Fitch to fight St-Pierre as a BJJ black belt

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fitch to fight St-Pierre as a BJJ black belt
ufc88
7/1/08 8:16:12PM
Jon Fitch was awarded his black belt under Dave Camarillo's Guerilla Jiu Jitsu system

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=13504
xAcidburNx
7/1/08 8:31:33PM
ill put money down that our brown belt gsp would take fitch in a grappling match
Darnok
7/1/08 8:35:49PM

Posted by xAcidburNx

ill put money down that our brown belt gsp would take fitch in a grappling match

I will second that.
McBee
7/1/08 8:39:27PM

Posted by Darnok

Posted by xAcidburNx

I will second that.

He does come from AKA though and Thomson just killed Melendez, GSP handled Koscheck but I think Koscheck had a bad plan, I think will put up a bigger fight and might have a chance. I think GSP wins this 8 out of 10 times.
Rush
7/1/08 8:45:01PM
Koscheck had a plan? lol

I don't see how this affects the fight in any way.
xAcidburNx
7/1/08 8:56:56PM
i just hope he smashes fitch.i used to like fitch until he made that stupid comment about how gsp has turned into a wrestler since he got kod. has that guy watched any of gsp's fights before. coming from a guy who just got off a descision on a nobody for wrestling him to the ground the entire fight. boo fitch.
jakeiceman
7/1/08 9:10:11PM
I like Fitch and think he is going to have a great chance beating St. Pierre. I would put a lump some of money on GSP but Fitch has the tools to play spoiler for sure.
McBee
7/1/08 9:13:47PM

Posted by Rush

Koscheck had a plan? lol

I don't see how this affects the fight in any way.

both from AKA, I just think camps play a role in fights
MoJoy
7/1/08 9:32:57PM
I have a lot of respect for Fitch. What a great fighter. But I hope Georges St. Pierre teaches him a lesson. I am saying rd 2 TKO. He should not have said those things.
emfleek
7/1/08 10:43:59PM
I'm sitting here thinking about it and I honestly don't think I've ever been such a huge fan of two fighters that are set to face each other.

I love GSP but my heart is wanting me to root for the hometown boy, Fitch. I can't wait to see this fight. I guess I just won't be disappointed, regardless of the outcome.
prozacnation1978
7/2/08 12:03:13AM
only person i see being a threat to beat gsp is thiago alves, i like fitch but he will be submitted
McBee
7/2/08 12:18:04AM

Posted by prozacnation1978

only person i see being a threat to beat gsp is thiago alves, i like fitch but he will be submitted

I think Fitch is a bigger threat for GSP, I think alves will be able to be controlled on the ground by GSP. I think GSP will beat both of them
quezocrema0032
7/2/08 1:03:14AM
no fitch is deff the only guy who could beat him .... and guy with the hendo avatar u mite not like fitch but hes right ive been saying it sence that fight with kos hes scared 2 stand up with people ... and u cant lie hes proven it he didnt stand with hughes ? ... y wouldnt u ? he clearly beat his A## the 1st time doing so and not only that but with kos 2 never in my life did i think kos would want 2 keep it standing with gsp and gsp taking him down but he did ... i understand taking serra down dont wanna get clipped again ... but yea thiago wont stay on his feet long enough to beat gsp ... and only fitch and kos have a chance of keeping the fight standing with him ... well yea idk
quezocrema0032
7/2/08 1:04:39AM
and i ment the 2nd fight between hughes and st pierre
teddythetuna
7/2/08 12:06:08PM
I dont know why people, including Fitch, say GSP is afraid to stand up and fight. He outwrestled a wrestler, took down and BJJ black belt and controlled him, and submitted the best welterweight ever. Its called having a gameplan. He doesnt get paid to lose and even if he is taking guys down he doesnt LNP. He still makes the fight exciting with strikes and sub attempts.
xAcidburNx
7/2/08 4:24:14PM

Posted by teddythetuna

I dont know why people, including Fitch, say GSP is afraid to stand up and fight. He outwrestled a wrestler, took down and BJJ black belt and controlled him, and submitted the best welterweight ever. Its called having a gameplan. He doesnt get paid to lose and even if he is taking guys down he doesnt LNP. He still makes the fight exciting with strikes and sub attempts.

Word
not to mention he was doing this long before the serra tko. sean sherk frank trick. hell go back to his tko days. we only see what we wanna see people
Figsak
7/2/08 5:05:39PM
I have GSP ranked #1, and Fitch #2.

I have BOTH on my fav fighter list. I think Fitch may be in the top 5 best fighters in the world noone has ever heard of, but I think GSP is just a shaved albino chimpanzee. He's a natural animal. I have GSP for the split decision.