Florian vs. JZ... who would win?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Florian vs. JZ... who would win?
ncordless
6/27/08 8:37:20AM
I was looking at the fighter rankings and I noticed that Ken-flo is ranked higher on our site than JZ. I was kind of amazed by this. I think in a match-up that it would be an entertaining fight, but one that JZ would control and win. Who do you think would take this match and why? Also, if you have Kenny ranked higher than JZ, ezplain your reasoning.
SpiderSilva
6/27/08 10:19:47AM
Man something happened to Ken after his title loss he seems to be a man on a misson but this missionreally leads to a loss vs BJ Penn but every fight he has fought sense his title fight with sherk he has dominated hell his Louzon fight was his toughest tesat and he finihed him in the second round this is why I believe he is ranked higher Mr. Ken-flo has really changed for the better few fighters out there can make those kind of changes after a loss it would be a great fight to watch but I don't think JZ cold stop Kenny he seems to be better than most think and after he subs Huerta then we can see what he can do vs someone like BJ well that is unless BJ moves up
Twenty20Dollars
6/27/08 1:13:04PM
I think JZ would just dominate.
bullettdodger
6/27/08 1:21:00PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I think JZ would just dominate.

Aaronno9
6/27/08 1:53:32PM
JZ would smash Florian imo. I think its more to do with the majority not knowing who JZ is or never having seen him fight, rather than thinking florian would beat him.
wolfman
6/27/08 1:56:18PM
Yeah, I think JZ would win this fight rather easily. If he were to get cut by Kenny's elbows, than Kenny could win by a BS stoppage though.
EON
6/27/08 2:25:06PM
JZ by ownage
stock
6/27/08 3:16:20PM
Judging by the responses thus far, it looks like I would get a pretty good line on Florian.
I would take that line.
Pookie
6/27/08 3:39:34PM
Jz, his striking is much better, his wrestling is more techinical and his strength also gives him an even bigger edge there, and his bjj coming from ATT is one of the best at that camp. He also has the explosiveness and power edge. I dont see where florian could impose his will on him.

Jz by stoppage from gnp.
wolfman
6/27/08 5:08:35PM

Posted by stock

Judging by the responses thus far, it looks like I would get a pretty good line on Florian.
I would take that line.

You'd be kissing that money good bye.
fedorwins1
6/27/08 5:41:05PM
JZ would tool Florian. If Florian got anywhere on the feet, JZ would take it to the ground. On the ground JZ would GNP and avoid Florian's submissions fairly easily IMO. JZ tko stoppage.
Kpro
6/27/08 7:05:49PM
Most people do their rankings on the site based on recent performances since it would be impossible to compile a Top 10 based on H2H matchups because of stylistic differences.

JZ's loss to Aoki may put him below Florian on most peoples lists but that doesn't mean those same people think Florian would win, even if they have him ranked higher.
ncordless
6/27/08 10:15:34PM

Posted by Kpro

Most people do their rankings on the site based on recent performances since it would be impossible to compile a Top 10 based on H2H matchups because of stylistic differences.

JZ's loss to Aoki may put him below Florian on most peoples lists but that doesn't mean those same people think Florian would win, even if they have him ranked higher.

A valid point. However I think that along with recent performance, some prognostication about how the fighter would match up with other fighters one considers at his level needs to be taken into consideration. For example, Hendo has lost his last two fights and Cote has looked good his last couple of fights. Regardless of that, you would have to be pretty flakey to rank Cote higher. A similar problem is that of Werdum and Fedor. Werdum has looked good, and Fedor has hardly been seen at all. Regardless, to rank Werdum higher you'd have to be blind to the fact that Fedor is the better fighter.

I believe it best to take a mixed approach of recent performance and common sense/fighter evaluation when ranking. There should definitely be limits of inactivity, but barring that who you think is the better fighter has to come in to play.

I also see what you are saying about not being able to base anything on how you'd see a H2H going. But if we are to allow records to count for anything, being that records are just a series of H2H matchups, then it follows that we could use our judgement regarding future H2H.
stock
6/28/08 5:49:16PM

Posted by wolfman

Posted by stock

I would take that line.

You'd be kissing that money good bye.

Too bad we'll never know for sure.