Being Fired from your job

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Being Fired from your job
POLL: What are some Ideas on what to do
Find another job and quit 92% (24)
Stay and hope for the best 8% (2)
SpiderSilva
7/23/08 2:16:16AM
so I have been suspended(with pay) from work sense Thursday last week (which was my first day back from vacation). Turned out that a few of my associates said I was breaking policies and back stabing my Store Mamager( I am the Ops manager #2 in charge) any way I have been out looking for a job because I thought I was gonna get fired. Well I was called in today ready to be fired(let me remind you I am one of the most knowlageable people in my postion in my district as I have worked/trained with some of the best if not the best an was planed to be promoted within 6 months) anyway turns out I didn't lose my job and they don't want me to quit or transfer out. My store manager was shooting me some mean looks and I was like WTF why don't the transfer me.

What do people think should do? I continue to look for another job. Should I wait it out and hope things get better. I think she(Store manager) will be out to get me and try to fire me herself.
I love my job but they made me feel like shit having to wait on suspention like I did something wrong when I didn't.

Oh yeah they also wrote me up 3 time for shit I didn't do. I have had 3 job offers within these days and am pondering leaving. My wife says do it
DiabloFreak56
7/23/08 2:20:44AM
if the other jobs pay the same or pay more go for it.. if not stay
Shawn91111
7/23/08 2:26:23AM
I just saw this happen at my Job..I had to be a witness to somehting where another manager was obviously gunning for an employee...he was suspened for an investigation...he looked for another job in the process..he was brought back..offered his job and said no..he knew something else would come from it and him not be so lucky next time in getting his job back....obviously i dont know everything...your home life..wife kids..things that matter etc...but id stay and continue looking...id feel it was only a matter of time...good luck man
Svartorm
7/23/08 2:37:47AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

Oh yeah they also wrote me up 3 time for shit I didn't do. I have had 3 job offers within these days and am pondering leaving. My wife says do it

Find another job dude. You've got a family and if you're like most people, can't afford to be out of work for that long without serious financial reprecussions. If your employment hinges on someone out to get you, you have no job security and should find another job as soon as you can. Just take your time with it and find something thats equal or better to what you have.

As far as employment goes, its good to keep in mind the price of gas and distance from home. I was lucky to be offered a new job when I got back from Montana thats 3 miles from my house, and thats worth several dollars an hour as far as money saved in trasportation and time.

Best of luck bro!
SpiderSilva
7/23/08 2:51:47AM
thanks guys it really seems like I was thinking the same stay till I find something else
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/23/08 9:04:37AM
yeah basically comes down to what most people said. If u find something that has the same pay rate (wich in this case would be key, cause then you tell your dumbshit manager that your leaving the company for the exact same pay, it will piss him off) you leave, if you find something with a better pay, you leave... until then, tough it out with the mean looks. be strong young grasshopper
stock
7/23/08 9:17:09AM
You should always be looking for anather job every couple of years or so regardless of your current work position.

The easiest way to a 40% raise is a new job.
Hardwork within the same company will not pay off nearly as fast as switching jobs.
pv3Hpv3p
7/23/08 10:56:51AM
changing jobs sucks, but it sounds like that place is kinda messed up...

Have you tried just talking to the manager? What does she have to say? Unfortunatley there are just some people that thrive on drama (especially in the workplace) so she might just be one of those...

All in all, I'd say bounce... But before you do, let them know exactly why... Just to make sure that her bosses know that she (your boss) is the reason the company's losing one of it's top employees
emfleek
7/23/08 11:15:52AM
1.) Stick around.

but...

2.) Keep looking

and...

3.) Make SURE to go by the books on EVERYTHING. Follow company policies and procedures to a T. No exceptions. It makes it harder to fire someone when they're the perfect employee.

4.) If and when you DO get a new job, make sure you give your current employer some sort of notice. Give at least a 1-week notice...preferrably a 2-week notice. DO NOT BURN ANY BRIDGES WITH THIS EMPLOYER.*

* Meaning, do not walk out. Do not tell anyone off. Do not be rude. Be professional. You never know what position you'll be in sometime down the road. You may need them. Burn the bridge and you're screwed when you may end up needing them most.
lance70301
7/23/08 2:42:53PM
I say look at the big picture here. You say you had three job offers. I would look closely at the offers...if they are better offers , in the long term, take it. This women sounds like she will make it hard on you as long as you stay around. I would not say a word to anyone about you job hunting, and when you get the right offer, tell your boss you are going your " 2 day notice....today is your last day". I hope this helps bro.
emfleek
7/23/08 2:48:36PM

Posted by lance70301
tell your boss you are going your " 2 day notice....today is your last day". I hope this helps bro.

Do NOT do this.
iwannabesedated
7/23/08 2:59:41PM
I'd take a new job if i were you.

However if you take unemployment...I'd take a few months off smoke a bunch of weed,play video games eat hot cheetos and wash my car in my underwear 3 times a week.
emfleek
7/23/08 3:14:52PM

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

However if you take unemployment...I'd take a few months off smoke a bunch of weed,play video games eat hot cheetos and wash my car in my underwear 3 times a week.

Wait...isn't that what YOU do NOW?

loonytnt
7/23/08 3:30:46PM
this is what i would do but im not to smart at times.

i would go in and ask for a $5 more a hour because you got a job that will pay you 7more but you really like it here, and those looks he was giving you may have led you to problems with feelings which you can get 1.5mil (tell him thats what you the law say anyway) and if he dont tell him loonytnt is seein his wife. no one better mess with my brothers on mmaplayground WOOT
iwannabesedated
7/23/08 3:43:22PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by 40ouncetofreedom

Wait...isn't that what YOU do NOW?

Me no never...i can only wash 2 days because i work 5...
urbman
7/23/08 10:47:47PM
Sounds like an awkward situation to be in,I think it would be in your best interest to take the advice given to you by emfleek.And make the best decision for both you and your family financially and location wise.Also before you put in your 2 weeks notice make sure you've used all your vacation time too.Good Luck to You and Your Family.