9/11/01 Never Forget

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » 9/11/01 Never Forget
prophecy033
9/11/12 11:16:20AM
I just wanted to start this so people can post their thoughts. It is not a political thread so please, treat it with respect
prophecy033
9/11/12 11:20:58AM
I can't believe its been 11 years already. I had just turned 18 when it happened but I remember like it was yesterday.

I know its not nearly enough but I wanna thank all the veterans on the PG for their service to our country and others. You're greatly appreciated

george112
9/11/12 11:35:08AM
I believe I was in the 4th grade when it happened. Was sitting at a computer during computer class. Teachers were crying and stuff
prophecy033
9/11/12 11:43:08AM

Posted by george112

I believe I was in the 4th grade when it happened. Was sitting at a computer during computer class. Teachers were crying and stuff

I woke up and the tv was on CNN.....I thought it was old footage until the second plane hit...... was all I could muster
postman
9/11/12 11:47:14AM
I was 19 years old I was sorting PNC Banks DDA statements when the general contractor working on our building came in and said "They just flew planes into the WTC!" I was listening to Mike and Mike in the morning changed the radio to KDKA and looked out the window as the city of Pittsburgh began to flee. I stayed at work all day as I figured I was safer there then in the Chaos outside. I still am not sure if I would have rather been able to watch the news coverage as it happened. A day I will never forget. Thanks to all who have served both before and after 9-11.
Theoutlaw08
9/11/12 11:47:49AM
I was in 7th grade. Completely terrified at school. Kids were let out early and I remember riding bikes home with my buddies and we thought we were going to get bombed or something. It was a terrible day, hard to believe it was that long ago already. My parents share their 28th anniversary today with the 9/11 attacks.
Budgellism
9/11/12 11:57:43AM
5th grade. My teacher turned on the radio and we listened to a broadcast of what was going on. I was too young to really make sense of it all but it was a moment I won't ever forget.
kopower
9/11/12 12:07:55PM
I remember waking up, and getting ready for college. My parents were both home at the time, and we were glued to the tv. We could not believe what we were seeing. My birthday is September 12th, and we went out for my 21st later that night. Needless to say, the bars were pretty empty, and it was hard to celebrate. It is amazing how, not just the US, but the world has changed since the attack.

Shawn91111
9/11/12 12:30:49PM
I was 22 working in South Florida at a Marriott Hotel. Listening to Howard Stern when he broke word about a plane hitting the first Tower. My dad was visiting and was leaving that day but had to reschedule his flight.
scoozna
9/11/12 1:30:10PM
I was listening to Imus in the Morning on the radio and was late for work. They were looking out the windows of their New York City studio trying to figure out what the hell just happened. When I got to my desk no one had any idea anything was happening - i started telling them to go to CNN's website to see what was going on. There were false reports of fires at the White House and reports of explosions at the Pentagon - it seemed like every major east-coast city was under attack and we had no idea from whom.

I tried to call my wife who was 8 months pregnant and after a bunch of calls that didn't go through, I got her and told her to turn on the TV. She turned it on in time to see one of the towers collapse. I thought she must have seen it wrong, that didn't make any sense.
Shawn91111
9/11/12 1:38:42PM

Posted by scoozna

I was listening to Imus in the Morning on the radio and was late for work. They were looking out the windows of their New York City studio trying to figure out what the hell just happened. When I got to my desk no one had any idea anything was happening - i started telling them to go to CNN's website to see what was going on. There were false reports of fires at the White House and reports of explosions at the Pentagon - it seemed like every major east-coast city was under attack and we had no idea from whom.

I tried to call my wife who was 8 months pregnant and after a bunch of calls that didn't go through, I got her and told her to turn on the TV. She turned it on in time to see one of the towers collapse. I thought she must have seen it wrong, that didn't make any sense.

That must have been torture
scoozna
9/11/12 1:48:55PM

Posted by Shawn91111

That must have been torture

Haaa...I'd had my fill of Stern...Imus was kindof new to me at the time.
Franklinfan47
9/11/12 2:03:56PM
I also cant believe its been 11 years already. I was 13 and also remember teachers crying, kids screaming about the end of the world.

RIP not only to the victims but to all the soldiers and innocent civilians who have died over the past ten years as a direct result of 911.

Remember, more than ten times the amount of 911 victims have died in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Innocent men, women, and children.
Adrenaline
9/11/12 2:21:55PM
Thanks for the thread Proph. It's hard to put the emotions from that day into words but its suffice to say that it's something that sticks with a person forever.

Bubbles
9/11/12 2:52:05PM
I was in grade 8, but my mom was driving me to the orthodontist when we heard about it on the radio. There was a TV there with the news on (probably CNN). I had an idea it was pretty important but had no idea of the significance
prophecy033
9/11/12 2:53:15PM

Posted by Adrenaline

Thanks for the thread Proph. It's hard to put the emotions from that day into words but its suffice to say that it's something that sticks with a person forever.

Although I wasn't around back then, I truly feel this was our generations Pearl Harbor
FastKnockout
9/11/12 3:27:44PM
I was in 4th or 5th grade. We were all in class when the principal walked and told our teacher what was happening. She turned on the radio and told us we would all remember this someday, and she was right.

I didn't understand it back then. My mind was full of Dragonball Z and playing baseball with my friends. I didn't realize there were people in the world who wanted to see me and my fellow people dead.
pmoney
9/11/12 3:31:24PM

Posted by prophecy033

I truly feel this was our generations Pearl Harbor

My sentiments exactly. R.I.P. to those that passed on 9/11, and thanks to those that served.
infestructure
9/11/12 4:10:43PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Adrenaline

Although I wasn't around back then, I truly feel this was our generations Pearl Harbor

Read that wrong. Thought you were 11yrs old.
infestructure
9/11/12 4:16:59PM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I also cant believe its been 11 years already. I was 13 and also remember teachers crying, kids screaming about the end of the world.

RIP not only to the victims but to all the soldiers and innocent civilians who have died over the past ten years as a direct result of 911.

Remember, more than ten times the amount of 911 victims have died in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. Innocent men, women, and children.

I read the other day tens of thousands of people have died since from 9-11 related illnesses -physical and mental.

I was in New Zealand at school when it happened. I was 14. Most people didn't realise the importance if what was going on, I am a US citizen and had been visiting the States recently and was appalled at the reaction of my fellow classmates. They were overjoyed they got a day off school, didn't care for the people who died. RIP.
ghandikush
9/11/12 4:23:04PM

Posted by pmoney

Posted by prophecy033

I truly feel this was our generations Pearl Harbor

My sentiments exactly.

prophecy033
9/11/12 4:41:39PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Adrenaline

Read that wrong. Thought you were 11yrs old.

no no
postman
9/11/12 4:43:20PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Adrenaline

Its right there with Pearl Harbor, JFK, MLK. I remember my Grandmother telling me she listened to the radio with the washing machine sales man as he was brining her a new washer when JFK was shot.
prophecy033
9/11/12 4:57:03PM

Posted by postman

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by Adrenaline

Its right there with Pearl Harbor, JFK, MLK. I remember my Grandmother telling me she listened to the radio with the washing machine sales man as he was brining her a new washer when JFK was shot.

My moms birthday is Nov. 22nd so my grandparents were having her birthday when they found out. Back then they had to walk up the road to get to a t.v. that a friend had. They lived in a small town called Taft on the Oregon Coast (now called Lincoln City)
jae_1833
9/11/12 9:27:09PM
I was in Marine Corps Boot Camp.....shit got real! FAST!!!
Poor_Franklin
9/12/12 12:44:59PM
i remember bits & pieces of that day that i couldve never remembered had it been any other day.

also, i never got to watch any news until after both towers fell. my friend taped the news while he was in school so we went to his house & watched it after school. it was gut-wrenching.