UFC Fights For The Troops Results/Discussion/Spoilers...

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » Spoilers Forum » UFC Fights For The Troops Results/Discussion/Spoilers...
Next Page »
DCRage
12/10/08 2:15:49PM
And a salute and a big HOO-RAH! to our soldiers who hopefully are in for a good show tonight. Tonight's prelim matches should start around 7 PM ET with the TV card begining at 9 PM ET (there are still a couple sites that, as of earlier today, were listing the TV start time as 8 PM ET, that is incorrect). In addition to being able to call in and make donations to help the National Intrepid Center for Excellence, UFC is running 3 special auctions until 8 PM ET tomorrow with all proceeds going to the fund. The prizes are a UFC VIP Experience at a future event including dinner witth Dana & Rachelle and others plus all-access and a chance to celebrate in the Octagon with a fighter if he wins among other things, a copy of the book "Octagon" (only 600 will ever be made!), and a limited edition alligator duffle bag designed by the man behind the new book "Fighter: The Ultimate Fighters® of the UFC®", Reed Krakoff, President and Executive Creative Director of Coach. Link to the auction here:
https://www.fightforthetroops.com/auction.asp

We're underway as of just before 7 PM.
Prelims:
Justin McCully beat Eddie Sanchez by unanimous decision, 2 30-27s and 1 29-28.
Dale Hartt beat Corey Hill by TKO (injury stoppage) at 20 seconds of round 2.
Ben Saunders beat Brandon Wolff by TKO (strikes) at 1:49 of round 1.
Steve Bruno beat Johnny Rees by submission (rear naked choke) at 3:44 of round 2.
Luigi Fioravanti beat Brodie Farber by unanimous decision, 3 30-27s-catch weight at 173 because both missed weight

TV fights (Live on Spike in US & Canada, Setanta Sports in England & Ireland):
Matt Wiman Vs. Jim Miller
Tim Credeur Vs. Nate Loughran
Steve Cantwell Vs. Razak Al-Hassan
Mike Swick Vs. Jonathan Goulet
Main Event: Josh Koscheck Vs. Yoshiyuki Yoshida

I'll update this post with prelim results as they become available, but probably won't do the main card until tomorrow since I can't stay up too late late tonight (I hate my work schedule sometimes, doesn't go along with these 3 hour midweek shows). Until then, hands up, chin down, let 'em fly, and no illegal blows!
Kpro
12/10/08 5:04:26PM
I'm at work for this event but want to catch the PBP of the undercard. Sherdog is blocked.

Does anyone know of another site that does PBP of the undercard, not just the results ?

Thanks in advance.
Pookie
12/10/08 5:16:43PM

Posted by Kpro

I'm at work for this event but want to catch the PBP of the undercard. Sherdog is blocked.

Does anyone know of another site that does PBP of the undercard, not just the results ?

Thanks in advance.

MMajunkie usually does, but for some reason not tonight.
FlashyG
12/10/08 5:38:48PM
It says they will on their site now...must have been late putting up the update.

should be up there around 7

mmajunkie
Kpro
12/10/08 5:54:58PM
Sweet, thanks guys. For some reason I thought MMAJunkie only did the PBP of the main card, not the undercard.
jiujitsufreak74
12/10/08 5:58:22PM

Posted by Kpro

Sweet, thanks guys. For some reason I thought MMAJunkie only did the PBP of the main card, not the undercard.

yeah and their PBP is live too.
DCRage
12/10/08 5:59:44PM
Although their pages may not show up until the event actually starts, Mania, Junkie, and Weekly all will have PBP. It's just a crapshoot in terms of guessing exactly when they will start. My best guess is 7 PM ET.
Wolfenstein
12/10/08 6:01:51PM
More of a personal preference but MMA Junkie usually just posts the winnners so I typically prefer MMA Weekly. They post a play by play for every round as well as listing the winners.
hotrodttt
12/10/08 6:02:03PM
I PICKED JIM MILLER NOT WIMAN, it says on my Companion that I picked Wiman when I never even thought of picking him wtf
Aaronno9
12/10/08 6:20:44PM
I just checked my fight companion and it looks like i only picked to fights not to go to the judges lol. Also, my parlay still has frankie edgar listed which is pretty annoying considering i totally changed it
DCRage
12/10/08 6:21:33PM
Personally I just favor whoever gets the results up first but I am partial to Weekly and Junkie for details. As far as tonight, Junkie plans to start coverage at 7, Mania plans to do quick prelim results starting at 7:30 then go more detailed for TV fights. So I guess I'll be back around 7 then.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/10/08 6:57:45PM

Posted by hotrodttt

I PICKED JIM MILLER NOT WIMAN, it says on my Companion that I picked Wiman when I never even thought of picking him wtf

your gonna be thanking the screw up come fight time.
DCRage
12/10/08 7:01:24PM
And we are underway! The first fight is in the books, McCully takes a UD win over Sanchez. 2 30-27s and 1 29-28. Went about how I predicted it would on my blog-over quickly or a snoozefest. A lot of boos in the last round.
breakdown5
12/10/08 7:02:30PM
0-1. Just how I like to start a fight night.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/10/08 7:04:53PM

Posted by breakdown5

ditto
DCRage
12/10/08 7:06:04PM
1-0 but I had McCully ending it in round 1.
Pookie
12/10/08 7:06:07PM

Posted by breakdown5

haha im with you there man
DCRage
12/10/08 7:09:40PM
Good to know I'm perhaps alone in having faith in one of my Team Punishment boys.

Corey Hill vs. Dale Hartt is up now.
Aaronno9
12/10/08 7:11:28PM
Nice way to start the night. 0-1 lol.

So is anywhere actually doing a play by play?
DCRage
12/10/08 7:16:25PM
Weekly. Junkie hasn't started as of 7, Mania won't be starting PBP until the TV fights start.
Franklinfan47
12/10/08 7:18:28PM
0-1.....dam Justin McCully
DCRage
12/10/08 7:20:16PM
Weekly has their PBP for Hartt-Hill up for those following. It's headed to round 2, they have it 10-9 Hill after 1. I think I had Hartt winning in R2 so that's OK with me.
D0wnUnd6e6r
12/10/08 7:24:18PM
wow hill broke his leg planting it to throw a punch... what a shame... he aint built for mma

still hope he eventually recovers.
Aaronno9
12/10/08 7:25:47PM
Poor Corey. Sounds like was gona pick up the W aswell. Oh well, puts me to 0-2.
DCRage
12/10/08 7:30:10PM
Just read about Hill...shocked. Genuinely shocked. Not exactly a fan of his but I do not doubt his potential. Here's Weekly's PBP:

The fighters start trading on the feet as Dale Hartt lands a leg kick, and just as Corey Hill plants his right leg to throw a punch, he crumbles to the mat. It appears that Hill has a broken leg. The sound from the break echos in the arena. Hill is carried out on a stretcher. Marc Ratner says he is pretty sure Hill has a broken leg. Dale Hartt stays by Corey's side as he is hurt in the Octagon. Everybody in the arena is visibly shaken by the situation in the cage.

S-C-A-R-Y.

Edit: The official announcement is Hartt wins by TKO at 20 seconds of round 2, but that of course is secondary right now.

More from Weekly: "The replay shows a very, very nasty break in Hill's leg. Dale Hartt is extremely classy staying by Corey's side and talking after the fight."
dannyfrank
12/10/08 7:35:09PM
0-2. wonderful!!!
Franklinfan47
12/10/08 7:35:26PM
Sucks for Hill, sounds like his leg is seriously injured. Poor Guy. Also sucks for me cuz im now 0-2 :(
DCRage
12/10/08 7:37:58PM
2-0 and hoping Hill will be OK. If that one makes TV it's gonna be tough to watch that finish, when it's described how it is I still can't help but want to cringe a little.

Ben Saunders vs. Brandon Wolff is next.
Jackelope
12/10/08 7:44:12PM
Son of a... 0-2 and I switched from McCully to Sanchez after the weigh ins. How many times have I told myself to never switch after the weigh ins? I'm still doing it and it's still bending me over
Aaronno9
12/10/08 7:47:25PM
Woohoo. 1-2. I had a 2nd round sub so minimum points but at least im off the mark lol.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6