Who will be the first to beat Anderson Sliva?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who will be the first to beat Anderson Sliva?
Next Page »
Biggz
8/23/08 3:51:14PM
Just looking at future match ups for anderson silva, and feel free to argue with me but i really don't see anyone he SHOULD lose to, now there are wierd things that happen and people lose to someone that they really shouldnt (gsp loosing to matt serra) but i don't really see anyone he should loose to. he has for the most part cleaned out the MW division, i would like to see Bisping fight silva if he beats Leben. i think that would be a good fight but i see anderson silva winning. i think he beats most at heavy weight too. there has been rumor talk of a anderson silva Gsp fight at a catch weight. i for one think that would be one of the greatest fights, but i still think i have to go with silva on that one. so who is the first to beat him,(assuming he keeps jumping around in weight) Liddell, Wandy, Hendo.....those are a few that kind of make sense, but who does it??
CantAndleDaRiddum
8/23/08 3:55:17PM
if i had it my way & he would drop to MW, i'd say wandy
Jason-plata
8/23/08 3:58:32PM
If he dropped.. Wandy all the way...
Patrick Cote has a chance...
DangerousDjohn
8/23/08 4:01:36PM
Patrick Cote has no chance. Maybe Chuck if they fight in December.
balack_o-bama
8/23/08 4:11:18PM
The only man who can beat Spider Silva is.....Spider Silva.

I don't think anyone at MW would beat him. I think he'd beat Hendo again and I truly think he would dismantle Wandy. He would pick him apart.

At Light Heavy.

Forrest - May have a chance but a small one.

Thiago Silva - No.

Machida - Training partners, wont happen.

Liddell - I dont think he'd be landing any bombs on the elusive Spider. But I could be wrong. This would be a tough fight for him.

Rashad - I think Rashad would get mamed.

Bowen50
8/23/08 4:18:37PM
the person with the best chance at MW is definitly Dan Henderson. If Silva moves up to LHW every now and then his biggest threats are probably the top guys like Rampage, Wanderlei, Forrest, Chuck, and Machida (that fight wouldn't happen anyway) but we could also see Wanderlei drop to 185 so i think there is 2 decent threats right there in Hendo and Wandy. i know Hendo already fought him but i think given a second chance he'd make it a much better fight. we'll just have to wait and see.
Boo_Radley21
8/23/08 4:59:53PM
Bisping would take a beatingggg in that fight. Haha. I think the winner of the Bisping vs Leben will be put right in line for a title shot after Okami because really who else is there to give it to.
Ordep
8/23/08 5:03:12PM
I'm pretty sure Dan Henderson vs Anderson Silva will be a trilogy. Hendo wins the second but the third one will be though to call. I'll feel bad for the not top-contender guys at MW if Anderson loses and get one or two fights before another shot, poor guys who get matched against him.

But as it is right now....

A Silva beats Cote and then get Okami....

Henderson beats Palhares very convincingly and get Mardquart/Kampmann winner..... then A. Silva?

Maia gets Leites/Goran winner then Almeida(if he wins) then wait for shot? I see Maia as the Machida of MW, winning but far from title due to marketing.
sparky
8/23/08 5:05:38PM
I believe there is no one in the middle weight division that has what it takes to beat anderson.Dan has the most chance there and i believe he will lose in a rematch .Now at light heavy i believe a few different people could beat him. I think Wanderlei , Chuck , and Quinton have the ability to beat him. For the main part i dont think many people in mma have what it takes to beat anderson he is just to skilled in all aspects of the sport.
prozacnation1978
8/23/08 5:08:18PM
if he loses it would be by a upset not cote maybe okami
HENDO915
8/23/08 5:28:19PM
Cote has no chance of beating anderson silva, maybe henderson if theres a rematch, at light heavyweight i think forrest may have a chance, no one thought forrest had a chance against rampage or Rua and look at the outcome.
Purge
8/23/08 6:32:26PM
Nobody, I think he would do pretty well against guys like Rampage and Forrest, whom despite being bigger, are not nearly as technical or dedicated to training.
tepid55
8/23/08 6:38:04PM
I think Yushin Okami has the best chance.
nickcuc547
8/23/08 6:56:42PM
he will retire before he is beat, that's mw lhw and hw.
MikeyG
8/23/08 6:59:10PM
My honest opinion is that he CAN hold both MW and LH belts and never be beaten maybe if he faces someone who can submit him possibly Maia (since his standup is ever improving) Wand, Shogun, Machida and Hendo imho are the only ones who COULD beat him at this point.

One things for sure he will go down as the greatest MW of all time guarenteed.
mrkennedy
8/23/08 7:20:10PM
COTE!!!COTE!!!!!COTE!!!!!COTE!!!!!|
ocho-cinco
8/23/08 7:34:22PM
Branden Vera mabey? I know he hasn't looked sharp lately, but I think he is talented enough, and his body type matches up well. I really think once he gets used to cutting weight he will be a serious contender at 205. I'd love to see him fight Silva at some point.
haggiswashere
8/23/08 8:14:53PM
Almeida has a way better chance than cote. cote is gonna get murdered. RIP
Matimus
8/23/08 8:27:50PM
Okami all the way.
postman
8/23/08 8:56:07PM
Dan Henderson! If Wandy went down. I do not think Cote will win but everyone saying he dosn't have a chance is just wrong. If 2 guys get in the cage there is always a chance. One mistake and that is all the chance these top level fighters need to win. Anderson has show to get cocky and drop his hands and dance a little. With Cote being a big underdog in this fight anderson is going to be very confident, he decides to test Cotes strikng speed and accuracy like he did with Rich Franklin there is a good chance cote could catch him and put him away. For right now as long as Anderson dosn't beat himself the, only guy I see near or above his level is Dan Henderson.
Mchubb316
8/23/08 10:50:31PM
I don't see anyone beating Anderson at MW right now. Wandy would have a chance if he cut weight properly, and fought at that weight class. The thing that will beat Anderson eventually is age. As he gets older his chance of getting beat goes up. Until then he remains champ as long as he wants.
SpiderSilva
8/24/08 1:02:20AM

Posted by balack_o-bama

I don't think anyone at MW would beat him. I think he'd beat Hendo again and I truly think he would dismantle Wandy. He would pick him apart.

At Light Heavy.

Thiago Silva - No.

Liddell - I dont think he'd be landing any bombs on the elusive Spider. But I could be wrong. This would be a tough fight for him.

I don't know how I got brought into this but Anderson Silva would kick my a$$
MikeyG
8/24/08 1:24:04AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by balack_o-bama

At Light Heavy.

Thiago Silva - No.

I don't know how I got brought into this but Anderson Silva would kick my a$$

not sure if your being sarcastic but i think he meant anderson can only beat himself, as in mentally.
Naturaldisaster
8/24/08 1:54:25AM
I think cote has a chance of beating him. however i dont think he will. All it takes is one good shot right on the button and ANYBODY could go down. I dont think anyone in UFC right now will beat him but no body is unbeatable.
Gipper
8/24/08 2:15:02AM
cote

i hope
bullettdodger
8/24/08 2:40:35AM
God/Buddha/Moses/Muhammad/jesus ... baring them teaming up on his ass.. i don't think anything can stop the spider :D... people with chances include: HENDO, Okami, Cote...sortof, Maia....maybe, Wandy, i know theres others im forgetting, Johnson might be making a splash as he gets a bit older and more experianced, and with the UFC folding in the WEC weight classes we could see some others get in the mix.
mkiv9secsupra
8/24/08 2:54:09AM
Ryo Chonan....perfect style...decent striker, able to take anderson down, and better than anderson on the ground......if Maia spent some time with a decent kickboxing coach then he should beat Anderson
haggiswashere
8/24/08 3:15:31AM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Ryo Chonan....perfect style...decent striker, able to take anderson down, and better than anderson on the ground......if Maia spent some time with a decent kickboxing coach then he should beat Anderson

and chonan already beat him in pride. it was with a flyin scissor heel hook. it was friggin insane.
gravy13
8/24/08 4:46:51AM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

and chonan already beat him in pride. it was with a flyin scissor heel hook. it was friggin insane.

That was a long time ago.....Ryo could not even hang with Silva now, IMO.....Of course. Silva would dismantle him these days.
haggiswashere
8/24/08 6:34:36AM

Posted by gravy13

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

That was a long time ago.....Ryo could not even hang with Silva now, IMO.....Of course. Silva would dismantle him these days.

Ya thats true. And when it happened it was out of no where. Silva was dominating the fight and chonan got lucky
Pages: [1] 2 3