Filho Tries To Stay Perfect With WEC 36 Rematch

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Filho Tries To Stay Perfect With WEC 36 Rematch
MMAcca
11/2/08 3:48:06AM
To say that World Extreme Cagefighting (WEC) middleweight champion Paulo Filho is an intimidating man is a decisive understatement. His physique alone portrays strength and a robust toughness, but it may be what one can’t see from the Brazilian’s outward appearance that is ultimately most impressive.

Paulo Filho is a Rio de Janeiro native who grew up – literally – participating in combat sports. On WEC.tv recently, Filho stated, "I started fighting judo at the age of five as recommended by my pediatrician. I was a very hyperactive kid, so he thought it would be a good way to use up my energy and learn some discipline.”

He continued, “At age nine, I moved to Copacabana and started training jiu-jitsu with Carlson Gracie.”

In essence, Filho was groomed to be a fighter before he had even reached the first grade… and with a 16-0 record, it shows.

LINK
bullettdodger
11/2/08 3:59:58AM
Sleeveless flannel shirts I honestly wonder how many pairs he has...
Twenty20Dollars
11/2/08 10:14:17AM
Ok even though I don't like Sonnen at all, I'm picking him to beat Filho because of the way the last fight went down. Then Sonnen fought again and Filho had all that bad depression stuff in between these fights.

Chael wins WEC title then has to come to the UFC.
Khaos
11/2/08 4:24:26PM
I think Paulo's "0" is gonna go, Sonnen will win, well unless Josh Rosenthal is the ref again
RampageOwnedYou
11/2/08 7:34:34PM
I dont get why everyone is so gun hoe on Sonnen. Filho is the man.

I dont get all the hype over this guy (sonnen) Filho is solid.
breakdown5
11/2/08 9:56:11PM
Filho has got this one. He is a beast. Hopefully he is over his problems and will be able to get right back in there. This will probably be the last title fight for the WEC MW division, so I hope he comes out looking strong because he will be going to the UFC soon enough.
Wolfenstein
11/2/08 10:17:11PM
Probably Filho's worst showing last time out, an he still won. I'm going with the assumption that he's gong to come in a little better this fight, and Sonnen should get subbed even earlier.
Kracker_Jap
11/2/08 11:30:55PM
For me this fight is only interesting at best..... Who ever wins will become UFC champ when pigs fly......