With final fight on contract set for UFC 135, Matt Hughes weighing career options

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » With final fight on contract set for UFC 135, Matt Hughes weighing career options
FastKnockout
9/19/11 4:43:26PM
Josh Koscheck is the final obligation on the current contract of Matt Hughes.

Consequently, the former UFC welterweight champ is playing his future by ear after he fights the onetime title challenger Saturday at UFC 135.

"The outcome of this fight won't really matter, to be honest," he said today. "After this fight, win or lose, doesn't matter, I'll talk to the UFC and we'll figure out what we want to do."

LINK
prophecy033
9/19/11 6:06:46PM
For me it all matters how Hughes looks in this fight. It's not really if he loses, its how he looks IF he loses. If he takes it to a close decision, and he shows he can still hang, then I feel he should sign a 3 fight deal because there are still interesting fights for him. He he gets taken out by koscheck like be did against BJ, he should hang up the gloves. The last thing I want for the future Hall of Famer is to go out like Liddell and keep getting knocked out against fighters he once would have been competitive against
ghandikush
9/19/11 7:21:11PM
I know its not too realistic but hopefully fights against shields karo and hallman.
Bubbles
9/20/11 1:35:31PM

Posted by ghandikush

I know its not too realistic but hopefully fights against shields karo and hallman.

after Karo's last fight, hes not anywhere near UFC material. and Hallman is going to get KTFO by Makdessi in Toronto so he may get cut after that