Finished! (Kinda): Lyoto Machida Painting

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Finished! (Kinda): Lyoto Machida Painting
Next Page »
gsquat
7/21/08 11:59:19AM
So I've finally finished everything but the text. You can see here what the final work looks like. I've already got quite a few copies reserved and I'm not sure how many prints I'm going to do, but if you're interested in one PM me and I'll put you on the list. It'll be $30 even which can be sent via paypal or check/money order by mail. The only thing thats going to be added is Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida in black lettering below his kicking leg. It'll look very nice. I'll take the money and send them out when it's completely done. So, if you want one, let me know. Thanks for the support along the way guys!
DonnieDarko
7/21/08 12:18:23PM
looks pretty awesome so far i might have to get one keep up the good work
bigbubbano23
7/21/08 12:42:34PM
does look good but why paint machida
Rush
7/21/08 12:46:18PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

Because it is a painting.
gsquat
7/21/08 12:53:29PM

Posted by Rush

Posted by bigbubbano23

I had to paint someone. No matter who I picked someone would say,"Well why didn't you paint... instead?"
emfleek
7/21/08 1:09:11PM
Great work so far, man! I'm excited to see what the finished product looks like.

And if you ever decide to do a Fitch painting, count me in on buying one!
Rush
7/21/08 1:19:08PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by Rush

Posted by bigbubbano23

I had to paint someone. No matter who I picked someone would say,"Well why didn't you paint... instead?"

lol
I read it as why paint Machida, rather than why paint Machida

gsquat
7/21/08 1:32:31PM

Posted by emfleek

Great work so far, man! I'm excited to see what the finished product looks like.

Thanks. A camp member suggested Shogun, and that sounded pretty good, but I'm up for anything right now. I don't just want to go straight to the most popular fighter (Chuck Liddell) I want to do hardcore fan favorites (like Shogun and Jon Fitch). But I'll probably make a poll and see what would be best. When I put the final image up it'll be a scanned image so you can see detail.

Rush: Ha! I thought you were being a smartass. Still funny.
emfleek
7/21/08 1:37:18PM
A Miguel Torres painting would be sweet, too.

Or a Kalib Starnes painting even. You could probably get Nike to sponsor it.
Rush
7/21/08 1:37:35PM

Posted by gsquat

I was, but with reason.

The painting looks good so far. The kicking MAchida looks a little unbalanced, but that might be just because it is a silhouette right now.
king_katool
7/21/08 1:37:40PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by emfleek

Thanks. A camp member suggested Shogun, and that sounded pretty good, but I'm up for anything right now. I don't just want to go straight to the most popular fighter (Chuck Liddell) I want to do hardcore fan favorites (like Shogun and Jon Fitch). But I'll probably make a poll and see what would be best. When I put the final image up it'll be a scanned image so you can see detail.

hey gsquat i know we're pretty much alone in us liking rashad but if yu ever decide to paint him ill get one for sure, i dont really like machida but shogun doesnt sound too bad
gsquat
7/21/08 3:13:13PM

Posted by king_katool

hey gsquat i know we're pretty much alone in us liking rashad but if yu ever decide to paint him ill get one for sure, i dont really like machida but shogun doesnt sound too bad

Hey. You bet your ass I'll do one of Rashad. There may not be high demand now, but after he beats Chuck you'll get plenty of nut-jumpers wanting one.
joshryanshepherd
7/21/08 3:16:53PM
those are pretty nice
CantAndleDaRiddum
7/21/08 3:23:21PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by king_katool

Hey. You bet your ass I'll do one of Rashad. There may not be high demand now, but after he beats Chuck you'll get plenty of nut-jumpers wanting one.

anyways im def down for shogun or bj or AA
scoozna
7/21/08 3:43:52PM
I like seeing the evolution of the painting. Keep it up!
Red-Dragon
7/21/08 6:24:23PM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

Posted by gsquat

Posted by king_katool

anyways im def down for shogun or bj or AA

Yeah Im always down for a BJ
iwannabesedated
7/21/08 11:04:19PM
I don't know but if you could paint me some "happy trees" that would be cool.

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
gsquat
7/22/08 9:56:31AM
Or how about a little rock friend for the the happy tree.
gsquat
7/24/08 10:22:42AM
Updated!
Mayhem13
7/24/08 10:38:09PM
looks good man, you got talent for sure.

if you ever make a Sakara one let me know!
warglory
7/25/08 2:14:23PM
Holy shit man, count me in for a print purchase! PM me to let me know when you think it'll be done so we can work out the details.
Manfred
7/25/08 2:36:59PM
How appropriate, watching his fights and watching your painting dry.

J/K BTW, about both.
gsquat
7/25/08 3:05:24PM

Posted by Manfred

How appropriate, watching his fights and watching your painting dry.

J/K BTW, about both.

I know, I know. You're not kidding either. Oil paint... I just wanted to pick a guy who is in the spotlight right now, has a bright future, but isn't the most popular either. I hate doing that. I'll eventually do the big names, just not right away. I posted another pic with most of the darker tones in the body finished and the beginning of the light tones.
Rush
7/25/08 3:50:39PM
Do you have any other work that you've done?
gsquat
7/28/08 1:59:17PM
Updated!
Jackelope
7/28/08 7:34:58PM
Looking good. Can't wait to see the finished product!
NeaRMisS
7/28/08 8:31:37PM
Beyond impressed. Very nice, good luck with everything. Keep on updating us!
gsquat
7/29/08 10:14:13AM

Posted by Rush

Do you have any other work that you've done?

Yeah, but nothing MMA. Just random stuff. Mostly people/figures. I hate doing landscapes.
gsquat
7/31/08 10:01:48AM
Updated!... Want to know who the next one will be of? See my avatar.
gsquat
7/31/08 11:35:01AM
Forgot to mention, the orginal painting will be framed and put up for auction on eBay (only after all of the prints have sold (50)). I'll keep everyone posted on when that will be.
Pages: [1] 2