Filho Moving To LHW

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Filho Moving To LHW
MMAcca
11/7/08 8:38:12AM
Paulo Filho says that his loss to Chael Sonnen at WEC 36 will do him good and imbue him with “a new spirit”.

Filho was undefeated in sixteen fights before dropping a points decision to Sonnen after a sluggish and outright bizarre performance that at one point saw him talking to himself and repeatedly looking over his shoulder.

Speaking to Brazilian MMA magazine Tatame, he said: ”The fact is that I have no excuses, he went in there and did his job to neutralize me and that’s what happened.”

He added that suffering his first professional defeat was “sad – but it was good to give me a new spirit”.

Following the loss, Filho – who failed to make weight for the middleweight clash - is now looking at a move to light-heavyweight and is also planning a move to Los Angeles.

LINK
stock
11/7/08 8:55:32AM
Makes sense since he already weighed in at LHW for his last fight.
Twenty20Dollars
11/7/08 10:23:20AM
Oh man, I dont see Filho doing very good at LHW because of his height and not being as heavy at the others in the division. But good luck to him.
Throwdown
11/7/08 11:51:30AM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Oh man, I dont see Filho doing very good at LHW because of his height and not being as heavy at the others in the division. But good luck to him.

Agreed. If he "didn't even train" and was a few pounds away, why would he take the jump up in weight? He can't be THAT lazy that he wants to give up on cutting all together. Forrest would tower him.
Ben_Hutch
11/7/08 12:05:26PM

He's 5'9! He's gona get destroyed!

He's just to lazy to train and cut weight so he'd rather relax and take the easy route by moving up to 205lbs, he's lost my respect.
crazedfan
11/7/08 12:06:43PM

Posted by Ben_Hutch

He's 5'9! He's gona get destroyed!

He's just to lazy to train and cut weight so he'd rather relax and take the easy route by moving up to 205lbs, he's lost my respect.

He's 5'8"!
AchillesHeel
11/7/08 12:50:59PM
With an increasing trend toward fighters moving down in weight, I don't see how moving to 205 helps Filho. It looks to me like his problem is either psychological or tactical (or both), and fighting at a higher weight addresses neither. Furthermore, the competition in the UFC is stiffer at 205. If he's planning on going to Strikeforce or Affliction, I suppose he could fight at 205.

My advice to him would be to find a psychologist and a new gym. If he wants to stay in Massachusetts, I'd suggest giving Team Sityodtong a try. If he wants to go back to Brazil, I'd suggest returning to Casa Preta.
wrona666
11/7/08 2:59:12PM
Does anyone else thinks that Filho looked stoned off his ass in his fight against Sonnen...
Wolfenstein
11/7/08 9:40:26PM
Already posted.

link
WrestlersAssassin
11/8/08 1:42:29AM
I dont care where he fights he better be exciting or show some will to actually fight or why even fight.
Bobby-B-Bonkers
11/8/08 5:25:24AM
Why is Filho planning a move to LA? His dealers in his homeland won't even accept his $$$ anymore?

If he wants a change in training, he should go to Las Vegas or San Diego.... (in my own opinion)