Your first ever prop

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Your first ever prop
Rabi
11/26/11 4:56:33AM
Just reading your first ever post which was interesting, now lets post our first ever prop.

I want the post it was for, who propped you and what they said.

Ill start:

Topic

Who gets the Ko, fight of the night and sub bonuses for UFC 82?

I said:

I agree with Hendo v silva as fight of the night.

KO of the night Chris Leben

Submission of the night Diego Sanchez.

I really hope that Hazelett defeats Koshcheck.

Propped by the infamous CornishMMA

He said:

Wow its the mysterious Rabi!!!
BlueSkiesBurn
11/26/11 5:01:00AM
Mine was for my "first playground post" and it was by Kpro.

Kpro I agree, I enjoy watching Machida. 6/1/08 Post #18 on topic: "Tito so close... yet so far."
jjeans
11/26/11 5:28:41AM
You know I love my prop's suggestion... hint... hint...

From - seanfu
Reason - free props
Date - 10/15/09
Topic - "Couture or Vera" (My first post)
shaneTpain
11/26/11 8:53:00AM
My first props was for joining this seasons TUF sidegame.

Its stated "welcome to the playground brah! good to see a new poster, and good luck in the side game"

& it was from my boy & yours pmoneyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
emfleek
11/26/11 10:06:35AM
From wolfman. For the following...

LINK
Budgellism
11/26/11 10:26:13AM
My first prop was from a guy named Porch28 (looks like he was banned or the account is deleted)

He said, "Someone's gotta give you your first"

It was on a thread called "Mike Brown Calls out Jeff Monson(funny)"
cowcatcher
11/26/11 12:24:44PM
In a thread called "Could Tim last 2 rounds with Fedor"

Posted by cowcatcher

if he pooped his pants again fedor might stay away, can cyborgs smell?

From Gladiator: LOL!!! funny and tru
Poor_Franklin
11/26/11 2:19:50PM
i posted "kryptochronoconolite" in the official im stoned thread & pmoney propped me saying:

I don't understand the post, but I am giving you props for your "Fight Supremacist" camp. LOFL

that was the camp i was in before i joined ecp for the side games.
FlashyG
11/26/11 2:22:47PM
My Prop Cherry was popped by Khaos.

The Thread was called Justin Levens fighting twice on Affliction Banned Card.

I ended my post saying that it doesn't really matter how many can's they match him up with I'm still not picking him.

Khaos propped me with.

"I agree, even if it was Levens vs a stick, I'd pick the stick"

sbulldavid
11/26/11 3:25:47PM

Posted by Ricks350z

Rua will beat Machida? really? is this the same Rua who tapped out against Griffin?

Maybe that is why you got a 4-6 record Ricks350z?

(Before Shogun/Machida 1)
bjj1605
11/26/11 4:00:05PM
Mine was for Post #61 on topic: "Official Lesnar vs. Couture thread"

the prop was from fullerene.

Posted by bjj1605

Posted by atlus

i'm sorry but i gotta make this assessment

randy couture has what a couple fights worth of footage on lesnar?

but lesnar has tons and tons of tapings of randy

lesnar also moves like a lightweight, and as experienced as mir and herring are, they were both so caught off gaurd by lesnars shere speed and when herring at that first blow it broke his orbital bone

lesnar is also an evolving fighter, he'll learn more and more but i think lesnars perfect gameplan is to use chuck liddells counter game to his best advantage and work on his submission defence and accuracy for this fight

i see, if lesnar is smart, first round KO

lets go on just records alone for a second

herring fought big nog, rocked him, coulda finished, didnt, still lost, randy couldnt finish tim, big nog finished time, lesnar gave herring his most pathetic loss of his intire carreer, after all that experience, he had nothing to answer to anything brock threw at him

youd think, after fighting so many of the best, the man would have something to use? doesnt herring have more fight experience than randy?

There's a couple problems with your argument.

1st-- Randy is the king of game plans. He will learn more about Lesnar from those few videos than Brock could off of a hundred fights. Brock is gonna "go donkey kong on his head" thats all he knows how to do. He' s big, strong, and explosive. He's also dumb, unskilled, one dimensional, and inexperienced. Randy is one of the smartest fighters (especially when it comes to game plans) and he's more well rounded and experienced.

2nd-- Chuck's counter punch approach would be horrible for Brock. He's big and a good wrestler. He's gonna bull rush randy, throw a big right hand, and then try to control him on the ground (with a couple of pathetic attempts at ground and pound.) Randy would pick him apart standing, and Brock's style is as far from Chuck as you could get. Chuck= patient striker. Brock= aggressive grappler.

3rd-- Records make lesnar look like a joke. He lost in the first round to Mir. Then he had a boring lay and pray showing against a past his prime journeyman fighter. Compared to randy's amazing career full of upsets and championships... i think you get the picture.

4th-- Herring has more experience. If you're counting only numbers of fights. But Randy has faced a consistent high level of competition and consistently been impressive. Whereas herring just managed to stay in the spot light. Not to mention herring lacks many of the skills, the heart, and the intangible ability to cause upsets that randy is known for.

Kpro
11/26/11 4:21:06PM
Mine was from TNunley "Rock on, Brother" circa 2007 in a topic "Not all PRIDE fighters struggle in the UFC" where I had posted:

"Of Anderson Silva's previous 8 fights before entering the UFC; 7 were in a cage, the lone ONE of those, being in PRIDE"
Chael_Sonnen
11/26/11 5:27:44PM
BlueSkiesBurn

For.....

"Tim Sylvia Is From The East Coast And Doesn't Care What You Think"
kopower
11/26/11 7:39:20PM
Mine was from none other than hippysmacker, from the thread, Has Tito Lost His Steam? His legendary words, "I agree"

Tito made $210,000 his last fight. That's a bucket load of money for being a mid level fighter lately. If he can keep selling tickets and pay per view numbers I think Dana will keep him just because of that. I do agree that he is mostly talk and hasn't been impressive at all for the last couple fights. If he losses a few more fights people aren't going to bother if he's in the ufc or not.
Drudinh
11/27/11 1:09:15AM
THREAD -Propped by coldchillin
FastKnockout
11/27/11 2:17:56PM
Who: Emfleek
Thread: "Dunham's Cut"
Why: For posting these two pictures.

pmoney
11/29/11 4:03:01AM
Ah, I love props

My first prop came from BigBadAl, who hit me with a "true" comment for Post #3 on topic: "Signs Point to Parisyan’s UFC Release".

I kept it short and sweet.

Posted by pmoney

The only reason I have to be sad is that Karo and Nate Diaz never fought....

Still true! You guys remember that beef!?!
Poor_Franklin
11/29/11 4:15:20AM

Posted by pmoney

Ah, I love props

My first prop came from BigBadAl, who hit me with a "true" comment for Post #3 on topic: "Signs Point to Parisyan’s UFC Release".

I kept it short and sweet.

Posted by pmoney

The only reason I have to be sad is that Karo and Nate Diaz never fought....

Still true! You guys remember that beef!?!

Remember it?!

I used to dream of a tag team cage fight between Nate & Nick & Karo & Manny.
pmoney
11/29/11 5:14:43AM

Posted by Poor_Franklin

I used to dream of a tag team cage fight between Nate & Nick & Karo & Manny.

Yes! That would just be ridiculous! Not only do I think Nick and Nate would beat either one of them individually, but we know they'd have the advantage in a tag team match

I firmly believe Nick would destroy Karo if they fought again today. Nick was like 21 when they fought? Now he's 15-1 (1 NC) in the last 5½ years, avenged the one cut stoppage loss, and the NC was ruled as such because after winning the fight of the year, he his pee pee had some weed in it....

Nate decisively crushes Manny if they meet again as well. I am picking the Diaz brothers over anyone they face, ever.
Rabi
11/29/11 5:19:55AM
I think both Nate and Nick would beat Karo today, who looked awful in his last UFC fight! But Manny is a bad style match up for Nate, he would put him on his back and hold him down for 15 mins, just like he would of done in the finale had Manny not dislocated his Shoulder ( I think) during the match!
pmoney
11/29/11 5:30:53AM

Posted by Rabi

I think both Nate and Nick would beat Karo today, who looked awful in his last UFC fight! But Manny is a bad style match up for Nate, he would put him on his back and hold him down for 15 mins, just like he would of done in the finale had Manny not dislocated his Shoulder ( I think) during the match!

It could happen that way Rabi! Anything is possible in this sport. And while I haven't seen their fight in years, if I recall correctly, Manny blew his shoulder out on a takedown that was stuffed by Diaz I don't know if I am suffering from cognitive distortion stemming from my Diaz bias

I'll have to go re-watch the fight for free on UltimateFighter.com!! You can do it too guys! Watch every episode, every fight, even The Ultimate Finale from every season for free! No signing up, no bullshit!!

::making it rain with corporate whore money::

jjeans
11/29/11 5:40:55AM

Posted by pmoney
I'll have to go re-watch the fight for free on UltimateFighter.com!! You can do it too guys! Watch every episode, every fight, even The Ultimate Finale from every season for free! No signing up, no bullshit!!

All Bullshit aside Jason Von Flue vs Jorge Gurgel is my favourite fight of all time.

1. Jason Von Flue vs Jorge Gurgel
2. Shogun vs Hendo
3. Griffin vs Bonnar
gartface
11/29/11 3:14:40PM
Thread - Karo Parisyan Title Shot

Posted by gartface

I can definitely see that happening. I don't see why Fitch has to fight Diego. IMO it should have been Karo vs. Diego II. I think Fitch without a doubt deserves a title shot after he beats the living hell out of Diego.

Propped by JimiMak
Bubbles
12/3/11 12:12:36PM
my first ever prop was for my AV (its also my current one) from machodog76: "I had to prop you for your AV, I love the trailerpark boys!". (Post #14 on topic: "Josh Koscheck Still Hoping To Fight "Sorry @$$" Tito Ortiz-If He Has The Guts To Accept The Fight")

my first prop for a post came a whole 72 days later from vomitshovel: "Wicked sarcasm :D". (Post #14 on topic: "Greg Jackson Fires Back at Dana White Over Recent Criticism")

Posted by Bubbles

its obvious Greg Jackson employs boring, point fighters such as:

Carwin
Stevenson
Cerrone
Guillard
Condit
Bones
Sanchez
Marquardt
Florian
Jason Macdonald
Garcia
Schaub

oh and cant forget GSP who only lays on top of his opponent never looking to finish or advance position.

prophecy033
12/3/11 11:00:54PM
Mine was from BlueSkiesBurn on the Thread: "Rad Martinez Signs With Bellator, Continuing Inspirational Journey" I wrote- Having a family and kids is what most of us aim for and rad is no different, but what sets him apart is he is willing to forego that to care for his dad. Amazing story.
Prop said- Original Member, First Post...GREAT story.
papercut
12/4/11 4:12:29AM
my first prop was from Jeffanori-Gomi (most of the members now a days will have no clue who that is) for my post on "who would win Couture/Vera?" all the way back on 3/16/07