Florian wanted to send Lauzon a message

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Florian wanted to send Lauzon a message
Porch28
4/5/08 8:18:08AM
lthough many have since questioned the validity of Herb Dean's stoppage in UFC Fight Night 13's main event and official "Fight of the Night," Kenny Florian knows the stoppage was justified. In fact, Florian said Dean even warned him and opponent Joe Lauzon of that exact situation in the dressing room before the bout.

LINK
ohiostate1016
4/5/08 9:24:14AM
Man, Kenny just got on top and pounded Lauzon. I know that Joe was doing a decent job of covering up, but Kenny was just not losing that position. I don't think I've ever seen a mount that solid. Joe was trying like hell to buck Florian off, and Kenny's knees barely left the mat. Kenny is a force to be reckoned with, even if he does fight B.J. or Sherk next.
Porch28
4/5/08 9:37:10AM
Kenny Vs BJ = 1 Great Bloody 5 round War
postman
4/5/08 9:43:49AM
Come on guys kenny dind't do much in the Sherk fight and Joe almost had those heel hooks in Bj wouldn't miss them. I don't think Ken flo could hang.
grappler0000
4/5/08 10:33:18AM

Posted by postman

Come on guys kenny dind't do much in the Sherk fight and Joe almost had those heel hooks in Bj wouldn't miss them. I don't think Ken flo could hang.

I agree. Kenny is continuously improving, but he'd be lucky to last 2 rounds with BJ.
spikerman19
4/5/08 12:39:00PM
Kenny made a name for himself in the Sherk fight,Sherk just used his strenth to hold kenny down.Kenny was never in any real danger.

Posted by postman

Porch28
4/5/08 12:59:30PM

Posted by postman

Im sorry but your crazy. BJ is great maybe the Greatest but I really don't think he run through Florian. I think he'd win but it would be a great fight
bullettdodger
4/5/08 1:23:46PM
BJ Penn>Kenny Florian but is not equal to a slaughter fest, hell i think Florian even has a chance to win... i don't see it as lopsided as some others but BJ deff has the advantage in almost every area
D0wnUnd6e6r
4/5/08 1:42:44PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

I agree. Kenny is continuously improving, but he'd be lucky to last 2 rounds with BJ.

Rush
4/5/08 2:50:19PM
I'd like to see Huerta and Florian fight.
Wing
4/5/08 3:02:25PM
I just don't have the respect for florian you guys seem to, the strongest part of his game is his elbow strikes and he uses questionably cheap tactics against his opponents (Cage clinging against sherk and Intentional elbow strikes to the back of the head against lauzon).

I would like to see him vs Huerta or a him and sherk rematch, but I don't think he could do as well against b.j. as people think.

He is however one of the top fighters at 155 i agree with that statement.
JimiMak
4/5/08 3:18:29PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by postman

babytater03
4/5/08 5:00:38PM

Posted by Rush

I'd like to see Huerta and Florian fight.

Rush continuing to lay down the beat...
wolfman
4/5/08 5:22:09PM
I also think that BJ would run through Kenny. Don't get me wrong, Kenny is a good fighter, but he is not at the same level of BJ. BJ would win by a sub. in the 2nd or a lopsided decision.
crushedbacon
4/5/08 5:32:01PM
I'm almost certain J Lau could have taken 1:30 more of what Ken Flo was dishin but you can't really argue the stoppage. I'm sure Lauzon will bounce back and be a problem.
silverbullet
4/5/08 6:47:27PM
Kenny wasn't striking to the back of the head, he was striking downward using the point of the elbow which is illegal in the UFC. I'm not sure if you're all on drugs together with Herb Dean if you think it was strikes to the back of the head. I think Dean stopped it correctly but called a wrong foul in the heat of the moment.
GSPCanada
4/5/08 7:13:18PM
I agree with the stoppage, I agree with the call that one of the shots ht the back of the head. But i also noticed he uses illegal elbows (downwars to the point of the head) he did it against din thomas and i was wonderig why there was no foul, and then again against Lauzon, any one know why he keeps gettin away with it?
Porch28
4/5/08 7:19:21PM
You know it's pretty funny too me that Lauzon was totally dominated by Ken yet it seems people want to give Joe "the Ears " Lauzon more respect. Why is that???I just don't get it
RMFG_187
4/6/08 12:29:27AM
before all of u start talking about BJ vs Florian, BJ will have to win his next fight, and Sherk ain't a walk in the park.
RMFG_187
4/6/08 12:30:33AM

Posted by silverbullet

Kenny wasn't striking to the back of the head, he was striking downward using the point of the elbow which is illegal in the UFC. I'm not sure if you're all on drugs together with Herb Dean if you think it was strikes to the back of the head. I think Dean stopped it correctly but called a wrong foul in the heat of the moment.

those elbows were legal, unless he was going vertically, but he was doing horizontally.
GSPCanada
4/6/08 12:37:56AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by silverbullet

those elbows were legal, unless he was going vertically, but he was doing horizontally.

Ya Bj would have to win first obviously but even if he loses i think that would be the next matchup because I don't think the ufc is ready to set up the rematch between kenny n sherk

and as far as the illegal elbows go are you saying that they must be going pretty much from the ceiling to the floor to be illegal? so it would have been illegal if kenny was doing that tp lauzon while he was on top?
silverbullet
4/6/08 12:41:16AM

Posted by RMFG_187

no are you pulling my leg aren't you?

lie on your back, and try to strike an imaginary opponent with your elbow. Let me know how much power you generate striking "horizontally". Kenny was using the downward motion to strike Joe on the head with the point of his elbow. It is illegal according to the UFC rules.

I still think you're kidding. Horizontally???!
Red-Dragon
4/6/08 10:25:47AM

Posted by silverbullet

Posted by RMFG_187

no are you pulling my leg aren't you?

lie on your back, and try to strike an imaginary opponent with your elbow. Let me know how much power you generate striking "horizontally". Kenny was using the downward motion to strike Joe on the head with the point of his elbow. It is illegal according to the UFC rules.

I still think you're kidding. Horizontally???!

Anderson Silva didnt get punished for doing the same thing so why should Florian?

Florian is good and always improving but he was dominated by Sanchez and Sherk and would be subbed within the first round by BJ imo.

I feel Huerta would be a good fight for both parties as we all want to see Huerta fight a real contender and it would really answer some questions.

I see Huerta dominating the standup and having a good enough sprall to stop KenFlo taking him down too often. I think that Huerta would have the ability to get back up and would not be overcome by Ken's strength or submission attempts.
Huerta by TKO Rd 3.
JimiMak
4/6/08 5:16:32PM
I just rewatched it and you can clearly hear Herb say to Florian (when he complains about the stoppage) "This is your first warning. Those strikes were to the back of the head! That cut is on the back of the head!" and you could clearly see that it was. He should've had a point taken, but it wound up making no difference.