Floyd Mayweather Jr. Spars With Larry Merchant Following Controversial Knockout

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Floyd Mayweather Jr. Spars With Larry Merchant Following Controversial Knockout
Budgellism
9/18/11 1:47:04AM
Larry Merchant: You were in charge of this fight. You were aggressive in trying to take advantage...

Floyd Mayweather: You know what I'm gonna do cause you never give me a fair shake, you know that? So I'm gonna let you talk to Victor Ortiz. I'm through. Put someone else here to give me an interview. Talk to Victor Ortiz!

Larry Merchant: What are you talking about?

Floyd Mayweather: You never give me a fair shake. HBO needs to fire you. You don't know sh*t about boxing! You ain't sh*t! You're not sh*t!

Larry Merchant: I wish I was 50 years younger and I'd kick your ass.

Floyd Mayweather: You won't do sh*t!

There's the video after the jump.

LINK

Chael_Sonnen
9/18/11 2:28:37AM
Floyd should be DQ'd
Kpro
9/18/11 7:47:25AM
How DARE he talk to the man, the myth, the legend Larry Merchant like that. I'll make Larry jump out of my avatar and attack Mayweather.
BeeR
9/18/11 11:22:30AM
Larry would wreck him
FastKnockout
9/18/11 11:56:59AM
Trash.
pmoney
9/18/11 3:07:56PM
Mayweather may be undefeated, but he is a classless bum as far as I am concerned. Ortiz isn't any kind of prize either, that headbutt was about as blatant as a foul could be. I am glad he got KO'ed. Merchant made me laugh saying he would kick Mayweather's ass were he 50 years younger. Kind of a ballsy statement right there.

I am just over boxing. It's a joke now. I may watch some Friday Night Fights every now and then, but that's it. I hope the UFC and all MMA organizations were paying attention, because this is the kind of sham that you don't want to turn in to.
prophecy033
9/18/11 3:22:48PM
People like Mayweather Jr. Are the reason our society is going down. No respect for the people that came before you. It's ridiculous
Pookie
9/18/11 4:28:35PM
Ortiz should have just admitted to the headbutt being purposeful. I have no problem with fighters fouling, because hey sometimes that **** is in your best interest, and the point taken is the immediate repercussion. But lying afterwards is what i have a problem with. Just man up and take the flack for your actions. It almost always makes things go better for you.

But yeah, that whole thing was hilarious. Merchant's reaction when Mayweather started his diatribe was priceless.
Chael_Sonnen
9/18/11 6:14:50PM

Posted by prophecy033

People like Mayweather Jr. Are the reason our society is going down. No respect for the people that came before you. It's ridiculous

Word
Pookie
9/18/11 9:03:11PM
I wouldn't be so quick to condemn the guy as the end all be all of what's wrong in society. After all, even God waits until your life is over before he judges you(Opinion).

But its obvious the guy has anger issues, you can see it with his recent assault charges, his attempted humiliation of his father on 24/7, and the postfight with larry merchant. Until the guy resolves them, he's going to continue to have a victim complex and find excuses for himself.
prophecy033
9/18/11 10:04:58PM

Posted by Pookie

I wouldn't be so quick to condemn the guy as the end all be all of what's wrong in society. After all, even God waits until your life is over before he judges you(Opinion).

But its obvious the guy has anger issues, you can see it with his recent assault charges, his attempted humiliation of his father on 24/7, and the postfight with larry merchant. Until the guy resolves them, he's going to continue to have a victim complex and find excuses for himself.

its people with his attitude that ARE bring us down as a culture. Respect should be something that drives us. It's people with the me first, F you attitude that takes my faith in society away.