Filho: “I’m a new person now”

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Filho: “I’m a new person now”
MMAcca
9/4/08 3:00:44PM
Just a few days before his second fight with Chael Sonnen at WEC, Paulo Filho spoke to TATAME about the thoughts of the fight, his problems with depression, his training with André Galvão, the possibility to face Anderson Silva, a friend and UFC champion, and analyzed Rousimar Palhares’ bout against the former pride champion, Dan Handerson. “The depression is over and now is just happiness, I’m ready for the war”, guarantees the champion, on the exclusive interview.

LINK
balack_o-bama
9/4/08 3:05:45PM
Happy or sad. High or sober. Sonnen is still gonna kick his overrated ass.

WAR CHAEL!!!!!
balack_o-bama
9/4/08 3:09:08PM
You sure Filhos off the drugs????!!!!

"It won’t go through the first round. Do you wanna bet? I can bet my house that “Toquinho” will win on the first round, and will submit on Henderson’ foot. He’ll beat easily, he’s a thousand miles per hour and Henderson is falling down."

jiujitsufreak74
9/4/08 3:15:20PM

Posted by balack_o-bama

WAR CHAEL!!!!!

wouldn't surprise me...Filho is waaaaaaaaaaay overrated
Stills79
9/4/08 3:44:25PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by balack_o-bama

WAR CHAEL!!!!!

wouldn't surprise me...Filho is waaaaaaaaaaay overrated

MMAcca
9/4/08 3:45:35PM

Posted by balack_o-bama

You sure Filhos off the drugs????!!!!

"It won’t go through the first round. Do you wanna bet? I can bet my house that “Toquinho” will win on the first round, and will submit on Henderson’ foot. He’ll beat easily, he’s a thousand miles per hour and Henderson is falling down."

Talking sense.....
Zekeil
9/4/08 4:25:49PM
I agree. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks Filho is overrated.
I can't wait to see him in the UFC, he's going to get destroyed by just about everyone he faces.
DevonFoxy
9/4/08 4:29:22PM
Careful what you say Filho......you may be next on Henderson's hit list.

I honestly don't think Filho is overrated. He should beat Chael and then get to the UFC still undefeated where Hendo should beat him soundly.

Filho has great wins over top notch guys and since the Chael fight everyone says Filho is overrated......which he got out struck but his strength isn't stand up when Big Nog gets outstruck and still wins no one says he is overrated (if they know what there talking about) so until Filho gets completely dominated in the stand up and on the ground I see no reason to say he is overrated as most never said he was #2 but I think he is in fact #3
balack_o-bama
9/4/08 4:56:50PM

Posted by DevonFoxy

Careful what you say Filho......you may be next on Henderson's hit list.

I honestly don't think Filho is overrated. He should beat Chael and then get to the UFC still undefeated where Hendo should beat him soundly.

Filho has great wins over top notch guys and since the Chael fight everyone says Filho is overrated......which he got out struck but his strength isn't stand up when Big Nog gets outstruck and still wins no one says he is overrated (if they know what there talking about) so until Filho gets completely dominated in the stand up and on the ground I see no reason to say he is overrated as most never said he was #2 but I think he is in fact #3

He did get COMPLETELY owned on the feet AND ON THE GROUND.

Filho won the last 10 seconds of the fight, THATS IT.

But in MMA, thats all you need.

DiabloFreak56
9/4/08 5:12:55PM
i wanna see him lose..
FantasyFighter
9/4/08 5:12:57PM

Posted by DevonFoxy
Filho has great wins over top notch guys and since the Chael fight everyone says Filho is overrated......which he got out struck but his strength isn't stand up when Big Nog gets outstruck and still wins no one says he is overrated (if they know what there talking about)

Let me just tell you one thing... Paulo Filho is not Big Nog. Not even close.
cowcatcher
9/4/08 5:26:24PM
i still believe that the guy can be the future of the MW division(if he can keep his weight down), and im hoping he has a strong showing against sonnen. the fact that so many people out there(and on here im guessing) only saw him fight in the wec makes it understandable that so many think hes overrated, but as far as im concerned being undefeated after facing guys like minowa, kondo, suloev, sonnen, chonan and misaki is nothing to shake a stick at(jesus what a reference, what am i 80?). im just saying that the guys most recent performances werent indicative of how good he has been, and with his head on straight he can be a complete beast. also i find it funny that before his wec fights everyone on the net and their mothers seemed to think he was at or near the best at 185(and many of them hadnt seen him, only his record) but once he has 2 lackluster outings hes overrated. the guy isnt flashy, maybe not fun to watch for some but you know what, HE JUST KEEPS WINNING, so until someone, anyone beats him, im not ready to say anything about him being overrated.
DevonFoxy
9/4/08 5:29:48PM

Posted by FantasyFighter

Posted by DevonFoxy
Filho has great wins over top notch guys and since the Chael fight everyone says Filho is overrated......which he got out struck but his strength isn't stand up when Big Nog gets outstruck and still wins no one says he is overrated (if they know what there talking about)

Let me just tell you one thing... Paulo Filho is not Big Nog. Not even close.

Let me tell you something.........I never said he was.I was comparing situations.

Posted by cowcatcher

i still believe that the guy can be the future of the MW division(if he can keep his weight down), and im hoping he has a strong showing against sonnen. the fact that so many people out there(and on here im guessing) only saw him fight in the wec makes it understandable that so many think hes overrated, but as far as im concerned being undefeated after facing guys like minowa, kondo, suloev, sonnen, chonan and misaki is nothing to shake a stick at(jesus what a reference, what am i 80?). im just saying that the guys most recent performances werent indicative of how good he has been, and with his head on straight he can be a complete beast. also i find it funny that before his wec fights everyone on the net and their mothers seemed to think he was at or near the best at 185(and many of them hadnt seen him, only his record) but once he has 2 lackluster outings hes overrated. the guy isnt flashy, maybe not fun to watch for some but you know what, HE JUST KEEPS WINNING, so until someone, anyone beats him, im not ready to say anything about him being overrated.

Exactly if I could prop i would sir but I must spread the love.
kaduey
9/4/08 5:43:10PM
I still Have filho on my top 3. This guy is far from overrated. Look at the way he just ran through guys in Pride. At 205 as well! The guy has a couple of bad fights and everyone clowns him. Well if you want to compare look at Dan Henderson. He's looked far from Stellar in past performances.
gsquat
9/4/08 5:53:16PM
I think Filho is appropriately rated and Toquinho is underrated. Chael and Hendo both going to be submitted.
Wolfenstein
9/4/08 7:50:37PM
Paulo Filho is not overrated. Come on guys he looked bad in the Sonnen fight but he still won, probably at his worst while Sonnen was at his best. I'm not making excuses for him but this is a guy whose beaten Misaki, Ninja Rua, Doerkensen, Amar Suloev, Chonan, and Yuki Kondo. Paulo has just about dominated everyone he has fought and deserves to be #3 if not #2.

jiujitsufreak74
9/4/08 9:06:22PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Paulo Filho is not overrated. Come on guys he looked bad in the Sonnen fight but he still won, probably at his worst while Sonnen was at his best. I'm not making excuses for him but this is a guy whose beaten Misaki, Ninja Rua, Doerkensen, Amar Suloev, Chonan, and Yuki Kondo. Paulo has just about dominated everyone he has fought and deserves to be #3 if not #2.

he would get murdered by Silva, Hendo and Franklin...he is not in the top 3 in my book.
FantasyFighter
9/5/08 10:32:23AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by Wolfenstein

he would get murdered by Silva, Hendo and Franklin...he is not in the top 3 in my book.