Finally a new thread. : D

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Finally a new thread. : D
Next Page »
KungFuMaster
10/24/12 3:31:10PM
What preparations will you be making for the coming winter months? I will be cutting the grass one more time and give the bushes a good trim - and hopefully I won't have to worry about them until spring. Also, I just broke out the winter clothes and lit up the furnace/pilot.
KungFuMaster
10/24/12 3:37:21PM
I should start spending less now so I have more to spend in the next two months. I should also start thinking about what to give to my wife and kids. The kids are easy. I can always please them with dolls and toys but the wife - oh man.

Start thinking about what to give your significant other now. In fact, I could sure use some suggestions.
DancingDoll
10/24/12 4:18:24PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Start thinking about what to give your significant other now. In fact, I could sure use some suggestions.

Toys, spa gift certificate, new handbag is probably the way to go... luxury stuff that she probably wouldn't buy for herself. Spoil her!

tcunningham
10/24/12 4:18:38PM
getting winter clothes out. switch motor oil for winter blend and start winter diesel additives. just got the propane tank filled for the stove. also some mental preparations to get myself ready for the next 8-9 months of shitty weather (i live in WA, lots of rain and some snow)
jjeans
10/24/12 4:19:13PM

Posted by DancingDoll

Posted by KungFuMaster

Something DD says which warrants a Generic reply

Can you come visit me now please?
BuffaloDave
10/24/12 5:06:06PM
For the winter I plan on just saving, saving, saving, for the UFC event in April between Jones and Sonnen, with it being my first event, I want really good seats, so gonna start saving now.

KFM, if you want a gift for your wife, get her a gift certificate for the Jelly of the Month Club, cousin Eddie says, "It's the gift that keeps giving the whole year".
jakewalters
10/24/12 5:26:05PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

A mouthguard for when she gets lippy and warrants a 1-2 combo to the noggin
Theoutlaw08
10/24/12 6:43:28PM
Too much shit to do. Grass, bushed, clean and take the oil out of the lawn mower. Prepare for Christmas. Wife, newphew, and niece to get gifts for. My brothers, and in laws and my parents don't really exchange gifts anymore, we more just focus on the kids and what not. I usually always get my nephew some cool Packers or Brewers gear. The niece will get a cute outfit, and each will get new toys. The wife I am thinking of just taking out on a shopping spree. She would enjoy some new clothes and shit...
Shawn91111
10/24/12 6:47:11PM
Havent made my wife cut the grass in months. Hasnt really needed it.
KungFuMaster
10/24/12 7:48:37PM
@BafalloDave - lol the gift that keeps draining my pocket.

@Outlaw - thanks, I need to change the oil on the lawnmower too.

@Jakewalters - I have a punching bag with her face on it. No seriously, I have never hit a woman in my life except for that one incident in grade school in which I kicked a girl. We got into an argument over a four square game and I pretended I was willing to fight her. She taunt me and I half ass kicked her leg. She dared me to do it again and I ran away like a little girl. I actually had a crush on her believe it or not.

@ DD - my wife is not materialistic. If she was, she would have never found me attractive.
Shawn91111
10/24/12 7:53:26PM

Posted by DancingDoll

Posted by KungFuMaster

Toys, spa gift certificate, new handbag is probably the way to go... luxury stuff that she probably wouldn't buy for herself. Spoil her!

God no. If the world needs one less thing its another damn purse or bag
Bubbles
10/24/12 8:07:13PM
start a pond hockey league. There won't be any NHL to watch so we need to kill Saturday nights somehow
infestructure
10/24/12 8:11:32PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Havent made my wife cut the grass in months. Hasnt really needed it.

It's all right Shawn, I'm sure someone is cutting it for her

sorry that was too good to pass up
Chael_Sonnen
10/24/12 8:48:08PM
Teach some kids some ass-kicking fundamentals on some reality show....and then in the Spring, beat some kid down in April.

And that's about it....nothing too much on my plate.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
thevoodooninja
10/24/12 8:55:34PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by DancingDoll

Posted by KungFuMaster

God no. If the world needs one less thing its another damn purse or bag

i thought you was going to say:

god no. if the world need one less thing its another spoiled woman
DancingDoll
10/24/12 9:15:15PM
Jeez, you guys sound like the types that would buy tupperware or a new toaster for a woman because "it's useful"...

I've always felt like if you're getting someone a gift, get them something they'd probably love, but wouldn't think of getting themselves. Something fun, and meant just for them - not as a utilitarian item or something to add to the household.

I've always spoiled guys I've dated on major holidays or birthdays - and not just with cool gifts.

But for the record - handbags are fabulous. And so are shoes.
10/24/12 9:17:14PM
yeah.. it's summer preparation here..

*removes pants*
KungFuMaster
10/24/12 10:20:29PM

Posted by DancingDoll

Jeez, you guys sound like the types that would buy tupperware or a new toaster for a woman because "it's useful"...

I've always felt like if you're getting someone a gift, get them something they'd probably love, but wouldn't think of getting themselves. Something fun, and meant just for them - not as a utilitarian item or something to add to the household.

I've always spoiled guys I've dated on major holidays or birthdays - and not just with cool gifts.

I know this may sound strange and foreign to you but those who sound like that are probably married. Can we say it together? Mair - reed.
scoozna
10/24/12 10:23:43PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

I know this may sound strange and foreign to you but those who sound like that are probably married. Can we say it together? Mair - reed.

...and house-poor, and/or kid-poor.
Bubbles
10/24/12 11:10:47PM

Posted by DancingDoll

a new frying pan is more valid, cost-effective, and shows her that I appreciate her job in the kitchen A handbag at Value Village has the same function as those that cost 2 paychecks, so why pay so much?
Gogoplatapus
10/24/12 11:44:28PM

Posted by 187

yeah.. it's summer preparation here..

*removes pants*

winter here

*removes pants
DancingDoll
10/24/12 11:48:35PM

Posted by KungFuMaster

Posted by DancingDoll

This is probably why it's hard to imagine seeing myself walk down that plank.

I do have some friends who've gotten mah-reed before and they still do the special stuff for each other on anniversaries, bdays and xmas.

I know the whole thing is supposed to trainwreck after a few years, but I still think your wife will really appreciate something you put a little thought into.

Like it doesn't have to be some materialistic shelling out the big bucks to make a statement at all. Maybe try something like getting a sitter for the kids, buying some Aveda massage oil (you provide the massage), buying her favourite bottle of wine (or favourite drink), and some cozy time under the tree. That would be a fun xmas gift... and way better than a snow shovel or a frying pan. Trust me.

DancingDoll
10/24/12 11:53:15PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by DancingDoll

a new frying pan is more valid, cost-effective, and shows her that I appreciate her job in the kitchen A handbag at Value Village has the same function as those that cost 2 paychecks, so why pay so much?

lol @ Value Village.

You need to check out Holt Renfrew Last Call in Vaughn Mills for the deep discounted good stuff. It'll look like you spent a lot when you really didn't.

I don't think guys understand the allure of handbags, and I can see why a lot of you think it's a total waste of money. Even though it isn't.
KungFuMaster
10/25/12 12:16:37AM

Posted by DancingDoll

This is probably why it's hard to imagine seeing myself walk down that plank.

I do have some friends who've gotten mah-reed before and they still do the special stuff for each other on anniversaries, bdays and xmas.

I know the whole thing is supposed to trainwreck after a few years, but I still think your wife will really appreciate something you put a little thought into.

Like it doesn't have to be some materialistic shelling out the big bucks to make a statement at all. Maybe try something like getting a sitter for the kids, buying some Aveda massage oil (you provide the massage), buying her favourite bottle of wine (or favourite drink), and some cozy time under the tree. That would be a fun xmas gift... and way better than a snow shovel or a frying pan. Trust me.

I appreciate the suggestion. I really do. But anyway, I love how you refer to the aisle as the plank. Not all planks lead to drowning.
Shawn91111
10/25/12 10:29:43AM

Posted by DancingDoll

No they are not. Im really glad my wife is not into those things and has no obsession with them at all. I get her things she enjoys and am really good at picking out gifts and things. But fuck shoes and bags,
cowcatcher
10/25/12 10:47:20AM
I recently read that women would like to get gift cards but men are afraid to give them. I can't believe that, I mean, women are the ones that really take that "gift from the heart" shit seriously, and a gift card doesn't seem too personal or from the heart to me. I hate shopping for women, and in the past I've just taken them to the store to pick something out for themselves. It's not like I know what kind of shoes or handbags to buy them. Pretty sure chicks don't think moonboots are as cool as I think they are.
airkerma
10/25/12 12:11:01PM
I'm still waiting on my birthday present: radar detector. I will hold off Christmas plans until my demands are met. However, I may make the proposal that she can buy me two of those shock punch stun guns I post in every thread and all will be forgotten. Other than that, nothing new here.
Theoutlaw08
10/25/12 1:09:34PM

Posted by DancingDoll

Easy easy easy.....dont classify me with those types of people. My wife gets spoiled. I buy her good gifts every year, I have never gotten her a lame gift. In fact this will be the first year she gets a lame gift (in my eyes its a lame gift). She wants a new stethoscope for work. So i will probably get her that and some other stuff.
DancingDoll
10/25/12 2:34:02PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by DancingDoll

Easy easy easy.....dont classify me with those types of people. My wife gets spoiled. I buy her good gifts every year, I have never gotten her a lame gift. In fact this will be the first year she gets a lame gift (in my eyes its a lame gift). She wants a new stethoscope for work. So i will probably get her that and some other stuff.

Very nice!
DancingDoll
10/25/12 2:37:39PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I recently read that women would like to get gift cards but men are afraid to give them. I can't believe that, I mean, women are the ones that really take that "gift from the heart" shit seriously, and a gift card doesn't seem too personal or from the heart to me. I hate shopping for women, and in the past I've just taken them to the store to pick something out for themselves. It's not like I know what kind of shoes or handbags to buy them. Pretty sure chicks don't think moonboots are as cool as I think they are.

This is a great idea. I've done the same thing once or twice when shopping for a guy - taking him there with me, more than the gift card thing. But I don't think gift cards are a bad idea at all.
Pages: [1] 2