Forrest Dislocated Jaw

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Forrest Dislocated Jaw
TimW001
8/9/09 3:41:02AM
flatspot
8/9/09 4:03:25AM
I read somewhere else that he couldn't hear either. Sucks if its true.
Get well soon Forrest.
RearNakedJoke
8/9/09 5:45:05AM
makes more sense why he bolted from the octagon afterwards.

hope he has a quick recovery!
KaibaThedon
8/9/09 6:11:39AM
sad face.

his hand JUST got better too.
team_demon_fighter
8/9/09 8:35:21AM
i told everyone in the room when he waved the fight off, something was wrong. forrest takes the ass beating... then when he ran out, i was like, its something serious, something he wants immediate medical attention for. cause he was running to the back...
hope he has a good and quick recovery and comes back better than ever.
nickcuc547
8/9/09 9:21:14AM
ya forrest was definitely ****** up, everybody I was with was ripping him for going down on that last punch, but we have all seen forrest fight before, the guy is a warrior and would never go down like that unless something was wrong. He will be back and he will be kicking ass and taking names again. just keep him away from machida for his jaw's sake.
prozacnation1978
8/9/09 9:35:35AM
i heard his jaw was broken at first, he will be out the rest of the year
Boo_Radley21
8/9/09 9:42:12AM
This is the first time I've heard this, but it makes me feel better about him losing. I really thought he'd take Silva out, not get totalled in the first round. It'll be a while before he's back again but I'll be looking forward to it.
Edwards
8/9/09 10:13:22AM
didnt know what to think watchin forrest call the fight off like that and run out,i hope the guy gets better and comes back stronger then ever.i knew in my heart something had to be wrong because if theres one thing about forrest he dont quit no ****** way
StevieC
8/9/09 10:17:54AM
It makes sense. I mean why should anyone be embarrassed by geting knocked out by Silva? I would be more embarrassed by getting knocked out by Jardine.....
Giant_Ochai
8/9/09 10:31:04AM
I thought he ran away to cry. A legit injury is different and not damaging to his reputation.
fullfighting
8/9/09 11:14:01AM
This is still an embarrassing loss for a former 205 champ to get destroyed by the 185 champ. Its not bad to lose but that was the easiest fight of Andersons career.
SpiderSilva
8/9/09 11:45:39AM
Maybe second easiest fight I would say james irvin was easier but hell forrest almost had the same thing happen to him

I will say I hope forrest gets better I hate to see fighters get hurt
Sir_Karl
8/9/09 11:50:35AM
That wasn't the first time Forrest has ran from the ring.
DCRage
8/9/09 11:57:09AM
He had a dislocated jaw and at least temporary hearing loss in one ear. It's still very strange to me, and it's the second time in his career he's done the running off thing immediately after losing.
Irish_Pride
8/9/09 12:16:58PM
Damn, I guess we know Anderson hits very hard. Dislocated Forrest's jaw and made one ear stop hearing. That is a better explaination for why Forrest didn't continue with the fight. Well, I hope Forrest gets better real soon. I want to see him in the octagon kickin ass again.
whardin19
8/9/09 12:59:24PM
Damn!!! I was really dissapointed when I saw him run from the ring. But, if this is true I don't blame him for running out to get medical attention.
rcg916
8/9/09 1:10:21PM

Posted by fullfighting

This is still an embarrassing loss for a former 205 champ to get destroyed by the 185 champ.

Couldn't disagree more. Getting beaten by the top fighter, p4p, in the world, is not embarrassing. That is laughable.
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
8/9/09 3:51:38PM
what a relief knowing that there was something greater forcing Griffin to quit and vacate the cage quickly, it's been hard to defend him today at work lol but with this info it helps put the pieces together
Wolfenstein
8/9/09 5:08:22PM
There are doctors ringside, so I still don't get why he's running off.
doinit84
8/9/09 5:26:21PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Even if you aren't gonna get checked out by ring side doctors at least see the paramedics in the back and get into an ambulance. It's easy for me to criticize since I've never had my jaw broken and lost partial hearing so I'm sure he may have panicked or something. Tho you have to think you'd be in better hands with an EMT than driving to the hospital.
cmill21
8/9/09 5:26:35PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

I think he was just embarassed. He was destroyed by a guy who wasn't even protecting his face, and the guy let him up twice even offering him a hand. He ran out because he was embarassed.
Hillbilly
8/9/09 7:03:11PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by fullfighting

This is still an embarrassing loss for a former 205 champ to get destroyed by the 185 champ.

Couldn't disagree more. Getting beaten by the top fighter, p4p, in the world, is not embarrassing. That is laughable.

I think the flawless victory is what was embarrassing not the fact that he simply got beat.
fullfighting
8/9/09 11:29:49PM

Posted by rcg916

Posted by fullfighting

No whats laughable is a guy getting his face blown up and then being helped up by the guy who just blew his face up and then getting KTFO. Losing wasn't embarrassing but how easy it was for Silva is what is embarrassing.
breakdown5
8/9/09 11:45:27PM
According to Weekly, Forrest didn't break jaw, he just isn't dealing well with the loss.

LINKAGE
emfleek
8/10/09 10:00:14AM
Locked.