What will the final Heavyweight Unification Bout be?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » What will the final Heavyweight Unification Bout be?
« Previous Page
POLL: The final unification match will be:
Randy vs. Nog 30% (26)
Randy vs. Mir 5% (4)
Lesnar vs. Nog 59% (51)
Lesnar vs. Mir 7% (6)
Aether
9/11/08 4:45:47PM
I'm sick of people saying Lesnar should fight Kongo and then so and so and then someone else.

Can any of the people saying this provide a reason other than their irrational belief that a fighter should have x number (a number which they can't specify or give a reason for again) of fights before being given title shots no matter how good they've proven themselves to be? It makes no sense. I'm sure all of the people saying he should fight kongo, when it came time to discuss the match, would say "kongo has almost no chance." So what's the point of that match?

Give it up with the arguments about how many fights he's had. He's fighting for the title, and he has proven that he's good enough to be in there. Looking at this poll he appears to be the favourite so you can't possibly justify saying he doesn't deserve a title shot.

"well, I think he's going to win, but he doesn't deserve this title shot!"
cowcatcher
9/11/08 4:54:29PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Best case scenario

Nog UDs Mir
Lesnar UDs Randy

Nog Subs Lesnar

CC Beats Overeem, then UFC resigns him
CC destroys Randy then gets to fight Nog for Undisputed UFC HW title!!!!

CC UDs Nog to make a superfight of Fedor Emelianenko vs Mirko Filipovic 2!!!

I can dream cant i?

id like to subscribe to your dreams sir. maybe im sentimental or old school, or whatever you want to call it, but i still would LOVE to see fedor/CC 2 even though it may have lost some luster.
mkiv9secsupra
9/11/08 5:50:12PM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Best case scenario

Nog UDs Mir
Lesnar UDs Randy

Nog Subs Lesnar

CC Beats Overeem, then UFC resigns him
CC destroys Randy then gets to fight Nog for Undisputed UFC HW title!!!!

CC UDs Nog to make a superfight of Fedor Emelianenko vs Mirko Filipovic 2!!!

I can dream cant i?

id like to subscribe to your dreams sir. maybe im sentimental or old school, or whatever you want to call it, but i still would LOVE to see fedor/CC 2 even though it may have lost some luster.

I think his next fight is the make or break situation. If he looks impressive against Overeem and KOs him or dominates a UD then i think the UFC should persue resigning CroCop and if he loses he might just be fighting cans for another few years til he retires.

Randy better hope the UFC doesnt resign him or he wont be getting that belt back ever again

Also Jessica Alba stops by my dreams farely frequently as well......
fonduktoe
9/12/08 3:18:48AM
lesnar will control couture to a ud
and big nog will out box mir to a ud
leading to nog submitting lesnar for the hw belt
end of story
Purge
9/12/08 3:43:29AM
Lesnar vs the Nog, with NOg emerging as the champ and IMO the greatest HW champ in UFC history
JBatch
9/12/08 1:28:50PM

Posted by copcopps

Hopefully Nog vs Randy

I hope the same thing but I tihnk it will be Lesnar vs. Nog, with Nog comming out of it all with the HW belt. Nog has the kryptonite for Lesnar or Couture or basically any heavyweight not named Fedor.
mk1630
9/12/08 3:04:14PM
Randy vs. Nog
jawbreaker517
9/14/08 7:05:15PM
In my opinion, Couture should have fought Nogeira for the belt first
haggiswashere
9/14/08 8:26:24PM

Posted by jawbreaker517

i totally agree with you. i was so mad when i heard and everyone acted like i was stupid on these forums
mkiv9secsupra
9/14/08 8:42:46PM

Posted by haggiswashere

Posted by jawbreaker517

i totally agree with you. i was so mad when i heard and everyone acted like i was stupid on these forums

look at it this way. do you think either Randy or Brock can beat Nogueira? If Randy thinks he is good enough to beat a veteran of Nogueira's caliber then he wont mind beating Brock without any trouble and we will get to see Nog vs Couture anyways.
haggiswashere
11/30/08 4:46:06AM
looks like 56% are right so far! (I was wrong )
Pages: 1 [2]