FIrst Ever UFC Fan Expo To Coincide With UFC 100

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » FIrst Ever UFC Fan Expo To Coincide With UFC 100
DCRage
3/16/09 10:54:44AM
The UFC will hold its first-ever two-day MMA exposition in conjunction with July's UFC 100 event, the organization today announced. "UFC Fan Expo" will be held Friday and Saturday, July 10-11, at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center in Las Vegas with meet-and-greet sessions with UFC and WEC fighters, MMA demonstrations, fan-inspired special events, training and development sessions, and other activities. UFC 100 is July 11.

Article
grappler0000
3/16/09 11:12:23AM
I remember doing their survey and giving suggestions on what should be featured at an expo. I'm curious to see what all they have there, other than the obvious.
manalito
3/16/09 1:49:43PM
Oh man this is good! I was hoping UFC would have soemthing like this where it would make it accesible to meet alot of fighters. Hopefully the UFC has alot of the old tiemrs like Royce, Severn, Shamrock alongside todays greats like Spider, Shogun, CHuck at meet and greets.!!

This weekendis going to be great! Im going and im showin up on Wednesday and Leaving Monday to make the most of it!!! ITs gonna be on! Although on a side note, i really cant beleive that the UFC is filling up this card with some not so good fights in my opinion. Granted, they will more than likely be on the undercard, but they can do better than this for UFC 100.

Jon Fitch vs Paulo Thiagojavascript:Emote('');
Jon Jones vs Jake O'Brien (LHW)javascript:Emote('');
CB Dollaway vs TBA (MW)javascript:Emote('');
Dong Hyun Kim vs Jonathan Goulet (WW)javascript:Emote('');
Matt Grice vs Shannon Gugherty (LW)javascript:Emote('');

vauluable spots taken up by these fights! That means that the card so far looks like this:

MAIN CARD
Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir
George St. Pierre vs Thiago Alves
Dan Henderson vs Micheal Bisping
Akiyama vs Belcher
Stephan Bonner vs Marc Coleman

undercard

Jon Fitch vs Paul Thiago
Jon Jones vs Jake O'Brien (LHW)
CB Dollaway vs TBA (MW)
Dong Hyun Kim vs Jonathan Goulet (WW)
Matt Grice vs Shannon Gugherty (LW)

that means it leaves space for 2 or 3 more fights. They better be good!!!

I would love to see

Cain vs Dos Santos,: rumoured since herring is injured.
Roger Huerta vs Mac Danzig or Nate Diaz
Thiago Silva vs Jon Jones instead of Jones vs Obrien
you know, something along those lines!

:
prozacnation1978
3/16/09 5:18:02PM
i'll be there for sure
it will be crazy and mobbed but i must say i do think ufc fight club members should go to front of the line