first post

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » first post
thevoodooninja
9/13/12 7:24:34PM
keeping with the first of's on the playground
i thought it would be cool to see what your first post was

this ones mine, got 2 props for it
Jon Jones Says He Doesn't Want to Fight Anderson Silva, Considers Him a 'Mentor'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by prophecy033

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by steve_mckay

They are not even in the same weight class and fighting isn't anything like basketball.

Jones is the LHW Champ, Anderson's fought at LHW and still can, it CAN happen

it can happen but too bad it wont...

just another reason for me not to like either one of them
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poor_Franklin
9/13/12 7:32:59PM
on a thread mentioning that FN25 was scheduled for NOLA:

Posted by Poor_Franklin

WAR BELCHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll def be there in person!

infestructure
9/13/12 7:43:29PM
My first post got me a couple of props. Makes me feel like such a noob - it was only 9mnths ago. I feel like I've been part of the PG family forever though

I replied to Poor_Franklin when he said this on a thread about Tim Sylvia's most recent attempt at a comeback...

It would be funny to see him make a comeback like Hunt and fans go from to

I said

I was more like or than with Hunt, but big Tim was never likeable like Hunt. He tries too hard and he's not quite hip
JLS1980
9/13/12 7:46:44PM
My first post was about Ian McCall and him gaining 25lbs. over night after his weigh in.

P$ gave me my first prop. I know hard to believe.

I'm still glad I joined. It's been 90 days.
prophecy033
9/13/12 7:46:51PM

Posted by prophecy033

Having a family and kids is what most of us aim for and rad is no different, but what sets him apart is he is willing to forego that to care for his dad. Amazing story

This was a story about Rad Martinez, a fighter who was featured on E:60. He was a fighter who took care of his dad who was confined to a wheelchair. He was signed by Bellator after the story ran
george112
9/13/12 7:51:11PM
I started a thread about how gonzaga was being put way to high on a pedestal after knocking out mirko

" ok this is just my opinion but still

im tired of hearing about how couture and gonzaga are the ones most likely to beat fedor...i mean come on people..lets look at gonzaga...he has beat ONE top notch heavy weight in mirko and it was by a lucky head kick...ANYONE can throw a head kick and have it land and knock somebody out with it, just look at the herring an nog fight..gonzaga i just cant see beatin fedor he doesnt have the gracefulness i should say of fedor..i do think however that gonzaga would be a little bit of a threat on the ground but do remember that fedor is a master of sports in sambo and judo so i really do think fedor could hang with gonzaga on the ground...if big nog couldnt submit fedor then gonzaga wont...as for the elbows on the ground and the cage...i do remember bas rutten saying when fedor came to pride that the key to success for semmy shilt was goin to be the ability to hit fedors head when he was on the ground..well look wat happened..fedor turned into one of if not the best GnP practioners of all time..just think of the damage fedor could do if he unleashed his elbows on somebodies face from the mount or in there guard

ok ok enough about gonzaga lets take a look at couture

couture...i love wat he has done for the sport...hes proven me wrong time and time again but guys he just doesnt have the strength or the sheer power and resourcefulness or fedor...now i kno i kno he beat big tim but i do remember numerous threads on how fedor would absolutely destroy timmy...randy dominated tim for 5 rounds i see a fight between fedor and randy goin maybe to the 2nd round...if randy were to get mounted i dont see him stayin on top for very long the strength of fedor once again would surpass coutures and eventually would end up in a sweep and fedor bein on top...but the thing about fedors GnP is he can inflict damage outside your guard just like when he fought big nog and when he starts landing shots he just doesnt stop take his intensity would be to much for couture i think...but hey you never kno he could pull off a freak high kick like gonzaga and win the fight..but i highly highly highly doubt it

one more thing about gonzagas head kick like i said anyone could land a kick...lets say giant silva or bob sapp somehow got there freakishly large legs high enough to KO couture wat would yall be sayin then?..that there goin to be the next ones to beat fedor?...come on guys"

kopower
9/13/12 7:54:55PM
Not the most groundbreaking post, but here it is

Basically any of the LHW's you mentioned pitted against each other would be great to watch.

I was responding to this thread:

Personally, I think Henderson can stand toe to toe with Liddell and KO him at his own game. Having Henderson come in at LHW is bittersweet, because with Shogun, Liddell, Rampage, and possibly Wanderlei, its gonna be war. But then again, I think he'd decimate at Middleweight. But right now with the LHW division so dense, Id love to see any combinations of these match-ups time and again. I see Ramage beating Henderson, Henderson beating Liddell/Wanderlei, Wanderlei beating Liddell, Shogun beating them all. If there were two more LHW's to add I'd hope for Sokoudjou and Arona. Whats your take on the breakdown of these combinations?
Budgellism
9/13/12 9:01:46PM
Unfortunately my post discussed how I think Hendo outside of the cage isn't a nice person and he's totally full of himself. lol. He did some online chat thing on ufcjunkie and the way he was responding to people bothered me. I was 16 at the time though so obviously I was an idiot
infestructure
9/13/12 9:55:42PM

Posted by george112

I started a thread about how gonzaga was being put way to high on a pedestal after knocking out mirko

im tired of hearing about how couture and gonzaga are the ones most likely to beat fedor...i mean come on people..lets look at gonzaga...he has beat ONE top notch heavy weight in mirko and it was by a lucky head kick...ANYONE can throw a head kick and have it land and knock somebody out with it, just look at the herring an nog fight..gonzaga i just cant see beatin fedor he doesnt have the gracefulness i should say of fedor..i do think however that gonzaga would be a little bit of a threat on the ground but do remember that fedor is a master of sports in sambo and judo so i really do think fedor could hang with gonzaga on the ground...if big nog couldnt submit fedor then gonzaga wont...as for the elbows on the ground and the cage...i do remember bas rutten saying when fedor came to pride that the key to success for semmy shilt was goin to be the ability to hit fedors head when he was on the ground..well look wat happened..fedor turned into one of if not the best GnP practioners of all time..just think of the damage fedor could do if he unleashed his elbows on somebodies face from the mount or in there guard

couture...i love wat he has done for the sport...hes proven me wrong time and time again but guys he just doesnt have the strength or the sheer power and resourcefulness or fedor...now i kno i kno he beat big tim but i do remember numerous threads on how fedor would absolutely destroy timmy...randy dominated tim for 5 rounds i see a fight between fedor and randy goin maybe to the 2nd round...if randy were to get mounted i dont see him stayin on top for very long the strength of fedor once again would surpass coutures and eventually would end up in a sweep and fedor bein on top...but the thing about fedors GnP is he can inflict damage outside your guard just like when he fought big nog and when he starts landing shots he just doesnt stop take his intensity would be to much for couture i think...but hey you never kno he could pull off a freak high kick like gonzaga and win the fight..but i highly highly highly doubt it

one more thing about gonzagas head kick like i said anyone could land a kick...lets say giant silva or bob sapp somehow got there freakishly large legs high enough to KO couture wat would yall be sayin then?..that there goin to be the next ones to beat fedor?...come on guys"

Been a long time and its still a good post. Bit of a wall of text, and you've come a long way with punctuation and refraining from using text-speak

george112
9/13/12 10:24:31PM

Posted by infestructure

Posted by george112

Been a long time and its still a good post. Bit of a wall of text, and you've come a long way with punctuation and refraining from using text-speak

Thanks man

Yeah I've always had good punctuation just never used it on the site. I do now of course. And I've let go of the ....then starting a new sentence format

Caught a lot of flack for that post. The thread went 5 pages with me defending Fedor the whole way
prozacnation1978
9/13/12 11:05:07PM
First post was also first topic thread

About Ufc 79 nemesis increase in ticket prices on the rise

I went to the event. Second live event
Can't believe ibitched about the ticket prices. Now its a 50% increase from 5 years ago in Vegas. Sometimes even more.

I don't know why I took 3 months on the site to post finally
prophecy033
9/13/12 11:08:05PM

Posted by prozacnation1978

First post was also first topic thread

About Ufc 79 nemesis increase in ticket prices on the rise

I went to the event. Second live event
Can't believe ibitched about the ticket prices. Now its a 50% increase from 5 years ago in Vegas. Sometimes even more.

I don't know why I took 3 months on the site to post finally

3 months.....shit....it took me 4 YEARS to start posting
Chael_Sonnen
9/14/12 12:23:01AM
I believe it was something along the lines of..........

"Even though Mark Coleman is a bum, he wins fights. Who’s Mark Coleman’s coach? Who is Mark Coleman’s training partner? What is the name of the gym that he trains at? And don’t tell me the Hammer House. I want to know an actual building, an actual piece of real estate with a sign on it.

Where does he train? Everybody has a coach. Tiger Woods has a coach. Michael Jordan had a coach. Mayweather has a coach. Mark Coleman does not have a coach. Everybody has a team. Everybody has a team backing them. Tiger Woods has a team. Kobe has a team. All the greats have a team of any sport. He doesn’t have a team! He’s his own coach, he’s his own team. He doesn’t even have a gym he belongs to. That’s just silly. How you could be in this for this long and be a one man show. On one hand (it) is remarkable. On one hand, maybe I’m looking at it wrong. Maybe I need to compliment him a little bit, but it’s just silly. That’s not what a dedicated guy does."

Apparently that pissed off a few peeps in the Ohio region.....huh, go figure.
cowcatcher
9/14/12 1:58:24AM
Thread title: Do you consider Joe Rogan a good commentator?

"Rogan is by far the best in all MMA, it always sucked when he wasn't there and we had to listen to Randy with Goldberg. I love couture as a fighter but he's a male librarian in his headset."

Bas is/was better, but I still like Joe no matter how partial he is to fighter A during a fight.
Adrenaline
9/14/12 4:49:27AM
Thread title: MMA Fighters as Kids/Babies

Wow, Wand looks young! And like he should be singing for The Doors :)

Rabi
9/14/12 10:59:59AM
Thread Title:

Who is going to be ufc's first high profile free agent signing of 2008?

I said:

What about Paulo Filho, he is fighting in WEC, they should bring him into the UFC.
thevoodooninja
9/14/12 9:18:30PM

Posted by Budgellism

Unfortunately my post discussed how I think Hendo outside of the cage isn't a nice person and he's totally full of himself. lol. He did some online chat thing on ufcjunkie and the way he was responding to people bothered me. I was 16 at the time though so obviously I was an idiot

this was the type of post i was looking for when i thought of doing this thread.
i was curious if people had a different view now on what their first post was about
emfleek
9/15/12 9:38:48AM

I'm new to the site, but you're more than welcome to join Team Hillgrass Bluebilly, if you're interested!
DancingDoll
9/16/12 8:58:46PM
My first post was just me introducing myself in the 'intro' forum section. The thread has 1357 views and 60 posts... LOL... yep, the 'girl-factor' was clearly in effect...
emfleek
9/17/12 9:08:58AM

Posted by DancingDoll

My first post was just me introducing myself in the 'intro' forum section. The thread has 1357 views and 60 posts... LOL... yep, the 'girl-factor' was clearly in effect...

Same thing happened to Kpro and cowcatcher but they were offering fellatio and taint massages.
jjeans
9/17/12 9:15:13AM

Posted by jjeans

First post ever on here. And i'm trying to decided between Vera and Couture, looked over some stats and figures and this is what i got.

Since 2007, Couture is 2-2 Losses against the unstoppable lesnar, loss against a still on form, Big Nog and wins over a fading Sylivia and a win over an unsettled Gonzago.

However Vera is 3-3 losing to Sylivia, Wedrum and Jardine. Jardine is always going to test anyfighter especially during a debut at LH. Sylvia, was an bad loss, but Wedrum was on form. His wins? No one incredibly notable since debuting in the UFC.

Vera appears to have the most recent wins but against no-one. Couture has 2 losses against the best 2 in the UFC.

The only reason i can see Vera winning this match is because of more recent experience in the lightheavyweight division. Coutures age will draw him down but not enough. I expect Randy to win 29-28 decision, winning the first 2 rounds losing the last due to the age.

But thats stats and my opinion. Who do u guys think will win and why?

cowcatcher
9/17/12 1:17:44PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by DancingDoll

Same thing happened to Kpro and cowcatcher but they were offering fellatio and taint massages.

Thread got 2900 views and had 174 posts...

Just sayin'.
emfleek
9/17/12 2:14:08PM
In other words - step your game up, DancingDoll.