Fitch vs Sanchez

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fitch vs Sanchez
TOMMYAYO05
7/7/07 3:42:57AM
Finally we might have Sanchez's opponet.
Rising welterweight contender Jon Fitch (14-2 MMA, 6-0 UFC) could put his spotless UFC record on the line with a fight against Diego Sanchez (17-1 MMA, 6-1 UFC) at UFC 76.

http://www.ufcjunkie.com/
xphycorx
7/7/07 3:58:34AM
wow that would be a very very good fight!!
Sam_Rothstein
7/7/07 4:02:56AM
now that sounds like a fight
TOMMYAYO05
7/7/07 4:06:48AM
yeah i just hope this is finally the one..but dana was the one who announced it so it most likely is concrete but you never know with uncle fester.
DuncanFan819
7/7/07 6:21:04AM
About time they gave Fitch a bigger fight. This would be great to see.
KingKash
7/7/07 8:21:42AM
I am not saying anything untill this one is finalized and on the fight card for UFC 76. There has been to many Diego vs _____ that have happend.
Eazee_E
7/7/07 9:24:22AM
Well eventually one of these Diego vs _____ has to be true. I hope its this one, I'm a Fitch fan, and would love nothing better than to see him pummel Diego.
Eazee_E
7/7/07 10:40:49AM
Once again, with the disclaimer "If this is true".

If this is true, is looks like Karo is the odd man out. Who the hell does he face unless its the GSP/Kos loser down the road like in Nov/Dec?

Maybe BJ, but it's a step down for him, I'm sure he'd rather have GSP/Hughes rematches.
grappler0000
7/7/07 10:48:48AM

Posted by Eazee_E

Once again, with the disclaimer "If this is true".

If this is true, is looks like Karo is the odd man out. Who the hell does he face unless its the GSP/Kos loser down the road like in Nov/Dec?

Maybe BJ, but it's a step down for him, I'm sure he'd rather have GSP/Hughes rematches.

How is fighting the ex-champ a step down?
Eazee_E
7/7/07 11:24:24AM
BJ fighting Karo would be a step down for BJ, compared to fights with GSP or Hughes
komodo20
7/7/07 12:05:09PM
That will be a really good fight
TOMMYAYO05
7/7/07 5:28:29PM
well im pretty positive this fight is a done deal but,i would think if bj comes up yes he will fight karo.
StevieC
7/7/07 7:08:25PM
About time they give Fitch a fighter! I know, I know, he fought Burkman(whatever) but this is really going to show how serious of a fighter he is in the welterweight division...and guess what???

I think he wins.....
StevieC
7/7/07 7:10:08PM

Posted by Eazee_E

BJ fighting Karo would be a step down for BJ, compared to fights with GSP or Hughes

Well, you can't really step up from GSP and Hughes.....Karo would be the next best thing unless KOS beats GSP and who wants that?? Not I.
TOMMYAYO05
7/7/07 7:15:15PM
I want that "Kos"is my boy.
DoTheMMAth
7/7/07 7:44:33PM
There's been so many rumors for Diego's next fight... no Diego fight will be posted again until UFC.com announces it. Not sure if him/his camp's purpose is to generate some buzz to compensate for his last "performance", but I'd be surprised if this one has any more truth to it than his last 2 rumor'd "next fights" (Sakurai, then Penn).
DevonFoxy
7/7/07 7:49:32PM
As do i Kos is the best pure wrestler in the UFC. period. he cant out wrestle and take down any one in the welter weight division. That makes him VERY dangerous.
AmericanFighterAce
7/7/07 8:03:04PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

As do i Kos is the best pure wrestler in the UFC. period. he cant out wrestle and take down any one in the welter weight division. That makes him VERY dangerous.

No way is Kos the best pure wrestler in the UFC.
Sean Sherk is the best pure wrestler in the UFC.
TaporSnap
7/8/07 3:14:51AM
kos is a fag ill hit him with my car Karo is a beast and better get a top plight fight again Fitch will destroy Diego the queer
dgonx
7/8/07 9:54:06AM
Kos' collegiate wrestling record definately outshines sherk's, his wrestling record went 42-0 and was a a four-time NCAA Division I All-American(placing 4-2-1-3 respectively).

and as far as fitch being untested, diego is definately fitch's toughest test to date, but it's not like he's been facing chumps since coming into the UFC... at all.

Alves is a legit top 20-15 WW in the world
Burkman is right on the edge IF NOT in the top 10 at 170.
Kuniyoshi Hironaka was coming off of a win over charuto verisimo and his only loss in recent memory (besides to fitch by decision) was to shinya aoki by cut.
Fioravanti and Carneiro are both guys that fought at 185 most of their careers and even in loss fight some very tough guys (A. Silva, Ryo Chonan, Gregory Bouchalegam, Chris Leben, etc.)
grappler0000
7/8/07 11:10:51AM

Posted by Eazee_E

I see...it sounded as though you were stating it was a step down for Karo.
grappler0000
7/8/07 11:20:14AM

Posted by AmericanFighterAce

Posted by DevonFoxy

No way is Kos the best pure wrestler in the UFC.
Sean Sherk is the best pure wrestler in the UFC.

You may want to check your stats again! Kos has the best collegiate career in the UFC. As far as Greco Roman goes, Couture would be most decorated...soon to be matched by Hendo when he is official.
StevieC
7/8/07 2:01:38PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Kos is not a better wrestler than Sherk or Hughes. I could even say that Dan Henderson and Couture are better wrestlers than KOS...

Edit: I just noticed that a couple guys said the same thing I did...I read your post's after. My bad.
StevieC
7/8/07 2:04:15PM

Posted by dgonx

Kos' collegiate wrestling record definately outshines sherk's, his wrestling record went 42-0 and was a a four-time NCAA Division I All-American(placing 4-2-1-3 respectively).

Who cares about collegiate record, I would say that right now Sherk is a better wrestler, Sherk was in college 10 years ago, he is 10 times the fighter/wrestler he was then....