Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Jens Pulver/ Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Joachim 'Hellboy' Hansen

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Jens Pulver/ Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. Joachim 'Hellboy' Hansen
ufc88
12/23/07 12:26:06AM
If Floyd actually made the switch to MMA and fought Jens Pulver how do you think this would go down? If Jens wanted to be the first to knock out Mayweather and tried to strike with him regardless of kicks he would be knocked out in 10 seconds. Mayweather would hit him with a 10 punch combination in 3 seconds. Don't get me wrong here I'm not saying boxers are made for MMA I love MMA much more than boxing I just feel that if any lightweight attempted to strike with him they'd be knocked out very quickly.

Now WHAT if Joachim Hellboy Hansen tried to strike with Floyd in MMA?
probably the same thing...
if floyd moved to mma there would be no one who would try to strike with him and it would be him being submitted every single fight.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2 Photo Attachment 3
hotrodttt
12/23/07 12:48:47AM
Jens did have 4 professional boxing matches and won all of them so I think he can weather Floyd's storm, but whe he clinches with Jens I think he gets tooken down and submitted by a Rear Naked Choke, and Floyd is not used to knees and he could get knocked out by some knees.

As for Hellboy, all I can say is dominance. He would take Floyed down and ground and pound him to death just like what happened to him against Ishida , he can turn the tables on that one.

Let me know if you want me to go more in depth
tuvok500
12/23/07 1:33:54AM
Floyd would be submit by both guys in 3 minutes max !!

TimW001
12/23/07 1:42:36AM
Mayweather would woop them.

Unless one of them did some ground work then yea first round sub.
Bemin
12/23/07 2:49:56AM

Posted by TimW001

Mayweather would woop them.

Unless one of them did some ground work then yea first round sub.

If Mayweather was ever to get into an MMA bout, there is no way his opponent would want to stand with him (unless of course it was Andy Wang) The game plan would be get it on the ground. Maybe after at least 2 years of hardcore TD defence training PbF may have a chance, but historicaly grapplers have always dominated boxers, and a good MMA artist who has trained grappling AND striking is going to make quick work of a boxer no matter how impressive his record is.
jomatty
12/23/07 3:09:15AM
noone with any sense is gonna stand with floyd and anyone who does is gonna get knocked out. fun to speculate but its not gonna happen, as simply put boxers make too much money to consider mma.
candynuts
12/23/07 12:24:19PM

Posted by Bemin

If Mayweather was ever to get into an MMA bout, there is no way his opponent would want to stand with him (unless of course it was Andy Wang)

LMAO
Manfred
12/23/07 12:27:11PM
I think a lot of guys would be willing to stand with Floyd. In MMA you can kick too, btw. They would pick him apart with knees and kicks, even elbows in the clinch. Floyd's used to hold on in the clinch until the ref separates.
Boo_Radley21
12/23/07 1:00:38PM

Posted by Manfred

I think a lot of guys would be willing to stand with Floyd. In MMA you can kick too, btw. They would pick him apart with knees and kicks, even elbows in the clinch. Floyd's used to hold on in the clinch until the ref separates.

Floyd would beat most if not all of the guys at the weight class if they stood with him. But he's not used to being hit or blocking with those little gloves. And all anyone needs to do against him would be to take it the the mat and either beat the shit out of him or sub him if he ever went into MMA.
fullerene
12/23/07 1:04:03PM
I don't think Mayweather could beat many fighters in MMA, period. Not only does he have no grappling or Muay Thai experience, but he's not a very stocky guy (hurts grappling) and he's not a very powerful puncher. Plus he's a counterpuncher which is not going to be successful against guys attacking from different angles with different techniques than he's used to.

How many guys has Mayweather KOd before the first clinch? That's about how many MMA fighters he could beat.
NatedawgThaM
12/23/07 1:22:12PM
They'll both go-go his ass

Seeing how Jens got some subs up his sleeve and Hanson is a beast!!! But I also agree even if they stand with him. Floyd is getting KO'd brutally. It's way to late in his life to start training MMA for Floyd. I mean he needs to start training Wrestling for defense, transitioning an dgetting back to your feet and BJJ. Wayyyyy to late...
jiujitsufreak74
12/23/07 1:26:37PM

Posted by jomatty

noone with any sense is gonna stand with floyd and anyone who does is gonna get knocked out. fun to speculate but its not gonna happen, as simply put boxers make too much money to consider mma.

i think any solid K-1 star would KTFO of Floyd. i can see any K-1 vet showing floyd what true striking is. just have Buakaw or Masato get in a MMA fight with Floyd and you'll see how well a 1 dimensional fighter does against world-class talent. and actually Floyd has considered MMA, just look at the news section
nickcuc547
12/23/07 1:48:34PM
if pulver tried to stand with mayweather he would get ko'd, hansen is much to big for floyd his knees would be too much for him to handle. mayweather is a natural 135 pounder. if he fights at featherweight i think a guy like pulver could beat him by sub. a guy like faber would just embarrass him.
Styles
12/23/07 7:21:38PM
Mayweather would do very good in MMA if he does chose to fight. He is not just a one dimentional fighter like most people here seem to think that he is. I can see why everyone thinks that he is strictly a boxer because he is a star boxer, but he has kick-boxing, wrestling, BJJ, and MMA expierence. He has everyone he would need around him to make him a MMA star. People seem to forget that he grew up in a ring pretty much since he could walk, and most people dont realize his family that surround him and what they do.