It figures...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » It figures...
warglory
6/17/07 12:36:10PM
I bet tons of money on Okami vs. Franklin in favor of Okami and he loses a boring ass fight. However, I guessed correctly in my predictions on every other fight on the card. Go figure...
madmarck
6/17/07 3:09:59PM

Posted by warglory

I bet tons of money on Okami vs. Franklin in favor of Okami and he loses a boring ass fight. However, I guessed correctly in my predictions on every other fight on the card. Go figure...

Thems the breaks. could be worse. You could have gotten all the other fights wrong and not got a decent prediciton bonus.
Ultimate_fighter
6/17/07 3:26:49PM

Posted by warglory

Yea man, i bet large on the GSP and Serra fight, favor or GSP. Lost 300 bucks!
pv3Hpv3p
6/18/07 11:37:38AM

Posted by warglory

I bet the bank on all the underdogs I could get... guida lost that close dec, lost me around 400...

I had a ton of cash out Ramirez, bad idea

and I had 1000 out on Okami, hoping to double up...

I think i ended the season with like 75 or something, lol...

Why didn't Okami fight the whole fight like he did the last round?
DoTheMMAth
6/18/07 11:39:31AM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I know

What was he doing the first 2 rounds? He won the 3rd round so very convincingly If only he would have done that for the first or second round as well.
EEKS
6/18/07 12:03:55PM
I believe rich's mistake in the 3rd round was due to Jorge Gurgel advising him to take it to the ground as soon as they clinched, he shoulda kept it standing. I was a little nervous when Okami when for the Kimura and it seemed so close, but rich is a stud.
pv3Hpv3p
6/18/07 12:17:04PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I know

What was he doing the first 2 rounds? He won the 3rd round so very convincingly If only he would have done that for the first or second round as well.

I think fighters sometimes just want to prove the 'nay-sayers' wrong... Everyone said that Okami couldn't stand with Franklin, so he tried, and actually nuetralized him pretty effectively, but just didn't show any real offense... Rich obviously had the edge in standup, but Okami was never really in any trouble...
Northrend
6/18/07 6:56:28PM

Posted by DoTheMMAth

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I know

Okami seems to me to be a slow starter..Ive watched a bunch of his fights and almost all of them it takes him a round or 2 to finally get going 100%.