So I finally sat down and watched a few episodes of Sponge Bob...

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » So I finally sat down and watched a few episodes of Sponge Bob...
KungFuMaster
10/24/11 12:37:03AM
I spent a good amount of the day just sitting around watching TV with my little one. She woke up sick this morning and has been vomiting and having fevers throughout the day. Being the good dad I am, I took care of her while the wife and my oldest do their things like shopping, laundry, and cooking.

So my little one and I watched one of her favorite channels, Nicklelodian. We watched the popular show, Sponge Bog. This show is simply amazing. Fires can be started under the sea. The krusty Crab is a restaurant which serves burgers made of crab patties and is run by a Crab. Let me say that again - The owner is a crab who makes a living serving crabs to costumers. Don't get me started on Patrick..
FastKnockout
10/24/11 12:41:17AM
I've watched it a few times with my nieces, and I think it's safe to say I HATE the show. Can't say I like anything about it.
Budgellism
10/24/11 12:45:34AM
The first season of Sponge Bob Square Pants came out when I was 8-10 years old. I thought it was pretty awesome back then
KungFuMaster
10/24/11 12:55:58AM
I have never watched it until now and I don't know what it is about the show that appeals to the kids nowadays.

This is what I get from the show.

Your best friend is one of the meanest person in the world.
Your co-worker hates you.
Your boss is greedy.

This show is based on true accounts of human behavior. No wonder it is so popular.
Twenty20Dollars
10/24/11 12:56:01AM
Woah wait.

Do we know that they are made of crab? I thought they were Krabby patties with a K. Maybe that's just the name of the burger, Krabby patty.
KungFuMaster
10/24/11 1:04:20AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Woah wait.

Do we know that they are made of crab? I thought they were Krabby patties with a K. Maybe that's just the name of the burger, Krabby patty.

No, I am pretty sure they are made of crab. I saw Sponge Bob flipped the patties many times and to prove it, there are no crabs in the show except for the owner. Guess where all the other crabs went?
Chael_Sonnen
10/24/11 1:05:27AM
I rank Sponge Bob right up there with Barney
Twenty20Dollars
10/24/11 1:14:08AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Woah wait.

No, I am pretty sure they are made of crab. I saw Sponge Bob flipped the patties many times and to prove it, there are no crabs in the show except for the owner. Guess where all the other crabs went?

You're probably right now that I think about it. How would they get cows down there, unless they've got a special supplier that drops it in for them.
hashyandy4
10/24/11 1:27:10AM
Spongebob is one of my top 10 favorite cartoons for sure
prophecy033
10/24/11 2:05:19AM
I'll admit it, there's something about it that draws me in. I never watch it unless I'm around my nieces and nephews but I always catch myself sitting down to watch
ghandikush
10/24/11 2:09:26AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I spent a good amount of the day just sitting around watching TV with my little one. She woke up sick this morning and has been vomiting and having fevers throughout the day. Being the good dad I am, I took care of her while the wife and my oldest do their things like shopping, laundry, and cooking.

So my little one and I watched one of her favorite channels, Nicklelodian. We watched the popular show, Sponge Bog. This show is simply amazing. Fires can be started under the sea. The krusty Crab is a restaurant which serves burgers made of crab patties and is run by a Crab. Let me say that again - The owner is a crab who makes a living serving crabs to costumers. Don't get me started on Patrick..

Stoner crossover humor.
Budgellism
10/24/11 7:07:48AM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Woah wait.

You're on to a major conspiracy here. Can you handle it?
cowcatcher
10/24/11 9:58:16AM
Krabby patties are made of plankton. It was a pretty horrific reveal since there is a major character that is a plankton on the show. Soylent green...

I've seen a lot of spngebob over the years as I have double digit nieces and nephews and my son was young enough to watch it when it first came out. It's hilarious and could easily be discussed in the "I'm stoned" thread.
Rabi
10/24/11 1:05:15PM
This is one of the programmes my daughter watches, a lot of stuff she watches I can't stand, but there is a few programmes I will find myself watching out of the corner of my eye and Spongebob is one of the one I like!
scoozna
10/24/11 2:21:25PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Krabby patties are made of plankton. It was a pretty horrific reveal since there is a major character that is a plankton on the show. Soylent green...

I've seen a lot of spngebob over the years as I have double digit nieces and nephews and my son was young enough to watch it when it first came out. It's hilarious and could easily be discussed in the "I'm stoned" thread.

this...

You have to get to know the characters, their pros, their cons. It is hilarious. One thing the show does well is exaggeration. Mr. Krabs doesn't just like money he loves it, he can smell a lost penny from miles away. Patrick is just a dumb guy, he celebrates his stupidity...all day, everyday. Spongebob is supposed to be annoyingly sweet and innocent. He and Patrick pursue a friendship with Squidward no matter how badly they are treated by him....and on and on...

They just hammer those themes over and over...it's past its prime, but it was a great show.
KungFuMaster
10/24/11 4:26:41PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I did not know that about the krabby patties which makes the show even more interesting. Plankton is always trying to steal the secret formula for the krabby patty recipe.

Well, whoever created the show is probably living in a mansion. I have not met any kid who did not like Sponge Bob.
Rabi
10/24/11 4:41:26PM
I took my daughter on a cruise earlier on in the year and they had a Nickoledeon theme on the cruise, we got to have breakfast with Sponge Bob and Patrick! My daughter loved it!
BeeR
10/24/11 4:45:50PM
spongebob is wicked, lots of hidden adult humor.