UFC on FX 6 finalized with 'TUF: Smashes' finals, other bouts (spoiler warning)

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC on FX 6 finalized with 'TUF: Smashes' finals, other bouts (spoiler warning)
FastKnockout
12/5/12 3:00:13PM
With the tournament finals and now two other bouts with cast members from the "The Ultimate Fighter: Australia vs. U.K.," the lineup is set for next week's UFC on FX 6 event.

Link
pmoney
12/5/12 6:21:07PM
UFC on FX 6 is looking SICK! Having two TUF Finales in two days is going to kick ass.

On a semi-related note, Rabi and I just did an interview moments ago with one of the guys whose fight was announced today. It was/is his 23rd Birthday to boot!
shaneTpain
12/5/12 7:40:13PM
so hard not to click the link... must. wait. for. full. episode... cant. wait. til. tomorrow. ... must. not. ruin. surprise. .............. AWWWWWWW CLICKED IT
Shawn91111
12/5/12 8:04:51PM

Posted by pmoney

UFC on FX 6 is looking SICK! Having two TUF Finales in two days is going to kick ass.

On a semi-related note, Rabi and I just did an interview moments ago with one of the guys whose fight was announced today. It was/is his 23rd Birthday to boot!

From a fan stand point yes, but researching and putting out the info to your fight camp, getting them to make picks and wagers for both events...its going to suck
george112
12/5/12 8:20:46PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by pmoney

From a fan stand point yes, but researching and putting out the info to your fight camp, getting them to make picks and wagers for both events...its going to suck

THIS
Bubbles
12/6/12 12:28:31AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by pmoney

it's a combo card, and you have me to break down the fights
DrivenDavies15
12/6/12 2:04:24AM
I am a little surprised at the amount of fighters from the show competing at this event. I figured everyone would be fighting but only a few guys are. I wonder if that's an injury thing or if they just didn't get signed.
shaneTpain
12/6/12 10:16:56AM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

I am a little surprised at the amount of fighters from the show competing at this event. I figured everyone would be fighting but only a few guys are. I wonder if that's an injury thing or if they just didn't get signed.

as disappointing as it is I think this will become the norm. With strikeforce on it's way over & new divisions being created only a select few TUF alum will end up making it to the finale.
Bubbles
12/6/12 2:05:18PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

the TUF 16 cast sucks. Only the ones in the finale actually deserve to be there. I'm more surprised in the lack of fighters from TUF Smashes. That was a good season with some good talent.
aussiemma
12/7/12 6:45:54AM
richie vas can definitely make a decent dent in the bw division, he is a little pit bull. Very well rounded too.
Bubbles
12/7/12 11:32:50AM

Posted by aussiemma

richie vas can definitely make a decent dent in the bw division, he is a little pit bull. Very well rounded too.

he was tagging Freakshow (who has like 6 inches of height and reach on him) and took him down with ease in the 2nd round. Not sure what happened at the end of that fight but Richie probably would be in the final if that freak stoppage didnt happen. I'd love to see him given a chance in the BW division...he was fighting guys 2 weight classes above him
Gogoplatapus
12/7/12 12:57:13PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by DrivenDavies15

the TUF 16 cast sucks. Only the ones in the finale actually deserve to be there. I'm more surprised in the lack of fighters from TUF Smashes. That was a good season with some good talent.

Too many injuries.
DrivenDavies15
12/7/12 2:03:46PM

Posted by Bubbles

Posted by DrivenDavies15

I completely agree that's why I figured guys like Patrick Iodice, Bola, Richie would be on the card.
prozacnation1978
12/7/12 6:14:08PM
Surprised the tug smashes is only ten fight card