Fitch: GSP's running scared

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fitch: GSP's running scared
« Previous Page | Next Page »
McBee
3/24/08 5:51:02PM

Posted by masodd

Posted by strongmma

uh, GSP ripped Hughes' arm off and almost beat him with it. Fitch is delusional and would get murdered by St. Pierre.

Ok man your crazy if u think GSP would destroy fitch because fitch is one tough, good fighter. It would be a really close fight IMO but i think whoever wins at UFC 83, fitch is gonna take the belt from them so it don't matter. I don't think GSP will beat Serra when they fight, he's gonna be really tentative and that will be his down fall

This is not a fighter who has been fighting in another league with lackluster wins GSP has beaten almost everyone really bad and you reatrds are acting like both Fitch asnd Serra will beat him, stupid
whardin19
3/24/08 5:53:32PM
You got me on this one...lol! I thought Fitch was going to say GSP was running scared of him. I kind of agree with Fitch on the part the GSP might be looking to take people down because of the knockout from Matt Serra. I also totally agree that he should get the next title shot after the GSP vs. Serra fight. I would be first in line to see that fight. Seeing as Fitch has been my favorite fighter for awhile now.
chubbud22
3/24/08 5:54:47PM

Posted by three_days_of_grey

Well, Jon Fitch has just lost some points with me. Yes, I realize fighters need to hype fights, but he could have, should have taken a higher road than employ Ortiz tactics.

“He had an easy win against Matt Hughes in their second fight where he knocked him out, but after being knocked out by Serra he took the hard road in the next fight with Hughes and tried to outwrestle a wrestler.

Is there such a thing as an easy win against Matt Hughes, the most dominant WW in UFC history? Certainly not. And if memory serves, GSP defeated Hughes with a nasty arm-bar, not by pinning his shoulders to the mat. If I were Fitch, who is a wrestler, I would be very concerned that GSP has outwrestled both Kos and Hughes.. Simply because GSP has been showcasing wrestling skills does not mean he has no other skills.

“I’ve fought a lot of tough guys, whether or not the fans know the names, these guys have all been tough b******s.

Yeah, no shit Sherlock. All fighters are tough bastards, or they wouldnt be fighters, they'd be accountants or something. Maybe he would have a different opinion if he had fought someone in the top 5 and not just one SPLIT decision victory over a top 10 Diego Sanchez.
I say let the next fight for Fitch be against Matt Hughes.

Let Matt hughes kick his ass. WAR GSP

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Ordep
3/24/08 5:58:57PM

Every night I search the web to find any kind of indigenous God from the past and pray to it, a new one every night, just asking to Serra to beat GSP again to see how a lot of people will be quiet and inactive here for a month after that, and to see what excuses will come out.Probably he was a better man that night too? That would be nice, 2 out of 365 nights Serra>GSP so they would need to fight at least 363 times more to give him credit? I don't really care about this fight, but saying that fighter 1 has a better chance in this fight against fighter 2 is ok, as I say that GSP have a chance over Serra but going .... GSP IS GOING TO KILL,SMASH,RAPE,WRITE IN HIS FOREHEAD DIRTY MESSAGES W/ A SHARPIE, etc. etc. etc. is what keeps my little enthusiasm to root for Serra. + all the nonsense comments of he moving to MW to challenge Silva, ha!

To Fitch:
I agree that you deserve the title shot already and GSP is getting it just b/c of Serra's injury otherwise it would have been you vs. GSP for the winner of Serra/Hughes, so for now get in your knees and ask the UFC for a title shot like a kid 2 months before X-mas for a title shot, it worked for others. Just gotta know the advantages of having the chance to speak post-fight in fron of the fans, cause if they get excited that's pressure for the management. You'll be the champion by the end of this year, I'll be willing to bet real $$$ with anyone about that.
MondayNiteMauser
3/24/08 6:19:34PM
GSP is undoubtly the more skilled fighter but MMA is crazy...I don't see Fitch being better than GSP at any aspect of the game but i said the same thing about matt serra.
warglory
3/24/08 6:22:02PM
I am going to bookmark this thread, so I know all the names of the guys who thought Fitch was insignificant in comparison to GSP, and will be immediately jumping on his bandwagon once he wins.

Fitch is stronger and is a better wrestler than GSP, and I will be betting on him to win it. I love both fighters, but Fitch is the next big thing.
Pookie
3/24/08 6:25:19PM

Posted by McBee

Pebbles of truth can be found in every pond...

They will go through a body that weighs 200 pounds in about eight minutes. That means that a single pig can consume two pounds of uncooked flesh every minute. Hence the expression, "as greedy as a pig".

I know it does not make any sense to the conversation but neither did you

lol

Yes i did.

What i was trying to say(through the words of buddha) is that no matter how many asinine statements someone may make, they still have some insight that you do not. Look past your own biases and take what each poster says (with a grain of salt). You'll learn things that otherwise you would never know.

Some of THE ABSOLUTE WORST posters on this site have taught me things about mma that i had no notion of before, and thus i have become quite good at this game.

Insight can be found everywhere, you just need to be open minded when you interpret what other posters say.

Hence... Pebbles of truth can be found in every pond... regardless of how shallow it may be.
iwannabesedated
3/24/08 6:37:08PM

Posted by McBee

This is not a fighter who has been fighting in another league with lackluster wins GSP has beaten almost everyone really bad and you reatrds are acting like both Fitch asnd Serra will beat him, stupid

Serra beat him up once...Who is anyone to say it wont happen again.
MMA
3/24/08 6:37:38PM
It's kind of sad but Serra is actually a tougher match for GSP than Fitch will be. I'm not saying this because Serra had knocked out GSP in their last fight, it's just that Serra has better jitz (and heavier hands) than GSP.

Fitch is a well-rounded fighter (like GSP) but - I believe - GSP is a bit better in every aspect of the game than Fitch is. GSP has a slight edge in striking, I'm sure his wrestling is better, and their jitz are near equal. I think the only thing going for Fitch is that he is mentally strong, but that can only carry you so far. If GSP has truly overcome his mental weakness, then (on paper) he should definitely beat Fitch.

GSP's hardest fight (excluding his losses) has been BJ Penn who is an extremely well-rounded fighter (not to mention an incredibly talented BJJ practitioner). As of now, I don't believe there is anyone that is more well-rounded than GSP in the current welterweight division. Therefore, fighters need to either be better at striking/jitz than GSP is (with decent wrestling) in order to fair a chance. Of course, I'm basing this solely on paper (we all know how unpredictable MMA is). Regarding wrestling, I don't think it is much of a stretch to say that GSP is P4P one of the best - if not the best - (known) wrestlers in MMA. The dude's sprawl is unreal.

Oh, and I think Fitch is either playing mind games (most likely this) or very foolish to say that GSP has became a wrestler after losing to Serra. GSP has always used his great wrestling abilities to dominant his opponents.
grappler0000
3/24/08 7:18:40PM

Posted by MMA

It's kind of sad but Serra is actually a tougher match for GSP than Fitch will be. I'm not saying this because Serra had knocked out GSP in their last fight, it's just that Serra has better jitz (and heavier hands) than GSP.

Fitch is a well-rounded fighter (like GSP) but - I believe - GSP is a bit better in every aspect of the game than Fitch is. GSP has a slight edge in striking, I'm sure his wrestling is better, and their jitz are near equal. I think the only thing going for Fitch is that he is mentally strong, but that can only carry you so far. If GSP has truly overcome his mental weakness, then (on paper) he should definitely beat Fitch.

GSP's hardest fight (excluding his losses) has been BJ Penn who is an extremely well-rounded fighter (not to mention an incredibly talented BJJ practitioner). As of now, I don't believe there is anyone that is more well-rounded than GSP in the current welterweight division. Therefore, fighters need to either be better at striking/jitz than GSP is (with decent wrestling) in order to fair a chance. Of course, I'm basing this solely on paper (we all know how unpredictable MMA is). Regarding wrestling, I don't think it is much of a stretch to say that GSP is P4P one of the best - if not the best - (known) wrestlers in MMA. The dude's sprawl is unreal.

Oh, and I think Fitch is either playing mind games (most likely this) or very foolish to say that GSP has became a wrestler after losing to Serra. GSP has always used his great wrestling abilities to dominant his opponents.

MondayNiteMauser
3/24/08 7:53:06PM

Posted by warglory

I
Fitch is stronger and is a better wrestler than GSP, and I will be betting on him to win it. I love both fighters, but Fitch is the next big thing.

GSP just beat Hughes and Koscheck probably the two best wrestlers in the division...Hughes being the the strongest welterweight in the division who just got tapped out via armbar....Koscheck got completely out wrestled and he was an All-American....Fitch is not in GSP's class...good fighter but not on his level.
GSPCanada
3/24/08 8:19:03PM
What are some people saying on this board

I'm not going to give my analysis on st.pierre and serra because i have done that too many times already. St. Pierre hasnt been using wrestling to avoid the knockout GSP has always been using his wrestling against wrestlers

Remember he took down Sherk, Trigg, and Hughes (the first fight) all those happened before the serra fight. after the Koscheck fight he said he wrestles w/ wrestles because the majority of them can't work off their back, a wrestler on his back is probably one of the saddest things ever...and why wait for a guy like koscheck to take you down so he can just lay on you til the end of the round n gain points

St. Pierre can outwrestle Fitch, if they fight it can probably go both ways and by the time they fight St. Pierre will b a black belt in bjj. Fitch needs to keep quiet because a split decision victory over diego is the only reason hes in contention
NatedawgThaM
3/24/08 8:27:33PM

Posted by tberg420

You gave Wilson so much respect that you picked Fitch to submit him in the 2nd Round.

Because like every other MMA fan I didn't know who the man was. I'm giving him credit for giving the #3 Welterweight in the UFC a run for his money

Posted by McBee

somebody save this post so we can show this guy how clueless he is. Karo was already as good as he was going to get when he fought GSP and it is more about his wins against Koscheck, BJ(more or less), Trigg and Hughes(even his loss) that impress me and show his mettle. Compared a bunch of ok wins for Fitch. I know you love being a naysayer but sometimes it just makes you look retarded.

YOU SOUNDED CLUELESS RIGHT WHEN YOU STARTED TYPING!!! Karo as good as he was going to get? That's clueless. He fought GSP when they were both coming off there first wins in the UFC. It was before he fought Nick Diaz, Serra, Diego, and Burkman. That was before we all even knew he was a strong contender. And obviously you dont' watch Karo fight because if you actually did stop making ignorant comments for a second and look at your TV you would see his stand up is improving. He's only 23 or 24 and he' still getting better! He has plenty of time to be as good as GSP.

Trigg was never that great at Welterweight. His biggest success has been recently fighting at Middleweight. In the UFC he was losing by RNC like crazy. Hughes isn't as good as he's cracked up to be now. Yes he WAS good, but what has he done recently against the current top 10 except one lucky armbar on GSP? Yeah it was slick & skilled technique but GSP tapping right away before it was extended was lucky. GSP was owning him for all 4:59 minutes of the fight. I thought BJ Penn won that fight against GSP. Koschek wasn't even training his wrestling for that fight. he was expecting GSP to stand with him. So him outwrestling Kos is understandable, but it's still Kos's fault, I admit it.

I'm not a naysayer so I can't love doing it The only time I naysay is when nuthuggers like you run around talking about how unstoppable GSP is when the dude clearly got his ass beat by Serra exactly one year ago. And I love how people like you gave Serra no chance last time, AND ARE DOING THE SAME THING AGAIN! I smell deja-vu all over again. If people didn't keep saying he's unstoppable, I wouldn't have to naysay. I don't naysay his talent, he's the 3rd most talented fighter in the UFC behind Page and Silva. I naysay his "unstoppability" when people like you give nobody a chance in hell against him when's he been defeated before. It's MMA, ANYTHING can happen. So quit acting like the man is god and can't be beat.

I'm with "Warglory", I'm gonna bookmark this page and when Serra or Fitch beat him. I'm gonna come back LMAO....

tberg420
3/24/08 8:33:40PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by tberg420

You gave Wilson so much respect that you picked Fitch to submit him in the 2nd Round.

Because like every other MMA fan I didn't know who the man was. I'm giving him credit for giving the #3 Welterweight in the UFC a run for his money

With all due respect, don't assume that all MMA fans have as little knowledge as yourself.

NatedawgThaM
3/24/08 8:40:16PM

Posted by tberg420

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by tberg420

With all due respect, don't assume that all MMA fans have as little knowledge as yourself.

Wow, I'm pretty confident in GUARANTEEING that you didn't even know the man was walking this earth before he fought Fitch. How about without going to Sherdog or any other place to check out his info, why don't you tell me three guys he's fought not including Fitch and was company he fought under?
masodd
3/24/08 9:10:42PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Posted by McBee

Serra beat him up once...Who is anyone to say it wont happen again.

tberg420
3/24/08 9:33:58PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by tberg420

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by tberg420

Wow, I'm pretty confident in GUARANTEEING that you didn't even know the man was walking this earth before he fought Fitch. How about without going to Sherdog or any other place to check out his info, why don't you tell me three guys he's fought not including Fitch and was company he fought under?

I'm an MMA Columnist big guy. You can head over to Scrubsports.com and read my predictions for the fights. I listed that Wilson had only been finished by Nick Thompson by Keylock and how Fitch wouldn't be able to finish him. I predicted the outcome completely. I've watched tons of IFL fights with him in them. His TKO win over Rory Markham was a huge one. I'm also an avid King Of The Cage fan and have watched him there. Just because you and your friends haven't heard of someone doesn't mean that everyone else hasn't. I was even at the Weigh Ins for UFC 82 on assignment for the website. Please back to your parents basement.
NatedawgThaM
3/24/08 9:48:50PM
Just me and my friends? I was one of the few other people on this site along with you not calling this dude a bum, he trains with Team Quest for christ sake, so you can't take him lightly since Fitch is a wrestler and he trains with Matt Lindland & Dan Henderson, Olympic Gold Medalist.

I could care less if your some big old "MMA columnist." Don't try and single me out. "Just me and my friends", yeah ok. Try 3/4's of MMAPlayground. Who couldn't repeat what you just typed.
grappler0000
3/24/08 9:54:14PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

...and he trains with Matt Lindland & Dan Henderson, Olympic Gold Medalist.

cmill21
3/24/08 9:59:09PM
I'm wondering why all the AKA guys make me dislike them with comments like this. GSP outwrestled Kos, who is a very good wrestler, I think he's just showing he can beat people at their own game. Hughes isn't really a threat in the stand up, neither was Kos, so there was no reason for GSP to believe he didn't have a huge advantage there. I think he just wanted to show that he's damn good everywhere, which he did.
NatedawgThaM
3/24/08 10:05:38PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by NatedawgThaM

...and he trains with Matt Lindland & Dan Henderson, Olympic Gold Medalist.

Olympic medalist, my fault, probably not gold. Just watch a lot of Kurt Angle so when I hear or usually say Olympic medalist, It usually has gold before the medalist.
warglory
3/24/08 10:26:05PM

Posted by MondayNiteMauser

Posted by warglory

I

GSP just beat Hughes and Koscheck probably the two best wrestlers in the division...Hughes being the the strongest welterweight in the division who just got tapped out via armbar....Koscheck got completely out wrestled and he was an All-American....Fitch is not in GSP's class...good fighter but not on his level.

According to whom? Joe Rogan and Dana White? Matt Hughes I will agree is one of the best wrestlers ever, but I don't think he has the same power he once had. Koscheck is a good wrestler too, but so is Diego Sanchez. In fact, I'd say that Sanchez has more power than Koscheck does, and Fitch beat him in a pretty convincing fashion if you ask me.
tuvok500
3/24/08 11:53:49PM

Posted by cmill21

I'm wondering why all the AKA guys make me dislike them with comments like this. GSP outwrestled Kos, who is a very good wrestler, I think he's just showing he can beat people at their own game. Hughes isn't really a threat in the stand up, neither was Kos, so there was no reason for GSP to believe he didn't have a huge advantage there. I think he just wanted to show that he's damn good everywhere, which he did.

can you believe it !!
chubbud22
3/25/08 1:00:14AM

Posted by Ordep

Every night I search the web to find any kind of indigenous God from the past and pray to it, a new one every night, just asking to Serra to beat GSP again to see how a lot of people will be quiet and inactive here for a month after that, and to see what excuses will come out.Probably he was a better man that night too? That would be nice, 2 out of 365 nights Serra>GSP so they would need to fight at least 363 times more to give him credit? I don't really care about this fight, but saying that fighter 1 has a better chance in this fight against fighter 2 is ok, as I say that GSP have a chance over Serra but going .... GSP IS GOING TO KILL,SMASH,RAPE,WRITE IN HIS FOREHEAD DIRTY MESSAGES W/ A SHARPIE, etc. etc. etc. is what keeps my little enthusiasm to root for Serra. + all the nonsense comments of he moving to MW to challenge Silva, ha!

To Fitch:
I agree that you deserve the title shot already and GSP is getting it just b/c of Serra's injury otherwise it would have been you vs. GSP for the winner of Serra/Hughes, so for now get in your knees and ask the UFC for a title shot like a kid 2 months before X-mas for a title shot, it worked for others. Just gotta know the advantages of having the chance to speak post-fight in fron of the fans, cause if they get excited that's pressure for the management. You'll be the champion by the end of this year, I'll be willing to bet real $$$ with anyone about that.

I will take that bet
chubbud22
3/25/08 1:08:00AM

Posted by tberg420

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by tberg420

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by tberg420

I'm an MMA Columnist big guy. You can head over to Scrubsports.com and read my predictions for the fights. I listed that Wilson had only been finished by Nick Thompson by Keylock and how Fitch wouldn't be able to finish him. I predicted the outcome completely. I've watched tons of IFL fights with him in them. His TKO win over Rory Markham was a huge one. I'm also an avid King Of The Cage fan and have watched him there. Just because you and your friends haven't heard of someone doesn't mean that everyone else hasn't. I was even at the Weigh Ins for UFC 82 on assignment for the website. Please back to your parents basement.

Who gives a flying crap that your a columnist and you write on some web site I personally have never heard of. That does not in any mean make you smarter than anyone else, Most columnists I read,or see on T.V. are idiots. IMHO You get better insight with regular MMA fans than some dick who thinks they are better than everyone else cause Hes a "columnist". WAR NATEDAWG
Tailgunner
3/25/08 2:42:52AM
LOL.....I will dig this thread up within a year from now after GSP mauls Serra and Fitch, just to remind all the GSP-haters who the "REAL" WW Champ is.

Funny how GSP consistently ranks in the top 3 P4P fighters in the world on nearly every single MMA ranking system and yet Fitch nor Serra are ever even ranked in the top 10 P4P fighters??

I wonder why that is?

Da Riddum is coming..........
chubbud22
3/25/08 2:52:50AM
McBee
3/25/08 3:02:43AM

lol

Yes i did.

What i was trying to say(through the words of buddha) is that no matter how many asinine statements someone may make, they still have some insight that you do not. Look past your own biases and take what each poster says (with a grain of salt). You'll learn things that otherwise you would never know.

Some of THE ABSOLUTE WORST posters on this site have taught me things about mma that i had no notion of before, and thus i have become quite good at this game.

Insight can be found everywhere, you just need to be open minded when you interpret what other posters say.

Hence... Pebbles of truth can be found in every pond... regardless of how shallow it may be.

so more like a broken clock is right twice a day, but I still think that is giving them too much credit, twice a day my ass
McBee
3/25/08 3:19:20AM

YOU SOUNDED CLUELESS RIGHT WHEN YOU STARTED TYPING!!! Karo as good as he was going to get? That's clueless. He fought GSP when they were both coming off there first wins in the UFC. It was before he fought Nick Diaz, Serra, Diego, and Burkman. That was before we all even knew he was a strong contender. And obviously you dont' watch Karo fight because if you actually did stop making ignorant comments for a second and look at your TV you would see his stand up is improving. He's only 23 or 24 and he' still getting better! He has plenty of time to be as good as GSP.

Trigg was never that great at Welterweight. His biggest success has been recently fighting at Middleweight. In the UFC he was losing by RNC like crazy. Hughes isn't as good as he's cracked up to be now. Yes he WAS good, but what has he done recently against the current top 10 except one lucky armbar on GSP? Yeah it was slick & skilled technique but GSP tapping right away before it was extended was lucky. GSP was owning him for all 4:59 minutes of the fight. I thought BJ Penn won that fight against GSP. Koschek wasn't even training his wrestling for that fight. he was expecting GSP to stand with him. So him outwrestling Kos is understandable, but it's still Kos's fault, I admit it.

I'm not a naysayer so I can't love doing it The only time I naysay is when nuthuggers like you run around talking about how unstoppable GSP is when the dude clearly got his ass beat by Serra exactly one year ago. And I love how people like you gave Serra no chance last time, AND ARE DOING THE SAME THING AGAIN! I smell deja-vu all over again. If people didn't keep saying he's unstoppable, I wouldn't have to naysay. I don't naysay his talent, he's the 3rd most talented fighter in the UFC behind Page and Silva. I naysay his "unstoppability" when people like you give nobody a chance in hell against him when's he been defeated before. It's MMA, ANYTHING can happen. So quit acting like the man is god and can't be beat.

I'm with "Warglory", I'm gonna bookmark this page and when Serra or Fitch beat him. I'm gonna come back LMAO....

I understand anything can happen in MMA and Fitch can win the fight, but all we can argue here is probability and that we have to get from past opponents and ease of victory, hence anyone crying out that Fitch would obviously win has to have their thoughts clouded by something besides logic. You want people to not think of GSP as unstoppable so you say you think Fitch will beat him even though logic goes against it. This method is flawed, out of 10 fights who would win more fights GSP or Fitch?
RMFG_187
3/25/08 3:38:37AM
I AM TAKING AVATAR BETS FROM ALL FITCH LOVERS.
Pages: 1 [2] 3