Fleek's Video/Artist of the Day #1 (Left Lane Cruiser)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Fleek's Video/Artist of the Day #1 (Left Lane Cruiser)
emfleek
2/26/08 11:21:21PM

LEFT LANE CRUISER
http://www.myspace.com/leftlanecruiser

Joe Evans - Guitar, Vocals
Brenn Beck - Percussion, Vocals

Left Lane Cruiser is an American blues band originating from Fort Wayne, IN. The band has stated that their main influence comes from the North Mississippi Hill Country Blues musicians, most of whom were or are currently signed to Fat Possum Records. Left Lane Cruiser is comprised of Joe Evans on slide guitar and vocals with Brenn Beck on drums, harmonica, back up vocals and various percussive gear.

In July of 2007 Left lane Cruiser was signed to Alive Records[1]. Their first nationally released album, Bring Yo' Ass to the Table, was released on January 8, 2008.

BIG MAMA (YouTube)

WASH IT (YouTube)

ROLLIN' AND TUMBLIN' (YouTube)

* Depending on what kind of response I get from this, I may post a new Artist of the Day each day. I love sharing new music with new people and I hope you all enjoy discovering it.
SmileR
2/26/08 11:32:00PM
I loved Rollin' and tumblin'. You can't go wrong with booze soaked blues though.
They're a cool band man i'll keep a ear out for them now.

Cool thread by the way, sounds like a god plan!
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/26/08 11:33:28PM
DUUUUUDE

That's definitely some new stuff... by the picture i thought id not even listen to it... I must admit i'm impressed and I really f*cking like this.

Good responses to come...

ps. Amy in the kitchen has bad ass vocals
emfleek
2/26/08 11:42:36PM
These guys are great. They're from here in Fort Wayne so, fortunately for me, I get to see them quite a bit. Keep an eye out on those tour dates. They'll be coming to your neck of the woods eventually.

If anyone is close to Fort Wayne, you should try to get here on 3/22/08. LLC is playing a gig with The Pack A.D. (from Canada) and Gravelroad (Seattle, WA). This show is going to be OFF THE HOOK. Make plans now.
D0wnUnd6e6r
2/26/08 11:47:33PM

Posted by emfleek

These guys are great. They're from here in Fort Wayne so, fortunately for me, I get to see them quite a bit. Keep an eye out on those tour dates. They'll be coming to your neck of the woods eventually.

If anyone is close to Fort Wayne, you should try to get here on 3/22/08. LLC is playing a gig with The Pack A.D. (from Canada) and Gravelroad (Seattle, WA). This show is going to be OFF THE HOOK. Make plans now.

Get the pack to make em' come down here in ottawa capital city man. Capital music hall...great location
emfleek
2/27/08 8:56:24AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Get the pack to make em' come down here in ottawa capital city man. Capital music hall...great location

Though I'm not exactly sure where in Canada or when they'll be up that way, I'm almost positive that LLC will visit Canada sometime in the near future. I've talked with Brenn (the drummer) and if I remember correctly, he said something about trying to get up that way. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

I know they're going to be doing some shows in the UK later this year, though, for all of you people that live across the pond.
emfleek
2/27/08 2:45:08PM
Like I said in the Bob Log III thread, the Deep Blues Festival will take place in Lake Elmo, Minnesota in mid-July. LLC will be tearing the place apart along with over 40 others bands. Check it out if you can!

DEEP BLUES FESTIVAL
emfleek
2/27/08 2:46:18PM

Posted by SmileR

I loved Rollin' and tumblin'. You can't go wrong with booze soaked blues though.
They're a cool band man i'll keep a ear out for them now.

Cool thread by the way, sounds like a god plan!

Just to clarify...Rollin' & Tumblin' IS NOT an LLC original. It's more of a traditional tune.
emfleek
3/4/08 3:09:56PM
Here are some upcoming tour dates for Left Lane Cruiser, in case anyone is interested.

D0wnUnd6e6r
3/4/08 5:03:57PM
Like I said before, if a canadian date pops up, im there
emfleek
7/28/08 11:25:21AM
US Tour is happening right now!!! LLC is currently on tour with Scott H. Biram and Bob Log III as part of the Hillgrass Bluebilly North American Tour.

July 28 2008 - Horseshoe Tavern - Toronto, Ontario (Left Lane Cruiser NOT playing)
July 29 2008 - Starlight Club - Waterloo, Ontario (Left Lane Cruiser NOT playing)
July 30 2008 - Babylon - Ottowa, Ontario (Left Lane Cruiser NOT playing)
July 31 2008 - La Sala Rossa - Montreal, Quebec (Left Lane Cruiser NOT playing)
Aug 1 2008 - Harpers Ferry - Allston, Massachusetts
Aug 2 2008 - Jerky’s Live Music Hall - Providence, Rhode Island
Aug 3 2008 - Cafe Nine (No Scott H. Biram) New Haven, Connecticut
Aug 4 2008 - Mercury Lounge - New York, New York
Aug 5 2008 - Southpaw - Brooklyn, New York
Aug 6 2008 - Johnny Brendas - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Aug 7 2008 - Iota Cafe - Arlington, Virginia
Aug 8 2008 - 31st Street Pub - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Aug 9 2008 - Cafe Bourbon Street - Columbus, Ohio
Aug 10 2008 - Off Broadway Night Club - St Louis, Missouri
Aug 11 2008 - Riot Room - Kansas City, Missouri
Aug 12 2008 - Waiting Room - Omaha, Nebraska
Aug 13 2008 - Larimer Lounge - Denver, Colorado
Aug 14 2008 - Bar Deluxe - Salt Lake City, Utah
Aug 15 2008 - Neurolux - Boise, Idaho
Aug 16 2008 - Doug Fir Lounge - Portland, Oregon
Aug 17 2008 - Red Room - Vancouver, British Columbia
Aug 18 2008 - El Corazon - Seattle, Washington
Aug 20 2008 - Bottom of the Hill - SanFransisco, California
Aug 21 2008 - Echo - Los Angeles, California
Aug 22 2008 - Casbah - San Diego, California

Not to mention the 3 dates in France for Left Lane Cruiser...

Aug 8 @ Le Tractor Blues Festival - Aulnoye Aymerie, France
Aug 9 @ Le Tractor Blues Festival - Aulnoye Aymerie, France
Aug 10 @ Le Tractor Blues Festival - Aulnoye Aymerie, France

Be on the the lookout for an October European tour, as well...
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/28/08 12:10:10PM

Posted by emfleek

US Tour is happening right now!!! LLC is currently on tour with Scott H. Biram and Bob Log III as part of the Hillgrass Bluebilly North American Tour.

July 28 2008 - Horseshoe Tavern - Toronto, Ontario (Left Lane Cruiser NOT playing)
July 29 2008 - Starlight Club - Waterloo, Ontario (Left Lane Cruiser NOT playing)

WTF?!?!?! Why aren't they playing the canadian dates??? this sucks... The Babylon's like my backyard
emfleek
7/28/08 1:02:05PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by emfleek

WTF?!?!?! Why aren't they playing the canadian dates??? this sucks... The Babylon's like my backyard

They had some Visa issues.