The Fishermen's log

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Fishermen's log
KungFuMaster
9/30/11 4:52:51PM
Fishing forums are slow - so instead I bring the Fishermen's Log to you.

Use this thread to post your fishing excursions and feel free to post your catches as well.

I have been fishing for over 15 years now but have yet to land a monster size fish. I will be going out tonight on another excursion to land the monster of my life.

For any young anglers out there (well I am not much older), I give you a word of advice.

How one fishes tells a lot about how one goes about life. After a few hours of no bites, instead of laying down the rod, you cast again. Don't let a 20 mph wind stop you from fishing. Brace yourself against the ice cold wind and cast again. When you snag on a rock and it breaks your line, hook up another lure and cast again. When a spot does not produce any fish, move to another spot and cast again - but don't ever give up on your original spot.

When you feel the fishing trip is an utter failure, pick up the rod and keep casting ....and one day, you will land that monster fish you have been dreaming about...

Keep casting my fellow anglers and post your adventures here.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/30/11 4:58:49PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Use this thread to post your fishing excursions and feel free to post your catches as well.

I have been fishing for over 15 years now but have yet to land a monster size fish. I will be going out tonight on another excursion to land the monster of my life.

For any young anglers out there (well I am not much older), I give you a word of advice.

How one fishes tells a lot about how one goes about life. After a few hours of no bites, instead of laying down the rod, you cast again. Don't let a 20 mph wind stop you from fishing. Brace yourself against the ice cold wind and cast again. When you snag on a rock and it breaks your line, hook up another lure and cast again. When a spot does not produce any fish, move to another spot and cast again - but don't ever give up on your original spot.

When you feel the fishing trip is an utter failure, pick up the rod and keep casting ....and one day, you will land that monster fish you have been dreaming about...

Is there anything about you that isn't weird? I mean, you're the most random dude I've ever met and I'm pretty random myself. It's pretty awesome.
Twenty20Dollars
9/30/11 5:39:03PM
Although I don't fish much anymore.

Lately and I've think it's been this week, I've seen two articles about fishing.

One where a girl catches a piranha and the other where a guy caught a fish with a chainsaw like front.
KungFuMaster
9/30/11 5:58:56PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by KungFuMaster

Is there anything about you that isn't weird? I mean, you're the most random dude I've ever met and I'm pretty random myself. It's pretty awesome.

Don't get cowcatcher started now.

But anyway, it is the internet and I do a lot of rambling on the internet. I thought this was the new thing - to utter nonsense behind a computer.
KungFuMaster
9/30/11 6:03:22PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Although I don't fish much anymore.

Lately and I've think it's been this week, I've seen two articles about fishing.

One where a girl catches a piranha and the other where a guy caught a fish with a chainsaw like front.

Cool - I am going tonight in just a few hours.

I have learned of a way to fish without using a hook. It's pretty cool. You knit the bait with yarn type threads and hope the fishes teeth will hook on the thread. Once it is hooked, you reel in as fast as possible. Gonna give it a try one day.
jjeans
9/30/11 6:13:55PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Ill read whatever a favourite poster of mine writes. You wanna talk about it I'll read it. Can't promise I'll understand or chip in much but I shall read!
KungFuMaster
9/30/11 6:28:39PM

Posted by jjeans

Posted by KungFuMaster

Ill read whatever a favourite poster of mine writes. You wanna talk about it I'll read it. Can't promise I'll understand or chip in much but I shall read!

Thanks Jjeans.

gotta spread the love.
Adrenaline
9/30/11 7:45:37PM
I approve of this thread

I'm taking my float tube out on a small lake tomorrow, I will let you know how it goes.

I hope to catch one so big that I go like this:
grappler0000
9/30/11 10:54:43PM
Fishing + Martial Arts forum = _____ __ ____

Not really into fishing, so that's all I have to contribute here.
kopower
9/30/11 11:02:25PM
I love fishing. Especially on a calm night with some cold frosty beverages, and music playing in the background. It's a toss up between ice fishing and summer fishing. Love em both.
Adrenaline
10/1/11 2:23:34AM

Posted by kopower

I love fishing. Especially on a calm night with some cold frosty beverages, and music playing in the background. It's a toss up between ice fishing and summer fishing. Love em both.

This

Nothing better than a day on the water with your favorite brew.
Adrenaline
10/1/11 2:25:32AM

Posted by grappler0000

I've been meaning to ask you but:

What does the QR code in your avatar lead to? I'm a broke joke who doesn't have a smart phone.
BlueSkiesBurn
10/1/11 2:55:05AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by grappler0000

What does the QR code in your avatar lead to? I'm a broke joke who doesn't have a smart phone.

Right here, lol.
KungFuMaster
10/1/11 3:49:09AM
Not even one bite. This trip was supposed to last a few more hours but we all call it quits after almost 4 hours of no one hitting anything. What is surprising is all the right conditions were there but we simply could not attract any fish. It was a quarter moon. The wind was moderate - around 10 mph. It just did not happen. I have come home empty-handed many times but this night should have produced at least one little guppy, given all the right conditions were there...

Adrenaline, I wish you luck tomorrow or today - I guess.
KungFuMaster
10/1/11 3:51:08AM

Posted by kopower

We will have to go fishing together one of these days.
kopower
10/1/11 10:47:04AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by kopower

Definitely. I've got it made in the land of 10,000 lakes. I grew up on a lake, that my parents still live on. My brother lives 5 houses down from a boat launch, so he has easy access, and there are some of the best walleye lakes just an hour and a half away. There is basically a lake every few miles around here. Not to mention the rivers that are close by as well.
Boo_Radley21
10/1/11 12:30:25PM
Where I live all we have is rivers really and one lake that has a lot of pike in it, but mostly catch bass and the occasional trout in the rivers that run through town. A buddy of mine caught a rainbow a while back
KungFuMaster
10/1/11 2:37:05PM

Posted by kopower

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by kopower

Definitely. I've got it made in the land of 10,000 lakes. I grew up on a lake, that my parents still live on. My brother lives 5 houses down from a boat launch, so he has easy access, and there are some of the best walleye lakes just an hour and a half away. There is basically a lake every few miles around here. Not to mention the rivers that are close by as well.

I envy you. I am in the central valley in California. Fishing here is tough. You have to know your stuff to land fishes here because there are not enough fishes to go around. Bass and Trout are stocked in the nearby lakes to try to meet the demands of the overwhelming growing number of fishermen.

I have been strictly a striper hunter for the last few years because stripers are among the few but plentiful fishes here which comes from the delta and California aqueducts.

Again, I envy you.
KungFuMaster
10/1/11 2:40:00PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Where I live all we have is rivers really and one lake that has a lot of pike in it, but mostly catch bass and the occasional trout in the rivers that run through town. A buddy of mine caught a rainbow a while back

You probably have native trouts and maybe steel heads and salmon in the river??
Adrenaline
10/1/11 4:07:06PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by grappler0000

Right here, lol.

I knew that was a dumb question to ask. Thanks Blue Skies.