#4 Florida, 10 point favorite over #1 Alabama

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » #4 Florida, 10 point favorite over #1 Alabama
POLL: What will be the result?
Alabama will win 50% (6)
Alabama will lose but come within 10 8% (1)
Floriday will win by 11+ as the odds suggest 42% (5)
Kpro
12/5/08 3:13:33AM
I've never seen such lopsided odds against a #1 seed. Especially considering they are the only undefeated team from a BCS conference, I believe.

I've already placed my bet locking in on Alabama at +10.5, but what is the Playgrounds consensus of these staggering odds ? I"m not guaranteeing an Alabama win but how is it possible to discredit #1 Alabama by double digits ?
The_Metal_Maniac
12/5/08 7:56:05AM
I honestly believe Florida will cover the 10 points easily. Florida has been on a roll as of late. Florida by 17 or more.
emfleek
12/5/08 9:08:27AM

Posted by roncomanjason

I honestly believe Florida will cover the 10 points easily. Florida has been on a roll as of late. Florida by 17 or more.

I agree. This has Oklahoma/Texas Tech written all over it, in my opinion.
Ordep
12/5/08 12:33:40PM
why do I care, they both beat UGA (that's the real reason they're both up there based on the quality of their other opponents). No excuses, we sucked this year.

I want Bama to win though, I can't stand the GAYtors, all the media blowing Tebow and the douchebagness of Meyer.
mkiv9secsupra
12/5/08 1:34:44PM
alabama has struglled against quite a few opponents while fla has one of the best offenses and defenses out there. bama defense is geared toward rushing and short passes. tebow is the perfect guy to take advantage of the bama d. but with percy harvin an issue the scoree might be close. i still think bama is a bit over rated.

fla 27 - 17 simply because of harvin.......
with harvin 34 - 17
FrankTheTank1181
12/6/08 3:27:58PM
The thing is Florida has the speed oriented, flasy offense that the pollsters love. On the other hand, Alabama is the tough, hard-nosed, power team. Although I don't think that's the only reason Florida is favored, I think it's one of them. I don't really care who wins, but whatever will screw up the BCS the most is what I hope for.
DCRage
12/6/08 6:23:24PM
It's been close so far, 'Bama just scored to make it 17-17 in the 3rd.

Edit: FINAL-31-20 Florida.