How about that Fisher / Stephens fight?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » How about that Fisher / Stephens fight?
ToeZup
6/22/08 7:30:10PM
This was a great fight. I'm a big fan of both fighters.
Give Jeremy Stephens some time. He will be a top guy but he's young right now.

So how about that fight?

We_Todd_Did
6/22/08 7:38:48PM
Personally, I think Fisher deserves as much credit as Wandy for always "bringing it".
Hell, if there were such thing as the "Bringing It" awards in MMA, he'd be a future HOF'er.

Stephens was definitely no slouch either, and I was picking this to be fight of the night beforehand as well (but the Diego/ Luigi fight may have actually been better).

In any event, much respect.
dannyfrank
6/22/08 7:48:32PM
awesome fight. stephens almost had fisher there at the end
kevietre
6/22/08 8:02:30PM
Those backwards elbows Fisher was throwing were unique. Stephens almost had him in the guillotine in the end. I expected more of a stand up fight and was confused as to why Fisher gave up the mount at one point but overall it was an entertaining fight.
Franklinfan47
6/22/08 8:40:56PM
I was telling everyone how this was going to be a great fight and I wasn't disapointed. I think it could have easily made FOTN over Burkman-Hazelett too. Both have very bright futures.
seanfu
6/22/08 8:45:48PM
I think he gave up full mount the same reason most people do, he couldn't get a clean shot and was about to be either pointed or stood up.

I really think fisher is a broken fighter. He is one of my favorites by far, but his physique and agression (maybe from the fighter he was against) just wasn't there. He seems like he lost something I can't point out.

Heathen's a badass though, I'll be following him now.
Mchubb316
6/22/08 9:00:15PM
Fisher is a tough dude. Stephens showed that he has a bright future. I wonder how bad Fisher was banged up from his Bicycle accident? If he was as bad as it sounded, it makes his performance that much better. Good job by both fighter, and a FOTN bonus would have been well deserved.
ToeZup
6/22/08 9:44:09PM

Posted by Mchubb316

Fisher is a tough dude. Stephens showed that he has a bright future. I wonder how bad Fisher was banged up from his Bicycle accident? If he was as bad as it sounded, it makes his performance that much better. Good job by both fighter, and a FOTN bonus would have been well deserved.

I was thinking the same thing about that bike accident. Did you notice he was bleeding from scabs he still had from the accident? Spencer is a tough dude. I hope Fisher gets his title shot someday and I wish Jeremy a long and lustrous career.