First Time Watching a Fight Drunk

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » First Time Watching a Fight Drunk
SeanSalmonisGod
11/16/08 2:25:33PM
This weekend was a big weekend for our school. (Cortaca Weekend) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cortaca Big parties and shit. Biggest weekend of the year. So I had to make the decision to go out and get hammered, or watch Randy and Brock. Of course going out and getting hammered won out. So after extensive drinking at this house, I walk downstairs and what do I happen to see on the 52 inch flat screen. Kenny Florian vs Joe Daddy. I immediately flipped out. There were about 30 other people in this room watching the fights, all of whom knew about MMA and were rooting for Randy. Watching the fight drunk was so amazing, probably the only thing I remember from the night.

There was this girl watching the fight with all of us. She seemed to know what she was talking about. But a kid with sort of dark skin and a blonde afro, walks into the room, and she screams, YOU LOOK LIKE JOSH KOSCHECK. A drunk me found this hilarious and couldn't stop laughing.
Good times! Anyone have similar experiences?
Mitchell740
11/16/08 3:46:25PM
It is fun, but alot of times you end up hearing people blabbering about how a particular fighter is amazing or what one person would have done in that situation.

It can also go downhill fast because alcohol makes everything seem safer, even MMA without gloves.
backalley101
11/16/08 8:25:46PM
Me the 91th time
Boo_Radley21
11/17/08 1:22:07AM

Posted by Mitchell740

It can also go downhill fast because alcohol makes everything seem safer, even MMA without gloves.

Sometimes it results in a god damn drunken knockout that leaves you wondering what the **** happened in the morning.

But yea, it is a lot of fun. I prefer watching the fights high over drunk because I pay more attention to detail. The fight seems to last so much longer and is so much intense. Plus I think more and analyze the fight in my head haha.
SeanSalmonisGod
11/17/08 1:33:38AM
I have to say watching it among 30 other people screaming for Randy was awesome
emfleek
11/17/08 10:45:03AM
I hate being drunk when watching a Pay-Per-View. I, personally, like to devote 100% of my attention to every second of every fight. I don't even like it much when people around me are talking. However, when I drink and watch an event, I find myself getting caught up in conversation with others and end up regretting it when it's all said and done.

I prefer to order the event at home but I don't usually do so unless it's going to be a HUGE event (ie: BJ/GSP). I usually go out to a bar and pay $5 cover charge to watch it. I need to stop taking my girlfriend, though. She ALWAYS wants to leave right after the main event and that pisses me off. I want to stick around and watch until the even is over. Case in point? Lesnar/Couture. It was over at 12:20 (I think?) and we left because she was b*tching about wanting to go home. She loves watching MMA but I can't convince her that the undercard fights are/can be just as exciting as any other fight on the main card.
higdon10
11/18/08 4:30:08PM

Posted by emfleek
I need to stop taking my girlfriend, though. She ALWAYS wants to leave right after the main event and that pisses me off. I want to stick around and watch until the even is over. Case in point? Lesnar/Couture. It was over at 12:20 (I think?) and we left because she was b*tching about wanting to go home. She loves watching MMA but I can't convince her that the undercard fights are/can be just as exciting as any other fight on the main card.

Most of my friends are the same way. After the main event they lose all intrest.