UFC files suit in New York, seeks to overturn regulation ban

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC files suit in New York, seeks to overturn regulation ban
BuffaloDave
11/15/11 11:11:55AM
Take notice New York; the Ultimate Fighting Championship isn't going away without a fight.

UFC officials today announced they have filed a lawsuit against New York State officials "challenging the constitutionality of the state law banning live professional MMA events and associated activities."

Along with a group of plaintiffs that includes fighters, fans and trainers, UFC executives hope to overturn the state's current ban on MMA, citing several constitutional violations.

Link

Geoffo
11/15/11 11:17:43AM
I hope they win.
BuffaloDave
11/15/11 11:31:25AM
Happy to see the UFC not giving up.

I guess Arum has corrputed the thoughts of the politicians.

Never could fatham how something that is proven to make the State and Cities that host the events money, doesn't get regualted, especially with debts always looming, not saying that is solves the debts, but would help because it's not just a UFC thing, other promotions would be able to have events in the State, not just on Indian owned land, causing more revenue.
Poor_Franklin
11/15/11 11:36:54AM

Posted by BuffaloDave

I guess Arum has corrputed the thoughts of the politicians.

old geezers still remember the good ole days when boxers went 15 rounds & ruined the rest of their lives by taking 100s of shots to the dome in an hour
quezocrema0032
11/15/11 5:56:06PM
Its only a matter of time, the old assymblemen need to retire eventually right ? or die, which ever comes first is good with me