Final fight before free agency

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Final fight before free agency
bojangalz
8/7/08 1:42:54PM
I used to play a lot of fantasy baseball. Many times, common strategy was made of targeting players who were in their "contract year". The theory was that, a player who knows that he's performing for a fat check at the end will often out produce most people's expectations.

With all of the additional promotions throwing money around these days, does anyone have a sense that this trend may translate in MMA too?

I haven't followed the sport closely enough to know fighter's contract status until just recently, so the only fight that sticks in my mind is Tito's last fight. And he didn't look like he stepped it up at all. Can anyone think of another example? Or is this all basically apples to oranges.
postman
8/7/08 1:51:46PM
I think it A to O cause no matter how bad you may want it sometimes the other guy is just better. Even if he isn't better it is a fight you might get caught.
Rabi
8/7/08 1:56:02PM
I also think a bigger incentive to raise your game is the fact you dont want to take a beating.

Im sure they dont have the same problem in baseball.
emfleek
8/7/08 2:04:57PM

Posted by postman

I think it A to O

You lost me on that one. What is "A to O" ?
postman
8/7/08 2:19:17PM
apples to oranges
aaa9erh8er
8/7/08 2:29:58PM
i think thats a interesting way to look at itbut i think fighters are more timid some times in there last fight they want the win but no so much to get hurt. AA vs wedum
emfleek
8/7/08 2:49:12PM

Posted by postman

apples to oranges

Damn you kids and your texting lingo...

postman
8/7/08 3:08:52PM
LOL I made that one up on my own but he referenced Apples and oranges in his post so if figured he would get it. There are a few out there that I haven't figured out but have been too scared to ask.
emfleek
8/7/08 3:17:33PM

Posted by postman

LOL I made that one up on my own but he referenced Apples and oranges in his post so if figured he would get it. There are a few out there that I haven't figured out but have been too scared to ask.

??

Like which ones?

QFT always got me until someone told me it was "Quoted For Truth"

Most of the time, the poster needs to be smacked for using them.
loller90278
8/7/08 4:51:42PM
i think by far, the best internet jargon abbreviation is "QQ"

anybody who can tell me what that means will get a prop
emfleek
8/7/08 4:59:06PM

Posted by loller90278

quit queefing?

quiet queef?

quilted queef?

queen queefer?
ThaAxeMurderer7
8/7/08 8:30:15PM

Posted by loller90278

I believe QQ stands for Quick Question. Or do I fail?
loller90278
8/8/08 9:38:31PM
you all fail. QQ means to cry. you have to look at the Q not as a letter, but as 2 eyes with tears!

Jackelope
8/9/08 4:00:15AM

Posted by loller90278

you all fail. QQ means to cry. you have to look at the Q not as a letter, but as 2 eyes with tears!

Damn I could have gotten the props but you answered yourself too early! For the longest time QQ confused me because everyone would always just write "qq" without capitalizing. Finally when I saw it with capitals I realized what it was about.

Anyway I think you have to be an internet gamer to get the whole QQ thing
Pookie
8/9/08 4:20:00AM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

??

Like which ones?

I always thought QFT meant Quite ******* True, lol
Jackelope
8/9/08 12:02:23PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

??

Like which ones?

I thought it was Quit ******* Talking.

QFT definitely needs to be banned from the internet as it has no clear definition and can be misconstrued many different ways. As we're seeing here.
warglory
8/9/08 9:06:29PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Pookie

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

??

Like which ones?

I thought it was Quit ******* Talking.

QFT definitely needs to be banned from the internet as it has no clear definition and can be misconstrued many different ways. As we're seeing here.

Me too! Whenever I see that on this site, my initial reaction is "what is this guy's problem?"