FightSport Mag's "5 to beat Fedor"

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » FightSport Mag's "5 to beat Fedor"
Next Page »
BeerisGood
7/24/07 12:15:05PM
FightSport Mag's "5 to beat Fedor"

In this month's issue of FightSport magazine, there is a little blurb in there that lists 5 of the fighters who can currently beat Fedor.

(I forget the order they were in)

1. Randy Cotoure
2. Josh Barnett
3. Antonio Silva
4. Gaberiel Gonzaga
5. Brock Lesnar

umm hmmm, Lesnar?dumb. Silva hasnt really proved himself. Gonzaga we'll see, Barnett maybe, Randy maybe
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
SpiderSilva
7/24/07 12:29:16PM
Looking at this list Fedor really doesnt have much to worry about the only one I can really see going into the later round would be Courture then Barnett the other three it is too early to even consiter standing a chance
I could see Lesner getting taped via armbar
Gonzaga getting Koed asme with Silva
thepunisher
7/24/07 12:36:01PM
Brock Lensar is a former WWE champion of course he would beat Fedor with ease. The match i really want to see is Hulk Hogan VS Fedor there is no way Fedor could get up from the leg drop
Signal2112
7/24/07 12:55:08PM
A mildy ridiculous list, but these rags have got to have something to read in them, I guess.
alvin
7/24/07 12:58:39PM
Didn't you see Hogan Know sbest? He's going through a potential divorce, so his mind wouldn't be in it. That's the only way Fedor could take Hogan.

They forgot to include Shamrock and Severn.
thepunisher
7/24/07 1:06:09PM
Then the Macho Man could step in for him

OHHHHH YEAAAAHHHH DIG IT!!!!!
Northrend
7/24/07 1:08:57PM
Barnett has the biggest chance and that isn't really that big actually.

Lesnar is a joke I hope..he is 1-0 over a can and they think he can beat the most dominant MMA fighter in history.
Stickan
7/24/07 1:26:07PM
Antonio Silva is vastly underrated IMO. He suffered an early stoppage against Pele and he owned that fight up until Pele´s punch. His size and strength would pose a problem for any HW or SHW.
I'm not saying Antonio Silva would beat Fedor but i think he's the one with the best shot.
Gkizi
7/24/07 2:02:30PM
No one can beat Fedor.
MartinKillMcGill
7/24/07 2:05:56PM
In the octagon id give randy a chance the man just comes in so prepared fedor would still by favourite but would you ever bet against randy
thepunisher
7/24/07 2:20:49PM
Hey we were trying to hijack this thread stop posting serious answers

Lex Luger Via touture rack
xchickox
7/24/07 2:34:47PM
i think you all seem to be forgetting ultimate warrior, he'd beat fedor by shaking the ropes loads
thepunisher
7/24/07 2:56:14PM
I dont think the Warrior would get past the drug tests
Murray_McNickle
7/24/07 3:02:37PM
the trick to beating Fedor these days is a concealed weapon
Mastodon2
7/24/07 3:17:01PM
If anyone on that list has a chance its Barnett, and even though it would have to be by holding him until he won a UD victory. I dont think any of the other guys have that good a chance, Randy is good but Fedor is just like him except, younger, bigger and stronger in every field, GG has yet to prove himself, his win over CC was flukey imo, and I dont think Silva has the finesse to stop the Fedor machine.
Copenhagen
7/24/07 3:40:16PM
I agree that Barnett has a chance. I really wish Barnett would have beat CC because then we would have already gotten to see Fedor vs Barnett. I do not agree with Randy having a chance though, even though 95% of the population does.
Raiderz757
7/24/07 6:08:40PM
Rikishi Via Stinky Face
mma_fan_matt
7/24/07 6:11:27PM
No
No
No
No
Hell no
Violentcuv
7/24/07 6:20:37PM
Yea OK the bottom three have no chance.
My as well throw Big Tim's name in the mix if your going to name some of those fighters.
nubby
7/24/07 6:21:47PM

Posted by Copenhagen

I agree that Barnett has a chance. I really wish Barnett would have beat CC because then we would have already gotten to see Fedor vs Barnett. I do not agree with Randy having a chance though, even though 95% of the population does.

Almost everyone said that TIm Sylvia was going to beat Couture because his sprawl was so good and his boxing was too technical. His reach would be his biggest advantage. At no point in their fight was Tim even in the game. He was destroyed for 5 straight rounds and he is 40 pounds heavier than Randy.
SpiderSilva
7/24/07 6:36:27PM
Fedor is too explosive of barnett he would drop some major bombs on him most likely ending with a KO or some GnP TKO style
_GSP_
7/24/07 6:41:32PM
Gonzaga his a great fighter beat some ok opponent and 1 great without never going to a decision and did that will working at the same time now he can fully commit to mma hes gonna improve fast wish should be very good cauz hes already a well rounded guy witch they arent many like him in the heavyweight class so watch out and for brock lesnar i hope they talk about the potential cauz if not there a joke but in the future if hes stay comited i could see a lot of potential
BeerisGood
7/24/07 6:48:42PM
so its safe to say never buy this magazine?
Blizzard
7/24/07 8:43:37PM
I love this post. Funny stuff.
I think Barnett has a chance, the others, I don't think so.
Copenhagen
7/24/07 11:23:21PM

Posted by nubby

Posted by Copenhagen

Almost everyone said that TIm Sylvia was going to beat Couture because his sprawl was so good and his boxing was too technical. His reach would be his biggest advantage. At no point in their fight was Tim even in the game. He was destroyed for 5 straight rounds and he is 40 pounds heavier than Randy.

How are you able to compare Tim to Fedor?
richieb19
7/24/07 11:26:57PM

Posted by thepunisher

Brock Lensar is a former WWE champion of course he would beat Fedor with ease. The match i really want to see is Hulk Hogan VS Fedor there is no way Fedor could get up from the leg drop

For someone who seems to detest pro-wrestling, you seem to know alot about it... Brock Lesnar is in fantastic shape, and he's training with the right people... and as far as pro-wrestling goes, it may not be real, but it is still a great background to have coming into MMA.

(Japanse>Western)
JuggaloWarrior878
7/25/07 1:14:18AM
brock lesnar wow thats ridiculous. i really wanna see barnett vs fedor though
thepunisher
7/25/07 7:46:19AM
[Brock Lensar is a former WWE champion of course he would beat Fedor with ease. The match i really want to see is Hulk Hogan VS Fedor there is no way Fedor could get up from the leg drop
For someone who seems to detest pro-wrestling, you seem to know alot about it... Brock Lesnar is in fantastic shape, and he's training with the right people... and as far as pro-wrestling goes, it may not be real, but it is still a great background to have coming into MMA.

(Japanse>Western)

I don't detest wrestling i admit i use to watch but it has gotten to ridculous for me now. I just like making fun of people that think guys from the WWE could walk into the UFC and win. Brock Lesnar does have a good wrestling background but hasn't been training MMA for even a year yet and they think he can beat Fedor that is what makes it such a joke
Signal2112
7/25/07 9:07:27AM
I think Brock has a good physique and such, but what sets him and Fedor apart is that Fedor has fought for years in real competition, true combat, and not some physically exerting pantomime...
jgtribbett
7/25/07 10:54:56AM
its gonna be a no name who gets him... imo.. someone he underestimates
Pages: [1] 2