The First Twister in the UFC (Gracie Breakdown)

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » The First Twister in the UFC (Gracie Breakdown)
bjj1605
3/31/11 11:23:38PM
link

The UFC pulled our original video, so this is the new video without any UFC fight clips.The UFC Fight Night on March 26, 2011 had some sick fights. Ryron and Rener Gracie breakdown the Twister used by Chan Sung Jung against Leonard Garcia. They show how Amir Sadollah used RIckson's favorite, the Twisting Arm Control, against DeMarques Johnson, and more! PLEASE POST THIS VIDEO ON ALL MMA/BJJ FORUMS YOU FREQUENT, SO WE CAN EDUCATE THE JIU-JITSU HATERS!To enter to win the 13-disc Gracie Combatives DVD collection: 1) Subscribe to the Youtube.com/GracieBreakdown channel 2) Favorite this video 3) Comment on this videoWe will randomly select a winner, and we will announce it during our breakdown of UFC 129. Tell your momma to enter the drawing too, and if she wins, maybe she'll let you borrow the DVD set! If you already own Gracie Combatives, and you win, we'll hook you up with something else Gracie. If you don't own the Gracie Combatives DVDs already, click here to learn more:http://store.gracieacademy.com/p-1979-gracie-combatives-dvd-collection.aspxTwitter: http://www.Twitter.com/graciebrothers Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/GracieAcademyRener is wearing the new Triple Triangle T-shirt by Rodolfo: http://store.gracieacademy.com/c-265-t-shirt.aspx
Budgellism
3/31/11 11:27:45PM
I'm glad they remade the video. It is ALWAYS good to have a Gracie's breakdown of a submission. I'll have to try this one out tomorrow after a few beers.
DeadHead988
3/31/11 11:38:36PM
I love how the Gracie's always talk **** about Eddie Bravo, then break down his signature technique and talk about their favorite variations. NOT A GRACIE FAN!!!!!!
Budgellism
4/1/11 12:52:30PM

Posted by DeadHead988

I love how the Gracie's always talk **** about Eddie Bravo, then break down his signature technique and talk about their favorite variations. NOT A GRACIE FAN!!!!!!

They gave him a shout out and praised the submission at the beginning of the video.. I don't know of any examples that support your claim. Find one and I'll believe you.
emfleek
4/1/11 1:08:48PM

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by DeadHead988

They gave him a shout out and praised the submission at the beginning of the video.. I don't know of any examples that support your claim. Find one and I'll believe you.

LINK
grappler0000
4/1/11 2:12:54PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by DeadHead988

LINK

I don't thing the trash talking was geared towards Bravo. I think it was aimed more for guys like Mark Laimon...the truly negative comments anyway. As far as his feelings about trainers only having different styles, I could see Bravo being lumped into that group. I don't think it was a dig at him personally though. For the record though, I do not agree with that statement. Perhaps Mr. Gracie forgets that BJJ is a derivative.
Budgellism
4/1/11 10:43:22PM

Posted by grappler0000

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Budgellism

Posted by DeadHead988

LINK

I don't thing the trash talking was geared towards Bravo. I think it was aimed more for guys like Mark Laimon...the truly negative comments anyway. As far as his feelings about trainers only having different styles, I could see Bravo being lumped into that group. I don't think it was a dig at him personally though. For the record though, I do not agree with that statement. Perhaps Mr. Gracie forgets that BJJ is a derivative.

This

And that's Royce talking about it. Not the guys in the video. That's what I was saying.
warglory
4/1/11 11:20:48PM
Royce Gracie is so full of himself and his family name he is borderline delusional. His comments about BJJ having nothing more to offer beyond the basics is like saying English association football from the turn of the century is the only real way to play soccer. It's asinine. Where were the Gracies when rubber guard came along? Or the twister, which, as stated, is derived from wrestling. BJJ is no longer Gracie jiu jitsu, but Royce hasn't figured that out.