all the chuck haters(im a chuck hater so this is not based on a liddel fans opinion)
Gipper
5/3/08 6:37:53PM
forrest deserves it as much as anyone
mrsmiley
5/3/08 8:51:48PM

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by mrsmiley

If you think that was the "mother of all beatings", you must not watch MMA much.

Any unranked fighter could have beat Shogun that night....would that have made you put them at the top of the rankings?

Are some people really blind enough to believe that Forrest actually beat the Shogun that ran through guys like Rampage and Arona?

Jardine deserves the shot a lot more. He completely shut down the former champ in Liddell not to mention turned Forrest into a crybaby.

Hey,SH#$ happens.And for Shogun,yes that was the mother of all beatings considering how dominant he had been for the time (minus the Coleman inciddent).

First of all the fight with Shogun,if I remember right,was pretty much a number one contender fight.Shogun had been considered by many the best 205er in the world.Forrest beat him.I don't care what was wrong with Shogun.He came out and gave a poor showing and Forrest beat him fair and square.If Shogun can come back and get back to dominating fashion,then good.

Do I think Forrest beat the Shogun that ran through Rampage and Arona?

No.Much the same way I don't believe Gabriel Gonzaga knocked out the same Crocop who demolished Igor Vovchanzin ,Wanderlei Silva,or Alexander Emelianeko (spell check).But in a fight anything can happen.Some nights you win,some you lose.No one is invinceable or unbeatable.If Shogun has still got it (which I think he does),he will come back and get back to the top.But at the same time the 205 has got some stiff competition.As the old saying goes,a fighter is only as good as his last fight.That being said,Shogun is going to have to come back strong.
ICSlegend
5/4/08 3:25:41PM

Posted by mrsmiley

Hey,SH#$ happens.And for Shogun,yes that was the mother of all beatings considering how dominant he had been for the time (minus the Coleman inciddent).

First of all the fight with Shogun,if I remember right,was pretty much a number one contender fight.Shogun had been considered by many the best 205er in the world.Forrest beat him.I don't care what was wrong with Shogun.He came out and gave a poor showing and Forrest beat him fair and square.If Shogun can come back and get back to dominating fashion,then good.

No.Much the same way I don't believe Gabriel Gonzaga knocked out the same Crocop who demolished Igor Vovchanzin ,Wanderlei Silva,or Alexander Emelianeko (spell check).But in a fight anything can happen.Some nights you win,some you lose.No one is invinceable or unbeatable.If Shogun has still got it (which I think he does),he will come back and get back to the top.But at the same time the 205 has got some stiff competition.As the old saying goes,a fighter is only as good as his last fight.That being said,Shogun is going to have to come back strong.

So it if Shogun had not been dominant in the past it wouldn't have been the mother of all beatings? That doesn't make any sense. It's the beating that is in question, not a fighter's legacy in relation to being defeated. Watch Igor-Inoue, Frye-Takayama, CC-Wandy 2, Fedor-Goodridge, Fedor-Nog, those are some serious beatings. Shogun-Forrest was kind of boring.

I agree with everything else you said (I never said Forrest didn't win fair and square), but still, I don't see how Forrest even deserved to fight Shogun in the first place for #1 contendership. He just got beat by Jardine and took an unranked Ramirez to a decision...

Jardine might have got beat by Houston, but he also beat Forrest and the former longtime champ in Liddell. How is he not more deserving then Forrest?
GSPCanada
5/4/08 3:52:46PM
No Forrest does not deserve this title shot ya he beat a completely gassed Shogun in his ufc debut. Maybe forrest pushed the pace and thats why but the first round was close n then Shogun just wasn't there anymore. If you don't think Jardine deserves a shot your not paying attention. A fight streak is pretty irrelevant it depends on the last 3 or 5 performaces both guys are 2-1 in their last 3 fights forrest beat shigun n ramirez while jardine beat forrest n liddell. Jardine deserves that fight more than anyone. and shogun vs forrest wsnt a #1 contendor match. Chuck was supposed to beat Jardine and get his rematch.

Forrest is lucky to be in this position he was supposed to fight machida at ufc 70 but got hurt and they put heath in there instead. If he didn't get hurt ot if they reschedule the match instead of giving him ramirez all this forrest talk would be put to bed
mrsmiley
5/4/08 7:05:58PM

Posted by ICSlegend

Posted by mrsmiley

So it if Shogun had not been dominant in the past it wouldn't have been the mother of all beatings? That doesn't make any sense. It's the beating that is in question, not a fighter's legacy in relation to being defeated. Watch Igor-Inoue, Frye-Takayama, CC-Wandy 2, Fedor-Goodridge, Fedor-Nog, those are some serious beatings. Shogun-Forrest was kind of boring.

I agree with everything else you said (I never said Forrest didn't win fair and square), but still, I don't see how Forrest even deserved to fight Shogun in the first place for #1 contendership. He just got beat by Jardine and took an unranked Ramirez to a decision...

Jardine might have got beat by Houston, but he also beat Forrest and the former longtime champ in Liddell. How is he not more deserving then Forrest?

I agree that Jardine deserves a title shot.I have stated that before.And even though i'm fine with Forrest getting the title shot in my first post I mentioned it as only half-harted.

What I was trying to get at with Shoguns loss was in relation to all his previous losses.A freak accident loss to Coleman at HW,and a sub loss to Babalu.In his fight with Sorbal he managed to at least mount a decent defense from his back.With the Forrest fight he was clearly outclassed on all levels.Something we have never seen an opponent put on Shogun before (or at least so well).That's why I reffered it to as the mother of all beatings.Sure their have been worse beatings taken,but for Shogun that was the worst of his career.I wasn't speaking in terms of all MMA.Just Shogun.
browneye
5/8/08 9:58:52AM
Forrest does deserve a title shot which he will become the next champion he deserves it more than anybody in the Lightheavyweight division
Pages: [1] 2