first fight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » first fight
Salty
8/1/09 12:17:12PM
Well i haven't posted here in quite some time, but tonight is my first ammy MMA fight. I've been working hard for the last 2 years to get ready for the first one and can't wait to get out there.... Fighting at a catchweight of 215lbs, we weighed in last night and i came in right at 215, my opponent came in at 202. so i have some size on him at least. Ill post the video tonight/tomorrow once i get in on youtube.
bojangalz
8/1/09 12:24:09PM
GL bro!
Wallass
8/1/09 1:15:28PM
Kick some but buddy! Sounds like youve been very commited to this, make us proud!!! Just by getting in there and doing it is a victory in itself.
loller90278
8/1/09 2:39:50PM
i just had my first ammy fight a couple months ago.. a word of advice

KEEP YOUR COOL AND DONT LET ADRENALINE TAKE OVER!!

it happened to me, and all my technique flew out the window.

king_katool
8/1/09 3:51:19PM
goodluck man, cant wait to see the video
The_Ho_Bag
8/2/09 12:56:29AM

Posted by loller90278

i just had my first ammy fight a couple months ago.. a word of advice

KEEP YOUR COOL AND DONT LET ADRENALINE TAKE OVER!!

it happened to me, and all my technique flew out the window.

preach on broo i feel you
Salty
8/2/09 1:14:58AM
wow... what a rush, I won 1st round 2:35 by TKO i came out shy, just covering up we exchanged a few and clinched, got some knees to the body in and he got me in a guillotine... had me worried for a minute then i heard Joe Lauzon yell for me to step over his leg and BAM i was in guard held him down punched him in his big dumb head and swung my hips for an armbar... that i thought i had, he powered out and just backed off, i got up we exchanged again, i was rocking his head back with every punch hit him with a clean left hook that sent him back into the cage and just teed off on his face and the ref stopped it.... felt good to get the win for sure haha.
RNC
8/2/09 4:17:49AM

Posted by Salty

wow... what a rush, I won 1st round 2:35 by TKO i came out shy, just covering up we exchanged a few and clinched, got some knees to the body in and he got me in a guillotine... had me worried for a minute then i heard Joe Lauzon yell for me to step over his leg and BAM i was in guard held him down punched him in his big dumb head and swung my hips for an armbar... that i thought i had, he powered out and just backed off, i got up we exchanged again, i was rocking his head back with every punch hit him with a clean left hook that sent him back into the cage and just teed off on his face and the ref stopped it.... felt good to get the win for sure haha.

That's awesome bro. I can't wait until you get the video up.
Salty
8/2/09 3:50:19PM
loller90278
8/2/09 6:10:18PM

Posted by Salty

My fight

congrats man! you made the playground proud!