My first HL vid (NEW VERSION)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » My first HL vid (NEW VERSION)
Manfred
5/31/07 12:11:40AM
Thanks to those who gave feedback

Fixed some sound, continuity and effects issues.

NEW LINK
xthe_scottx
5/31/07 12:22:59AM
Nicely done Manfred. The transitions were very well done and the effects used were great (except I didn't like when it showed the 16 screens all at once). I also like how it sort of built up to Fedor vs Cro Cop.
Manfred
5/31/07 12:29:29AM
You know, I didn't really like that one either, but my wife convinced me it looked good cause he was repeatedly popping Goodridge.

Damn women Thanks for the input
loller90278
5/31/07 1:57:11AM
the clips were nice, but a common mistake of doin what many do with their first vid - using too many effects.. remember, simple is good!

i'd give it round a 7/10 but a very very good one for your first try!

that song is pretty common too

sorry if i sound like the grinch but its jus constructive! if i had the time or patience to gather all the clips i'd make one myself
Manfred
5/31/07 2:12:47AM
Not a grinch at all. Thanks for the tips. I knew I used too many effects, I was playing with the new software so it was somewhat intentional.
rcg916
5/31/07 2:42:18AM
Great job for a first try (or 5th try for that matter)... completely crushes my first attempts easily. Keep em coming.

edit: tried to give you props, but I gotta spread... so...

madmarck
5/31/07 9:09:33AM
Manfred. Nice HL. Good as a intro to the sport for newcomers.

I thought that the Bisping and Aleks scenes were cut very good. As well i thoguht the Wand Stomps were great.
shackle
5/31/07 2:23:18PM
Yeah I noticed that it says you have to spread your props around.

Wonder why mmaplayground change it like that?

Great work on the HL :)

Posted by rcg916

Great job for a first try (or 5th try for that matter)... completely crushes my first attempts easily. Keep em coming.

edit: tried to give you props, but I gotta spread... so...

DJDark41
5/31/07 4:31:05PM
Pretty sweet video, some sweet knockouts and submissions. About 3:00 minutes in, is that Kevin Randleman with that giant suplex? And did Fedor submit him that same fight?
cowcatcher
5/31/07 5:20:02PM
great job manfred, im just sad that CC loses at the end, i really thought he had a chance after seeing the other HLs of him on there, lol
papercut
5/31/07 6:33:21PM
that was a pretty good HL I'll give for it

Posted by DJDark41

Pretty sweet video, some sweet knockouts and submissions. About 3:00 minutes in, is that Kevin Randleman with that giant suplex? And did Fedor submit him that same fight?

yeah that was Kevin Randleman and yes Fedor did sumit him in that same fight
DJDark41
5/31/07 7:09:45PM
Damn that slam looked like it HURT. But isn't slamming a guy right on his head like that illegal?
loller90278
5/31/07 7:19:51PM

Posted by DJDark41

Damn that slam looked like it HURT. But isn't slamming a guy right on his head like that illegal?

"guys" yes, "cyborgs" no.

just kidding but no it's not illegal to my knowledge.
Manfred
5/31/07 11:33:25PM

Posted by DJDark41

Not sure about in PRIDE. Bob Sapp did it to Big Nog too. More "piledriver" style.

In the US under the Unified Rules, one of the fouls is:

Spiking an opponent to the canvas on his head or neck.
MisFiT
6/11/07 4:49:25AM
That went from an impact HL to a Fedor Highlight. Wtf?
Manfred
6/11/07 9:06:39AM

Posted by MisFiT

That went from an impact HL to a Fedor Highlight. Wtf?

I know, that's one of the things I'm fixing is continuity.

It's supposed to be more like my favorite fighters that are really exciting and/or hard hitters. But then I throw in GSP on Hughes, Yvle kick on Gary, Igor, ect. Those worked really well so I left it in, but I realized it messed it up.

I'm also trimming down the effects and not varying them so much. It looks like a guy who just got the software and is playing with every effect avail. (Which is not far off)

Thanks for the input!
Manfred
7/2/07 12:32:04AM
NEW VERSION IS UP HERE
MrLehman
7/2/07 9:13:59PM
Great job, what software do you use?
Manfred
7/3/07 12:41:07AM
Pinnacle Studio 10.5 Titanium Edition (that's a mouthfull)

If you (or anyone else) wants it, PM me an email addy and attachment limit and I'll send a higher quality version
FeelTheJoy
7/3/07 2:18:46AM
i like it
Manfred
7/3/07 2:37:51AM
Thanks, Any constuctive criticism is welcome. Not about the song though, it's too subjective.

I'm not doing anything else with this one, but maybe some tips on the next one I do
Manfred
7/3/07 6:41:01AM
Zuffa Nazi's got it, still on DMotion..for now

New LINK
Stickan
7/3/07 6:49:57AM
Great first HL. Love the tremblings and stuff..
Ashame about the naziZuffas.