UFC Fights For The Trops Weigh-In Results: 2 Miss Weight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC Fights For The Trops Weigh-In Results: 2 Miss Weight
DCRage
12/9/08 6:24:27PM
The UFC Fights For The Troops weigh-in results have just been revealed, and it's forced one change to the card: Both Luigi Fioravanti and Brodie Farber missed weight. Their fight is still on, but it now will be a catch weight fight at 173 instead of the normal welterweight limit of 170.

Article
Jackelope
12/9/08 6:28:54PM
Disappointed in both of em, but at least it was for the same bout. Boo, Luigi! I had hopes for my Mario brother!
MMAcca
12/9/08 6:29:13PM
For the lazy:

Josh Koscheck (171) vs Yoshiyuki Yoshida (171)

Jonathan Goulet (171) VS Mike Swick (171)
Razak Al-Hassan (205) VS Steve Cantwell (206)
Matt Wiman (156) VS Jim Miller (156)

*Brodie Farber (174) VS Luigi Fioravanti (173.5)
Johnny Rees (169) VS Steve Bruno (171)
Brandon Wolff (170) VS Ben Saunders (170)
Nate Loughran (185) VS Tim Credeur (186)
Dale Hartt (156) VS Corey Hill (155)
Justin McCully (228) VS Eddie Sanchez (246)
Wolfenstein
12/9/08 6:34:34PM
Wow, it's almost ike they conffered wit each other before hand. "Hey Luigi, you feel like cutting weight? Yeah me neither. What say 174?"

Wow Eddie Sanchez came in a lot heavier than I expected. Maybe the extra weight will help him avoid the takedown. McCully coming in at 228 wasn't a surpris as he has mentioned this might be his last fight at HW before he drops to LHW.
tuvok500
12/9/08 6:48:54PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

Wow, it's almost ike they conffered wit each other before hand. "Hey Luigi, you feel like cutting weight? Yeah me neither. What say 174?"

Wow Eddie Sanchez came in a lot heavier than I expected. Maybe the extra weight will help him avoid the takedown. McCully coming in at 228 wasn't a surpris as he has mentioned this might be his last fight at HW before he drops to LHW.

I think it is more 1 fighter was not going to make weight and he told Dana to ask the other camp for a catch weight and they accepted and they immediately stopped the cut weight process of their fighter.

xAcidburNx
12/9/08 6:55:45PM
ive never seen this happen before. if both the guys actually missed weight they are both probably going YES!!! what happens in this situation. no one forgoes 25% of there purse to the other guy. does the ufc just let this roll off there shoulders or what.

and wolfenstein. you got a link to that avatar of yours. id like to see the whole thing play out. like was it staged or is there a bunch of spikes on the ground and no one knew for some reason. lol
loller90278
12/9/08 6:58:22PM

Posted by xAcidburNx

ive never seen this happen before. if both the guys actually missed weight they are both probably going YES!!! what happens in this situation. no one forgoes 25% of there purse to the other guy. does the ufc just let this roll off there shoulders or what.

and wolfenstein. you got a link to that avatar of yours. id like to see the whole thing play out. like was it staged or is there a bunch of spikes on the ground and no one knew for some reason. lol

it is from a japenese tv show.
DCRage
12/9/08 7:11:55PM

Posted by xAcidburNx

If my memory is correct, it's the state athletic commission, in this case North Carolina, and not UFC that determines the specific penalties. My guess would be both guys are fined but instead of the money going to the other guy it would probably go straight to the AC.
JBatch
12/9/08 9:00:42PM
If Corey Hill can make 155 then these two should be able to make 170. Never seenit happen before but like stated earlier at least they are fighting each other
dannyfrank
12/9/08 9:41:39PM

Posted by Wolfenstein

i was thinking the same thing
aaa9erh8er
12/9/08 11:22:14PM
if they win at 174 well who ever wins how does that go on there record would it just say that.
but ya im really disapointed in luigi hes been here b4 in the ufc and knows how it works
MMAcca
12/10/08 12:39:46AM
Dana won't forget this. Loser will probably be gone, if not both......
hotrodttt
12/10/08 1:44:27AM
You guys have to realize that it takes a lot to cut weight, it drains you physically and mentally, believe me, most people who think they can cut weight can't do it because it's so rigorous. I'm cutting weight as we speak, I'm typing this with a vinyl suit on lol . But really there could be so many constraints that the Fighter could have been under, just realize this guys
Jackelope
12/10/08 8:01:33AM

Posted by hotrodttt

You guys have to realize that it takes a lot to cut weight, it drains you physically and mentally, believe me, most people who think they can cut weight can't do it because it's so rigorous. I'm cutting weight as we speak, I'm typing this with a vinyl suit on lol . But really there could be so many constraints that the Fighter could have been under, just realize this guys

Heh, I'm pretty sure we all know this. It's still no excuse to not make weight. I think there was some kind of agreement behind the scenes, personally.

Good luck with your cut
Darnok
12/10/08 11:19:18AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by hotrodttt

Heh, I'm pretty sure we all know this. It's still no excuse to not make weight. I think there was some kind of agreement behind the scenes, personally.

Good luck with your cut

I think that if there was some kind of agreement they should make it public. That way they would get more respect if there was a legitimate reason why one of them couldn't make weight.
scoozna
12/10/08 3:34:59PM
Luigi always looks big to me, even when he cuts the weight. There was another guy too - Jason Lambert??? - who always seemed flabby even when he made the weight.

edit: ...or was it Josh Haynes ?
Jackelope
12/10/08 5:05:24PM

Posted by Darnok

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by hotrodttt

Good luck with your cut

I think that if there was some kind of agreement they should make it public. That way they would get more respect if there was a legitimate reason why one of them couldn't make weight.

I was thinking that maybe one of them was sick or injured so they couldn't cut the weight. Something along those lines maybe. I can understand them not saying anything, though because it would screw anybody who had real money on the fight.
Darnok
12/12/08 11:26:32AM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by Darnok

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by hotrodttt

Good luck with your cut

I was thinking that maybe one of them was sick or injured so they couldn't cut the weight. Something along those lines maybe. I can understand them not saying anything, though because it would screw anybody who had real money on the fight.

Very true. Good point.