Floyd vs Hatton

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » Floyd vs Hatton
cmill21
12/9/07 2:10:15AM
Sorry guys Floyd was just to great of a boxer for the Hitman. Floyd KO'd Ricky in the 10th round.
ohiostate1016
12/9/07 2:11:40AM
You should see my prediction in the other thread on this topic. I picked it exactly...
John_Jobber
12/9/07 6:35:47AM

Posted by ohiostate1016

You should see my prediction in the other thread on this topic. I picked it exactly...

Wow. You are the prediction motha f'in massa... High five, bud.

Anyways, regarding this thread, I agree that Floyd was too much for Hatton in the latter rounds. Hatton was in it ( and even winning) in my opinoin until the last quarter of the fight. after that it seemed like Hatton's monstrous conditioning couldn't even pay off with the W.

Floyd is just too quick and now it looks like he's going to retire before "boxing retires him" so I'm not even going to have the pleasure of watching anybody kick his ass!
Trapt1nw0nder
12/9/07 7:35:42AM

Posted by John_Jobber

Posted by ohiostate1016

Wow. You are the prediction motha f'in massa... High five, bud.

Anyways, regarding this thread, I agree that Floyd was too much for Hatton in the latter rounds. Hatton was in it ( and even winning) in my opinoin until the last quarter of the fight. after that it seemed like Hatton's monstrous conditioning couldn't even pay off with the W.

Floyd is just too quick and now it looks like he's going to retire before "boxing retires him" so I'm not even going to have the pleasure of watching anybody kick his ass!

I think letterman(unofficial scorecard) is an idiot sometimes...He had Hatton ahead after 6 rounds even though they took a point away from him...stupid...Ricky won no more than 2 rounds....Floyd was to accurate the whole fight and wasnt letting Hatton land anything clean even when he was on the inside.

Mayweather IS the best boxer ever to lace up the pair of gloves...period

Never fails to impress me!

ps..did anyone see Roger Mayweathers son on 24/7? lol...he's like 2 years old and has some pretty slick boxing skills already!...I wish i had a GIF if that kid as and avatar
Aaronno9
12/9/07 7:42:51AM
The ref was a turd. Everybody new hattons best chance would be to get inside and use his body shots, the ref had clearly made his mind up that he wasnt going to let that happen before the fight. The only time he let any real action happen on the inside was when mayweather landed 2 crisp uppercuts, then soon as he was done they were pulled apart. Not taking anything away from mayweather though, hes a great champ and definatly number 2 pound for pound in the world. Props to both guys for putting on a a show :)
babalu2720
12/9/07 8:49:11AM
Ya I watched it,, Floyd was too accurate and would snap Hatton's head back with everyone of the rights, Hatton landed like no power punches, and ya I saw on 24/7 Roger's osn, he was like shadow boxing in the kitchen, lets not get ahead of ourselves, lol but I bet he will be a boxer
Trapt1nw0nder
12/9/07 9:32:12AM

Posted by Aaronno9

The ref was a turd. Everybody new hattons best chance would be to get inside and use his body shots, the ref had clearly made his mind up that he wasnt going to let that happen before the fight. The only time he let any real action happen on the inside was when mayweather landed 2 crisp uppercuts, then soon as he was done they were pulled apart. Not taking anything away from mayweather though, hes a great champ and definatly number 2 pound for pound in the world. Props to both guys for putting on a a show :)

what you talking about?

Hatton couldnt do anything inside even if he wanted to...the ref gave him plenty of chances to work inside,but Hatton was the one holding most of the time...thats Hatton..but its not gonna work against someone like Floyd...besides,Floyd was beating where ever the fight took place..inside,outside....inside-out

If Mayweather isnt #1 PFP then who is?

I have Mayweather #1..Cotto #2....and Prolly Juan Manuel Marquez #3(I would say Pacquiao,but i know for a fact JMM will beat him in the rematch)
Aaronno9
12/9/07 10:29:01AM
I wasnt trying to take anything away from floyd, i think hed of beaten hatton anyways, i just think hattons chances were severly decreased by the ref not letting him fight his fight. If you really think hatton was allowed to fight inside regularly then we were obviously watching a differant fight.

My top 5 is probably

1. calzaghe
2. mayweather
3. Marquez
4. cotto
5. torn between hatton and manny
keith-hackney1
12/9/07 11:19:30AM
floyd is a great boxer and got the win, but hatton is a scrapper. I dont believe, had that fight gone on more rounds that hatton could have won, if it went to the cards, floyd would have won it by 5 or 6 rounds so the ko was just as bad for hatton. That referee was hidious !! WTF. Mayweather did not impress me with his gameplan, he's abit dirty in the way he ducks down below the waist to duck all shots, his strikes were text book, not impressive, hatton made too many mistakes. Floyd got it handed to him in round 10 and he took it. A true boxer like calzaghe goes out every time, lays it on the line and gets stuck in to a fight, mayweather is not that breed of a boxer. Hatton should be known as mayweathers biggest test as hatton pushed him for 8 of the 10 rounds and no boxer has done that before. I really hope mayweather gives hatton the respect he deserves by offering a rematch, these two are the best so should go again. Floyd wants to fight in the uk, and im sure hatton would welcome the rematch to be held in the uk so lets wait and see.
well done floyd, another win, but not domination. When you are the champ you should leave no doubts in anyones minds that your performance is on a different level to your opponant, floyd didnt do this for me in tonights bout.
rabbit915
12/9/07 11:41:27AM
So yesterday a bunch of my friends were going to go to a bar to watch this fight but i told them i wanted to watch the TUF finale. So they convince me that TUF will be on in a bar in addition to the boxing match. I told them to call in to make sure. They called like 20 bars and none of them were showing the Mayweather fight but everyone was like "but weve got TUF finale on".

MMA truly has surpassed boxing as the premier combat sport in america.
Trapt1nw0nder
12/9/07 1:13:00PM

Posted by rabbit915

So yesterday a bunch of my friends were going to go to a bar to watch this fight but i told them i wanted to watch the TUF finale. So they convince me that TUF will be on in a bar in addition to the boxing match. I told them to call in to make sure. They called like 20 bars and none of them were showing the Mayweather fight but everyone was like "but weve got TUF finale on".

ohh look..we got an other Marlon Sims in the room..

there is no way you called 20 bars and NONE of them were showing the Mayweather fight...everyone knows that Mayweather/Hatton was the BIGGEST fight of the weekend!

Maybe if it were UFC 79,but not a finale...the only fighter in the finale casual fans would know is prolly only Huerta
rabbit915
12/9/07 4:27:55PM
I kid you not, it happened. They even called Buffulo Wild Wings which always has boxing and they said they werent showing it.

The reason i made them call was because i didnt think they would show a smaller UFC event if that big of a fight was on but thats what happened.
rcg916
12/9/07 7:30:27PM

Posted by rabbit915

When fighters are paid 35 million for a fight in the UFC then maybe you can justify this statement. They dont get paid all that for nothing, those fights actually draw in the hundreds of millions. Plain and simple, MMA will be the premier sport in time, but dont kid yourself... There are still a ton of boxing fans spending a whole lot of money, much more so than MMA at this stage. Couple things...

A) Why do you think the UFC ran a Fight Night rather than a true PPV against that fight? Because they knew that they couldnt contend with the numbers, not even close. Also, did you realize that it was on an hour earlier on the West Coast? That was because they didnt want the Hatton Main Event to take viewers from their free show. The UFC show ended a few minutes before the boxing Main Event. Accident? I think not.

B) If a bar chose to show one over the other, it was because the TUF show was free, and the boxing requires a special fee/license to air publicly, and costs a whole lot more than the 50 bucks that you pay to see it.
owen1
12/9/07 8:47:12PM
Mayweather is just simply brilliant.The most skilful fighter of all time!!!!!!!!And the guy who just had Calzaghe ahead of Mayweather must be either from the U.K or just plain stupid.6 titles in 5 different weights without ever losing speaks for itself.
owen1
12/9/07 8:51:41PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

floyd is a great boxer and got the win, but hatton is a scrapper. I dont believe, had that fight gone on more rounds that hatton could have won, if it went to the cards, floyd would have won it by 5 or 6 rounds so the ko was just as bad for hatton. That referee was hidious !! WTF. Mayweather did not impress me with his gameplan, he's abit dirty in the way he ducks down below the waist to duck all shots, his strikes were text book, not impressive, hatton made too many mistakes. Floyd got it handed to him in round 10 and he took it. A true boxer like calzaghe goes out every time, lays it on the line and gets stuck in to a fight, mayweather is not that breed of a boxer. Hatton should be known as mayweathers biggest test as hatton pushed him for 8 of the 10 rounds and no boxer has done that before. I really hope mayweather gives hatton the respect he deserves by offering a rematch, these two are the best so should go again. Floyd wants to fight in the uk, and im sure hatton would welcome the rematch to be held in the uk so lets wait and see.
well done floyd, another win, but not domination. When you are the champ you should leave no doubts in anyones minds that your performance is on a different level to your opponant, floyd didnt do this for me in tonights bout.

You should just give Mayweather his props instead of trying to make up excuses.Hatton only won 1 round on 2 judges scorecards and didn't even land a significant punch in the fight.IT WAS A MASTERCLASS BY FLOYD.....#1 OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!
cmill21
12/9/07 9:33:39PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Floyd was up in the score cards HEAVILY, and then KO'd him. A rematch would be the same, Ricky Hatton simply isn't good enough to beat Floyd. I'd rather see Floyd fight Cotto and at least give him a good test. Also Boxing isn't about running in and throwing wildly, it's a science, calculating, and isn't all about power which was all Hatton had over Floyd. Who's Calzaghe most noteable win? Gatti? Zab? Baldomir? De la Hoya? Corrales? Hatton? He's got nothing on Floyd. De la Hoya should be known as Mayweathers toughest test, and no I don't think the ref had anything to do with deciding that fight, I didn't see the ref throw a punch, but I did see Floyd throw and land a punch or two. Floyd had Hatton cut by round three, the point was rightfully taken, since he was outside the ropes and Hatton threw one to the back of the head, and then Floyd put him away dominating him for the next 3 rounds.
keith-hackney1
12/10/07 7:10:59AM

Posted by owen1

Posted by keith-hackney1

well done floyd, another win, but not domination. When you are the champ you should leave no doubts in anyones minds that your performance is on a different level to your opponants, floyd didnt do this for me in tonights bout.

You should just give Mayweather his props instead of trying to make up excuses.Hatton only won 1 round on 2 judges scorecards and didn't even land a significant punch in the fight.IT WAS A MASTERCLASS BY FLOYD.....#1 OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!

Dont be silly .... "Joe kalzaghe" is the best boxer of all time. He has beaten every single next best American boxer and still the american people cant see that he is the greatest boxer ever, just because he's british and not american ???????
Mayweather is a counter boxer, he's great for that, i just think that floyd carries alot of pressure to go with that big mouth of his and someday soon one of his future opponants will knock him out !!

... You tell me, Randy coutures domination of tim sylvia was a masterclass performance, how do you justify that floyd gave a masterclass performance against a guy who gave the pressure for 9 rounds. Floyd sat back and waited, he didnt dominate hatton. You wait, i bet this fight has let a few holes slip out in floyds game, i bet his next opponant will know of these weakness's !!!!
Aaronno9
12/10/07 9:13:43AM
Unfortunatly, calzaghe just doesnt get the respect he deserves, largley amongst americans. I can almost guarantee when he fights hopkins everybody will be like "yeh calzaghe will just get outboxed, theirs no way he can win" blah blah blah. Just like what was said when he fought lacey and kessler. Hopfully when he beats hopkins people might start giving him the respect he deserves.
cmill21
12/10/07 4:20:43PM
Mayweather's dominance was shown by ringside punching statistics that showed he landed 129 of 329 punches to 63 of 372 for Hatton. Even more telling was that Mayweather outlanded Hatton 78 to 26 over last five rounds, including a 32-6 margin in the eighth round.