Fitch is an underdog?!?!????

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fitch is an underdog?!?!????
POLL: Is GSP that Dominant
He RULES ALL!!! 71% (42)
Need more proof 15% (9)
NO WAY!!! 14% (8)
bls1919
6/7/08 11:59:33PM
I am going with GSP on this fight as well but for Fitch to be and "underdog' in the wagers part of play says somthing. Less than 20% of people on the site that have picked chose fitch. Is GSP that dominant to put him in that position or is he riding a wave of new nuthuggers? I dont like the guy and cant see him dominating Fitch. He will win by UD but no domination. What do you all think?
Mchubb316
6/8/08 12:03:23AM
Being an underdog doesn't mean that people think he is gonna get dominated. I think GSP will beat fitch, as GSP is better in more aspects of MMA than fitch. Being an underdog has nothing to do about the competitiveness of the fight, just that GSP is the favorite to win.
Twenty20Dollars
6/8/08 12:35:44AM
its not that fitch is an underdog, its that the players on mmaplayground are picking GSP to a big advantage over fitch to actually make him a heavy underdog.
GrizzlyChadams
6/8/08 12:45:15AM
I can't see fitch winning this fight no matter where the fight is taken.
deezyo
6/8/08 1:02:19AM
he should be the underdog!!!!
Raymundo_5446
6/8/08 1:23:22AM
GSP by murder.
ncordless
6/8/08 1:29:23AM
GSP's sprawl makes this a tough one for Fitch. I think he is an underdog in this fight based on their styles.
candynuts
6/8/08 1:30:27AM
I agree that he should be the underdog, and even as big of an underdog as he is. Fitch is a solid and legit competitor but most people believe that Fitch has no distinct advantage over GSP in any aspect of MMA. After the Serra fight(first one), GSP has literally obliterated his opponents while Fitch effectively won some close fights. I might pick fitch because I am always so inclined to pick the underdog bonus. However, Fitch is a savvy grappler that I could see hang with GSP on the ground to be honest.
NinjaCyborg
6/8/08 1:52:18AM

Posted by Raymundo_5446

GSP by murder.

I agree!
GSPCanada
6/8/08 1:52:32AM

Posted by candynuts

I agree that he should be the underdog, and even as big of an underdog as he is. Fitch is a solid and legit competitor but most people believe that Fitch has no distinct advantage over GSP in any aspect of MMA. After the Serra fight(first one), GSP has literally obliterated his opponents while Fitch effectively won some close fights. I might pick fitch because I am always so inclined to pick the underdog bonus. However, Fitch is a savvy grappler that I could see hang with GSP on the ground to be honest.

Exactly undergs occur when two guys have similar talents. when two wrestlers go at it people are more than likely going to lean towards the better wrestler. Wrestler vs Jiu jitsu striker vs Jiu jitsu is where the tough decisions come in
gartface
6/8/08 1:54:24AM
Fitch's strength is wrestling...GSP's strength is wrestling.
GSP's wrestling > Fitch's wrestling
GSP's supporting talents > Fitchs' supporting talents. ( i.e. Striking, Jiu-jitsu..blah blah)
holt8081
6/8/08 2:15:39AM
Im going with fitch
thatfedorsohotrightnow
6/8/08 1:11:12PM
How does that old song go? Anything thing Fitch can do GSP does better, anything Fitch does GSP does better than Fitch.

GSP is bringing GNP back, yeah. You MF's don't know how to act, yeah.

To the TS, if this is such an inaccurate line you need to throw so big money on Fitch. You should scan the bet ticket so we can all see how much you believe in Fitch.
vince25
6/8/08 1:34:11PM

Posted by bls1919

I am going with GSP on this fight as well but for Fitch to be and "underdog' in the wagers part of play says somthing. Less than 20% of people on the site that have picked chose fitch. Is GSP that dominant to put him in that position or is he riding a wave of new nuthuggers? I dont like the guy and cant see him dominating Fitch. He will win by UD but no domination. What do you all think?

i agree with that 100%. all my friends say fitch is going to lose in the first or second round. but i think its going to be a lot closer than they might think.
nickcuc547
6/8/08 1:55:36PM
first off gsp is the champ, secondly fitch hasn't done anything to warrant him being the favorite. tittle shot is definitely worth it but he hasn't beat the guys gsp beat.
89vision
6/8/08 2:55:17PM
Well GSP has just about everything a step above Fitch. The Koscheck fight showed that his wrestling is the top of the heap and not too many people wanna stand with GSP. I think this is the only way GSP will ever lose is to be KO'd or taken the distance. Fitch's only hope really is to win a decision in my honest opinion, and even thats a stretch. I see GSP finishing Fitch in the 2nd or 3rd by GnP TKO
punkstrings
6/8/08 2:55:36PM
Gsp is a big favorite because of his performance against Matt Hughes. Thiago alves just got a dominating win over Matt Hughes. Jon Fitch did beat thiago by tko. I think ditch shows great stand up, although gsp has great standup, fitch is even if not better. Fitch is a big threat to GSP
punkstrings
6/8/08 2:56:34PM
Gsp is a big favorite because of his performance against Matt Hughes. Thiago alves just got a dominating win over Matt Hughes. Jon Fitch did beat thiago by tko. I think ditch shows great stand up, although gsp has great standup, fitch is even if not better. Fitch is a big threat to GSP
The_Italian_Stallion
6/8/08 6:53:19PM
I think that Fitch is the underdog because he has a puncher's chance at winning in my opinion. GSP has better stand-up, jiu-jitsu, and takedown defense than Fitch does.

But... I also think that Fitch has a minor chance of winning (Minor being like >5% chance) I mean if Matt Serra can win Fitch can win too.

I just don't think he will... GSP in the first round by my books.
theguido
6/8/08 7:10:24PM
With Fitchs strong point being his wrestleing and GSP has torn through them lately I don't see much of a chance for Fitch and he didn't look as impressive as ever his last fight.
tberg420
6/8/08 8:16:06PM
Fitch was rocked by Wilson early in that fight and was in serious danger with that triangle towards the end. Not saying that he didn't win that fight but he's kinda like Ed Herman always giving up that triangle. I think that GSP takes this fight late in the 2nd round. I'm not really against Jon Fitch but I totally hate when he barely sneaks out a decision victory and then acts like he totally dominated his opponent.
chubbud22
6/8/08 9:02:28PM

Posted by holt8081

Im going with fitch

Aether
6/8/08 10:06:25PM
basically if koscheck is unable to outwrestle GSP Fitch is going to be almost helpless. We've seen GSP beat much better wrestlers and his wrestling is really his main tool. There's nothing that Fitch can really do better than GSP, and that's saying something because he's no can.

You said yourself you're picking GSP... Why is it a surprise to you that most people agree? the second best fighter in the world could fight the best fighter in the world, and if the best fighter had a large enough skill gap he would be considered the favourite, no matter how much better than everyone else the #2 is. (not that I think Fitch is #2, but it's an example of how even the best fighters in the world can be considered an underdog based on who he's fighting.)
breakdown5
6/8/08 11:19:55PM
Fitch is the dog because GSP is better at everything
pv3Hpv3p
6/8/08 11:35:25PM
GSp = top 3 on most sane people's pound for pound lists... Of course they think he's gonna trounce Fitch... he's widely recognized as one of the best #4# fighters in the world, and Fitch is not... Pretty simple
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/9/08 4:37:29AM
he rules all
Thunderfighting
6/9/08 2:10:04PM
I think that Fitch can win........They are both good fighters. But GSP hasnt had the best track record when it comes to winning under pressure( See serra v.s. gsp 1.) I think that Fitch takes this one by a razor thin decsion because he will rise to the occasion, and that GSP will ride the "IM THE BEST AND NOBODY CAN BEAT ME" train. Keep in mind of how big of an underdog that Serra was, or Gonzaga v.s. Cro Cop, or big of an underdog Forrest was when he fought Rua.
Bowen50
6/9/08 2:47:45PM
GSP will win in the 2nd or 3rd round due to GnP or submission. All of Fitch's strengths GSP is much better at. i am expecting complete domination from GSP
RandyCouture
6/9/08 8:36:06PM
Fitch will win because of this reason

Jesse Holland (MMAmania.com): What is the emphasis on? For example are you focusing on striking, jiu-jitsu, etc.

Jon Fitch: I’m just going to be ready for everything but with a little extra sprinkle of nasty on it.

If hes putting a sprinkle of nasty on all his skills its gona be a bad night for canadians across the world. If that makes sense