SF Final Ratings Out: 4+ MIllion Viewers, Nearly 5.5 Million For Main Event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » SF Final Ratings Out: 4+ MIllion Viewers, Nearly 5.5 Million For Main Event
DCRage
11/10/09 4:24:49PM
The final ratings for Saturday's Strikeforce event on CBS, which include post-11 PM ET numbers, are now out. The broadcast did a 2.5 rating and 4.04 million viewers when the main event was factored in. The broadcast peaked after primetime for the Fedor-Brett Rogers main event with an estimated 5.46 million viewers. It's now the highest-rated SF broadcast ever.

Article
ncordless
11/10/09 4:42:36PM
Awesome. It was a good card with quality fighters. I am glad so many people saw it and hope this means we get to see more mma on CBS.
george112
11/10/09 4:59:06PM

Posted by ncordless

Awesome. It was a good card with quality fighters. I am glad so many people saw it and hope this means we get to see more mma on CBS.

i agree

that was a big show for them.

although the only complaint i would have is all those damn commercials i had to sit through before the main event.hell they coulda fit they davis fight in there.

but other than that i was totally satisfied with the show
Wallass
11/10/09 6:08:17PM
Im interested to see how UFC does this weekend with their free show in comparison to this.
cecilpeoplesPOV
11/10/09 6:16:20PM
i don't think ufc 105 will get anywhere close to 5.5 million viewers, cbs is in much more homes than spike tv.
RMFG_187
11/10/09 6:32:54PM
i called it earlier + 5 million.
TimW001
11/10/09 6:42:10PM
Awesome! This is a success!
MaxOne
11/10/09 7:47:55PM
excellent news!
I hope they continue to grow.
xdanish020
11/10/09 7:48:19PM

Posted by cecilpeoplesPOV

i don't think ufc 105 will get anywhere close to 5.5 million viewers, cbs is in much more homes than spike tv.

Well...UFC 105 isn't the best of cards in recent memory, so I'd say you are correct..
Aether
11/10/09 7:49:01PM
nice. I'm kind of disappointed that the Shields fight was on this card because I really believe that's the kind of fight that puts casual fans off. All of the people I talked to who are just casual MMA fans were talking about how boring it was. Thankfully most of them had more or less forgotten about it once they got to see Fedor fight.
bjj1605
11/10/09 8:35:26PM
I know thats good but I'm not sure how good. What are some comparative ratings? Like what is a highly watched UFC card? Highly watched UFC card on spike? NFL game? Ect.

It would really help if some one could put the ratings in perspective for me. Thanks in advance.
grappler0000
11/10/09 9:31:54PM

Posted by bjj1605

I know thats good but I'm not sure how good. What are some comparative ratings? Like what is a highly watched UFC card? Highly watched UFC card on spike? NFL game? Ect.

It would really help if some one could put the ratings in perspective for me. Thanks in advance.

Can't really compare it to UFC, since they don't have a comparable medium. The overall viewership was not that impressive...where they excelled was the young male demographic as MMA usually brings in.
kopower
11/10/09 10:31:36PM

Posted by Aether

nice. I'm kind of disappointed that the Shields fight was on this card because I really believe that's the kind of fight that puts casual fans off. All of the people I talked to who are just casual MMA fans were talking about how boring it was. Thankfully most of them had more or less forgotten about it once they got to see Fedor fight.

I was at the event and there were boo's during most of the fight as well as during the Werdum/Silva fight. Still a ways to go before the ground game is appreciated by casual fans. Thankfully Mousasi gave everybody watching a good example of how effective ground and pound can be.
DCRage
11/11/09 7:59:37AM
As far as 105 goes this weekend, I'd say a safe estimate for Spike will be in the 1.5-2 million range. It's on a Saturday night and will be up against college football, among other things.