Floyd Mayweather begins jail sentence today (June 1) at Clark County Detention Center

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Floyd Mayweather begins jail sentence today (June 1) at Clark County Detention Center
sparky
6/1/12 10:06:58AM
Boxing champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. could have gotten 34 years in prison after getting slapped with domestic violence charges stemming from a 2010 incident involving the mother of three of his kids.

Starting today (June 1, 2012) he'll serve just 87 days.

That's because "Money" plead guilty to misdemeanor domestic battery and no contest to two harassment charges, prompting prosecutors to drop felony charges prior to his sentencing back on Dec. 22, 2011. Mayweather remained free as part of a plea deal that allowed him to fight Miguel Cotto last month in "Sin City."

Time's up.

The undefeated pugilist must now surrender to Las Vegas Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa, who will then make arrangements to have him transported to the Clark County Detention Center for detainment.

The Associated Press has a description of Mayweather's new pad after the jump.

Link
emfleek
6/1/12 10:23:10AM
OVER/UNDER = 9 days before he's released due to "over-crowding".
sparky
6/1/12 10:31:49AM
Over

The world hates Mayweather
Kpro
6/1/12 10:50:33AM
You can't put a Mayweather type in with general population anyways can you? Everyone and their cell mate would want to be able to say they knocked out Floyd, sucker punch or not.
postman
6/1/12 12:22:09PM

Posted by Kpro

You can't put a Mayweather type in with general population anyways can you? Everyone and their cell mate would want to be able to say they knocked out Floyd, sucker punch or not.

I imagine you can still sue Floyd if he knocks you out while in jail as well. Even if you can't I'm sure someone else thinks you can. So either your the first to put him to sleep or you try your hand at winning some money
machodog76
6/1/12 1:06:04PM
I'll take the over.
Manak
6/1/12 1:40:06PM
i wonder if he will try to beat his prison "girlfriend"
Chael_Sonnen
6/1/12 2:58:26PM

Posted by Manak

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Boo_Radley21
6/1/12 3:14:23PM
In prison he'll be the pie
Sir_Karl
6/1/12 8:37:36PM
Why is this article on MMA Playground? He is a boxer.
MMAcca
6/2/12 3:09:37AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Posted by Manak

Pookie
6/2/12 3:21:28AM

Posted by Sir_Karl

Why is this article on MMA Playground? He is a boxer.

Because people care.
ncordless
6/2/12 4:20:41AM

Posted by Kpro

No, you probably cannot. One of the things you look at is vulnerablity. Mayweather I am sure could take care of himself, but at the same time in a bullpen it would be too easy for some guys to give him the "money or your life" deal," let alone the chance to increase the rep by ganking the #1p4p.
Pookie
6/2/12 4:30:47AM
Good thing it's jail and not prison.

One-on-one im positive that there's no one in that Jail that could punk him for his corn bread. Even any MMA-trained guys are going to be in much worse physical shape, and Floyd's world class in that area.

But Ncordless is on to something, the incentives to Extort or to team up on pretty boy Floyd are so high that it's bound to incite some violence. But yea, good thing it's jail and not prison.

However, with the way Floyd regularly throws away his money, he might be able to pay for complete protection for what amounts to daily chump change to him.