Finally...Vindication For Machida Fans

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Finally...Vindication For Machida Fans
« Previous Page
MMACombat
2/3/09 11:32:37AM
Lyoto Machida is technically brilliant for me. He has a game plan that no fighter so far has been able to deal with, and so may it continue. People may find him boring, but I find those people ignorant to the various disciplines in Mixed Martial Arts.

Seeing as Rampage will get Rashad if he beats Jardine, I'd find it disrespectful to Machida if his next fight wasn't against either Rashad for the title, or the winner of Chuck Liddel vs. Mauricio Rua for his next fight. Although, who would be the aggressor in a fight between Machida and Liddell?
keith-hackney1
2/3/09 4:02:58PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

3. Lyoto Machida would not fair well against an aggressive striker like Thiago Silva or Wanderlei Silva and would get exposed or knocked out.

War Machida

Try sam greco - a k1 vet. Machida didnt get ko'd by him. He would definately give most mma strikers a run for their money on the feet. Vanderlei has showed holes in his striking game since his move to the UFC. That wild ape style of punches he possesses wont fool machida's style.
As for thiago alves, he a pressure fighter, pushing the pace, weight for weight would be a perfect fight for machida, Lyoto loves to catch guys pressing the action, thats half of his style.
What are you gonna say next that Chuck liddell could knock him out ??? ... Could, but unlikely.
Machida's style is the best, he will not lose by a striker, if he is to lose in the UFC, will be from a powerful wrestler or something, not a striker. His striking game is too clean and crisp. Dont see him getting beat for some time tho.
gsquat
2/3/09 4:15:45PM

Posted by keith-hackney1

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

3. Lyoto Machida would not fair well against an aggressive striker like Thiago Silva or Wanderlei Silva and would get exposed or knocked out.

War Machida

Try sam greco - a k1 vet. Machida didnt get ko'd by him. He would definately give most mma strikers a run for their money on the feet. Vanderlei has showed holes in his striking game since his move to the UFC. That wild ape style of punches he possesses wont fool machida's style.
As for thiago alves, he a pressure fighter, pushing the pace, weight for weight would be a perfect fight for machida, Lyoto loves to catch guys pressing the action, thats half of his style.
What are you gonna say next that Chuck liddell could knock him out ??? ... Could, but unlikely.
Machida's style is the best, he will not lose by a striker, if he is to lose in the UFC, will be from a powerful wrestler or something, not a striker. His striking game is too clean and crisp. Dont see him getting beat for some time tho.

You got it. Which is why in the past I would've picked Rashad to beat Lyoto in a heartbeat. But now that he thinks he's Roy Jones Jr. I'm not so sure. He needs to recognize which fights his power punch striking is good for, and which ones his wrestling is good for. If he was soley focused on wrestling against Machida it'd be easy to pick him. Right now its not.
JimiMak
2/3/09 7:34:34PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by gsquat

Posted by JimiMak

I'm not gonna jump on the bandwagon and say "you're a troll" or "ban" but I do think you don't know what you're talking about, jmho.

Machida is so good at what he does AND he's well rounded. I usually find that TMA guys seem to think that because they spend all of their time perfecting one thing. They see these guys who are so well rounded but haven't usually perfected any of it. They usually tend to think they're far superior but none of those guys have ever done well in mma.

Not saying this is exactly you, but that's what your post reminded me of..

Hope you do find that this is a reasonable board. I think you just started off on the wrong foot/in the wrong forum.

I hope you do keep coming back and are able to be one of the good posters who has intelligent things to say.

My op is that Machida is the present and future of the LHW div.

If this is directed towards me then it doesn't make any sense. I agree with everything about Machida and calling me a troll makes even less sense.

Pretty sure he was addressing Deadmanshand, bro

Seemed inappropriate. It was immediately after mine with no quote, thus the confusion.

Wasnt' trying to go against you, you just happend to post before me. I wsa addressing the guy ppl were calling a troll for having an opioin that isn't popular here. (deadmanshand or something)
enrique1
2/4/09 6:49:22AM
I'm glad that finally Machida getting some respect that he deserves. As far him having to wait for the out come of the Jackson & Jardine fight . I'd have too say that a rip off on the part of Dana White. As he said that if he beat Silva, he would get that title shot. And this is just my view of what would happen if he were too fight Jackson. I see jackson as being stronger than Machida but when it comes down too it. I know Machida is going to void is wrestling ability with kicks and trips. Plus Machida uses too great of body positioning too where if jackson were to get him up against the cage he would take jackson down himself or reverse it. Too me a wrestle as a bigger disadvantage against Machida than a stiker does. Jackson has imporved his boxing skills alot. But everyone i think is forgetting that Boxing is way different than Karate. Which I think machida would have the adavantage on striking....... Just how the two styles of goes against each other. Boxing is more sqaure up while if notice how Machida stands in a Tradional Karate Satnce makes a world of differnce when going to set up for punches & countering take downs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]