who fights thiago silva now??

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » who fights thiago silva now??
nickcuc547
3/6/08 9:02:42PM
i got an idea, Dan Henderson, he is the only big name guy that doesn't have a fight slated, that is if he doesnt stay at 185. thiago vs. hendo is a good fight for both.
seanfu
3/6/08 9:08:55PM
I don't know if he can, but I expect him to retire shortly. If not he will probably go for one more run at middleweight. It's weak and I still say he has a legit shot at Anderson Silva. I didn'y see the fight but if he steps his game up he could shock the world.
bls1919
3/6/08 9:19:32PM
I think a fight between Silva and Leben would be a BARN BURNER!!!! with Evans out of the way make this fight happen Joe silva .
juanez13
3/6/08 9:29:47PM
my best guess for who silva will fight now...is Stephan bonnar, he recently pulled out of the hammil fight because of an injury, and i would expect him to be back in time for this fight, the fight my be switched one or 2 events ahead of what it was originally planned, but there are many choices. most of the LHW's are booked.
AnDeRsonDaSiLvA
3/6/08 9:30:08PM

Posted by bls1919

I think a fight between Silva and Leben would be a BARN BURNER!!!! with Evans out of the way make this fight happen Joe silva .

silva would KO leben IMO. not to forget lebens a middle weight and thiago is LHW.

I would love to see thiago silva vs chuck lidell. ice man will KO rashad easily.

Franklinfan47
3/6/08 9:36:31PM
I think Gouveia should fight Thiago. His current opponent has no real credibility right now (and is a step down after Lambert imo). Have Lambert fight Goran instead.
Twenty20Dollars
3/6/08 10:08:36PM
Leben no, different weight classes. Theres David heath(kinda a can now), Jason lambert, Wilson has a fight coming up. Bonnar dont think he'll be ready soon enough. Either give him lambert,heath or a can or make him wait.
juanez13
3/6/08 10:12:49PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Leben no, different weight classes. Theres David heath(kinda a can now), Jason lambert, Wilson has a fight coming up. Bonnar dont think he'll be ready soon enough. Either give him lambert,heath or a can or make him wait.

Lamber would be a good choice, specially since thiagos trainign wouldnt change much, since both lamber and rashad and wrestlers. also god fight for lamber to get back as a one of the top guys, or for Thiago to keep climbing up the ladder.
NatedawgThaM
3/6/08 10:40:07PM
If he still wants to fight at 84, the only name I can think of is Luiz Cane and that's only because people might know him from KOing Irvin but getting DQ'd. The only other option would be if Irvin KO's Houston early without a freak accident which is highly unlikely IMO because Houston will blast him out of the arena.

But if he wants a decent big name he'll have to wait for Bonnar to heal or Dan Henderson if he moves back up coming off two straight losses, or possibly Wilson Gouvia after his UFC 83 fight.

Really hope they surprise us and get him a decent name, he deserves it. He's undefeated and has won by TKO/KO in all of his 3 fights even though the Irvin fight was a freak accident. I really do believe he's the next big thing coming from Chutebox so Dana please don't disappoint!!

WAR THIAGO SILVA!!!
rabbit915
3/6/08 11:47:26PM
I dont think Dan Henderson is going to move back up yet. I have a feeling that he is going to fight franklin next as that would be a very big fight.

I would say Lambert is probaly his best choice even though i think its actually a step down for him.
SpiderSilva
3/7/08 1:03:06AM
isn't Franklin thinking about moving back to 205 what a 1st fight

What about Soku??????
Pookie
3/7/08 2:12:55AM

Posted by SpiderSilva

isn't Franklin thinking about moving back to 205 what a 1st fight

What about Soku??????

he's fighting nakamura, which in my opinion is a great way to test the true punching power of soku.
whardin19
3/7/08 7:10:11AM

Posted by bls1919

Leben fights at 185 it will never happen. If he's going to move into another division it would be 170 not 205.
whardin19
3/7/08 7:13:47AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

I think Gouveia should fight Thiago. His current opponent has no real credibility right now (and is a step down after Lambert imo). Have Lambert fight Goran instead.

I also think Gouveia should fight Thiago. This should be the fight Joe Silva makes happen.
gsquat
3/7/08 10:29:37AM

Posted by bls1919

Firstly I don't see either having any intention of changing weight classes. But I'd still like to see it. I'd love to see all the nut-huggers shake loose when Leben KO's Silva.
MMAcca
3/7/08 4:13:18PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by bls1919

Firstly I don't see either having any intention of changing weight classes. But I'd still like to see it. I'd love to see all the nut-huggers shake loose when Leben KO's Silva.

Would not happen. Guaranteed.
BlazinSaddle
3/7/08 5:40:01PM
since luis cane and thiago silva have a rivalry its only fair

Cane vs Thiago at 84 or 85
NatedawgThaM
3/7/08 6:31:08PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by bls1919

Just because they picked Thiago to crush Rashad which he would IMO, does not make them nuthuggers.
F--K_Luck_AuH2O
3/7/08 11:55:20PM
Wilson Gouveia makes the most sense, he's free and it could still be a main card fight. Have Lambert, or Drwarl replace him on the undercard...or if they want to give the guy a free win they can toss him David Heath if he isn't working at McDonalds somewhere.

They could always bring in a name: Ricardo Arona, Lil Nog, Vitor Belfort, or even bring back Babalu.

Other lesser known outsider's they could bring in, and still have it interesting are :Gegard Mousasi or Glover Teixeira.

The Crow is currently fighting at 205 and is looking for an outlook back to the UFC.
JBatch
3/8/08 1:34:49PM

Posted by gsquat

Posted by bls1919

Leben would be taking a beating and then BAM lights out for Silva. I hope he enjoys waking up in Brazil.
We threw it in the blender mixed it up, went into the deep end.....

Chris Leben is a true warrior.

As for thi thread Thiago should be fighting a Jardine or Evans but with Evans gone to fight Liddell I would say toss him in against Jason Day.
RMFG_187
3/8/08 2:06:43PM
Thiago is starting too be one of my fav.

*Slits Throat With Imaginary Knife* lol
cmill21
3/8/08 2:17:00PM
They need to sign Arona and Lil Nog. Arona would be perfect for the UFC, he's very strong and his JJ is at the top in the 205 div. Nog's brother is now the champ it would be great to see lil nog fighting for the belt at 205. Both great fighters and both have the style to do verrrrry well in the UFC. So I'd like to see lil nog vs Thiago.
imanidiot777
3/8/08 2:58:54PM

Posted by cmill21

They need to sign Arona and Lil Nog. Arona would be perfect for the UFC, he's very strong and his JJ is at the top in the 205 div. Nog's brother is now the champ it would be great to see lil nog fighting for the belt at 205. Both great fighters and both have the style to do verrrrry well in the UFC. So I'd like to see lil nog vs Thiago.

I wonder who would win Silva vs. Noguiera, Silva hasn't been around really long enough for us to know how good he will be so he could surprise people and win or he could just get destroyed.
chickmagnet
3/8/08 5:30:16PM
Stephan Bonnar, good match-up, would probably fight of the night, but i think Thiago would take it.