Foot Problems

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Foot Problems
cmill21
12/5/07 3:39:10AM
I've been having some bad foot problems for about 2 weeks now. I'm a kickboxer, and I do use shin/foot guards. I find the pain is more of a front outside part of my plant foot(both left and right). Wondering if anyone else has this problem and if you do, how do you remedy it?
Svartorm
12/5/07 4:30:02AM
Does it feel sort of like a foot cramp that won't go away?
cmill21
12/5/07 4:57:45AM

Posted by Svartorm

Does it feel sort of like a foot cramp that won't go away?

Yes kind of, it's not constant only when I place a bit more then regular weight on it.
Mastodon2
12/5/07 12:02:57PM
I know some kickboxers (like Cro Cop! ) use their feet for kicking, do you?

(just to clarify, I do use my feet, but really only the soles and blades for teeps, side kicks, spinning back kicks and what not, at roundhousing is done with my shin)
madmarck
12/5/07 2:06:42PM
it might be in your shoes.
I bought a new pair this summer for running and i started to play b-ball all the time in them. My feet got really cramped and hurt when i played or ran. It felt like my feet were gettin crunched on the sides.
cmill21
12/5/07 3:21:39PM

Posted by Mastodon2

I know some kickboxers (like Cro Cop! ) use their feet for kicking, do you?

(just to clarify, I do use my feet, but really only the soles and blades for teeps, side kicks, spinning back kicks and what not, at roundhousing is done with my shin)

No, sometimes if I miss a bit i'll hit with my foot, but I don't make a habit of it. My axe kicks hit with the heel or sometimes around the achilles, I don't use any spinning back kicks or side kicks.
KeNn
12/5/07 5:27:26PM
lol i know why your foot hurts,
kickin to much ass.

no but seriously, circulation?
cmill21
12/5/07 5:47:08PM

Posted by KeNn

lol i know why your foot hurts,
kickin to much ass.

no but seriously, circulation?

Lol, no. I'm not quite sure what it is but it's ussually at it's worst when I throw my right high kick, it's my left plant foot that hurts, possibly due to the rotation? Not 100% sure.
Rush
12/5/07 10:26:53PM
See your family physician and they'll refer you to a sports doctor. It may boil down to getting some rest, but you might need some physiotherapy.

I know a lot about injuries, but this one has me stuck. It's best to see a doctor.
KeNn
12/5/07 10:36:00PM
Colby lets spar,
I'll make sure to throw you in a ankle lock.

Make sure their not just bruised.
candynuts
12/6/07 1:47:57PM
How about the good ole' R.I.C.E it has treated me well.
cmill21
12/6/07 10:49:31PM
Working out today, near the end of my session it definetly felt like a foot cramp that stays for a long time. Been about 3 hours and it's still pinching lol.