Fights that could/should occur as result of tonight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fights that could/should occur as result of tonight
Mchubb316
9/7/08 2:36:57AM
Hendo gets a win, Franklin gets a win, Rashad gets a win, Marquardt gets a win. I personally would like to see Hendo fight Marquardt. Frankling fight maybe Rashad? Who does Forrest fight for his first defense? I think the UFC was thinking Chuck would beat Rashad and he would get his shot. Rashad beating Chuck put a little wrinkle in the LHW title picture. Who does Chuck fight next? Tonight was crazy, and the possibilities are several.
chrismithers
9/7/08 2:40:30AM

Posted by Mchubb316

Hendo gets a win, Franklin gets a win, Rashad gets a win, Marquardt gets a win. I personally would like to see Hendo fight Marquardt. Frankling fight maybe Rashad? Who does Forrest fight for his first defense? I think the UFC was thinking Chuck would beat Rashad and he would get his shot. Rashad beating Chuck put a little wrinkle in the LHW title picture. Who does Chuck fight next? Tonight was crazy, and the possibilities are several.

i like what you said but Chuck should just retire and stop. Hes going to ruin his rep if he keeps fighting. Forrest should fight Franklin for a must needed situation cause i dont think the wanna wait til the end of rampage vs wandy.
Mchubb316
9/7/08 2:45:40AM
I don't think they will give Franklin a title shot after 1 fight. Giving Machida a shot would be more justified and make more sense then rushing Franklin to a title shot. As far as Chuck retiring.... I don't know, I have mixed feelings about this. He comes off a win against Wand, after dropping 2 in a row, then loses by dramatic fashion against Rashad. It's hard for me to say. Do I think Chuck has something left? I would hope so.
coldchillin
9/7/08 2:48:53AM
Rashad has done more than enough to get the next title shot against Forrest, especially if they don't give it to Machida.

Franklin should actually fight The Iceman next... the PPV numbers would still be huge for such a match-up.

Henderson would be in a slugfest with the Bisping-Leben winner.

Marquardt-Maia would be such an intriguing match-up that would make perfect sense for both right now.

Mchubb316
9/7/08 2:52:29AM

Posted by coldchillin

Rashad has done more than enough to get the next title shot against Forrest.

Franklin should actually fight The Iceman next... the PPV numbers would still be huge for such a match-up.

Marquardt-Maia would be such an intriguing match-up that would make perfect sense for both right now.

You think Rashad has done more than Machida? I agree about Franklin and Chuck. Hendo vs Leben/Bisping would be great. Marquard/Maia would be fine by me. I just think that Machida should get his shot before Rashad, or why not have Rashad fill in for Silva, and fight Machida. Rashad avoided damage and should be ready to go by then.
coldchillin
9/7/08 3:03:13AM

Posted by Mchubb316

Posted by coldchillin

You think Rashad has done more than Machida? I agree about Franklin and Chuck. Hendo vs Leben/Bisping would be great. Marquard/Maia would be fine by me. I just think that Machida should get his shot before Rashad, or why not have Rashad fill in for Silva, and fight Machida. Rashad avoided damage and should be ready to go by then.

it's a toss up but I would be willing to bet Griffin-Evans would be a much bigger fight, money and PPV-buy wise than say Griffin-Machida would be right now.

Machida has done enough to get a title shot as well but I thought the match-up with Thiago Silva was the perfect fight for him to solidify that notion. I think a win against Shogun would be more than enough to do that as well.

I had always said Rashad should have got the rematch against Tito in Tito's farewell UFC fight and it should have been Machida fighting The Iceman tonight. They were trying to protect Chuck and he still got knocked out.

ncordless
9/7/08 3:06:47AM

Posted by Mchubb316

Posted by coldchillin

I think Rashad has done more than Machida. Machida beat Tito and Sokoudjou. Rashad beat Chuck, Bisping, and tied with Tito. I'd really like to see them fight each other. Rashad looked like he could be ready to go against Machida on the old Thiago Silva/Machida date.
Mchubb316
9/7/08 3:13:00AM
For me the key to the Rashad vs Machida title shot debate is that Rashad tied Tito. Tito won that fight other than the fence grab. Machida beat Tito the whole fight. Yeah Rashad beat Bisping, and Chuck. Bisping is no longer in the 205 picture, and he beat Chuck who was coming off a span where he lost 2 of his last 3 fights. It is close between the 2. Both have never lost, and are deserving. I say let them fight, and have the winner get a clear shot at the title.
coldchillin
9/7/08 3:17:26AM

Posted by Mchubb316

For me the key to the Rashad vs Machida title shot debate is that Rashad tied Tito. Tito won that fight other than the fence grab. Machida beat Tito the whole fight. Yeah Rashad beat Bisping, and Chuck. Bisping is no longer in the 205 picture, and he beat Chuck who was coming off a span where he lost 2 of his last 3 fights. It is close between the 2. Both have never lost, and are deserving. I say let them fight, and have the winner get a clear shot at the title.

who fights Forrest while we wait then? I say give Evans the next shot and let it play out like this:

Machida fights Shogun and if Machida wins, there is no way he is denied the Griffin-Evans winner.

Wanderlai Silva fights Rampage in the rubbermatch and if Shogun beats Machida, the winner of this fight could get the Griffin-Evans winner.
KYGUY07
9/7/08 3:23:40AM
Rashad - title shot against forrest he has done enough to deserve one he has beat 2 great fighters in his last 2 trips inside the octagon.

franklin - should fight the winner of the vera vs jardine fight, i think he would beat either one of them.

henderson - i think he should fight thales leites for the number 1 contender spot. I would love to see him fight Anderson again, he had Silva in trouble in the first round of their fight

marquardt - should fight maia it would be a war and personally i believe nate could handle himself on the ground with maia, and one the feet he would kill maia.

Kim - wasnt really impressed with him tonight he seemed to tire very early in the fight, maybe a fight between him and some like goulet would be good.

hodge
9/7/08 8:49:25AM
OMG Machida vs Evans would suck can you imagine how many miles would be run inside the cage i think were seeing a new era of mma were fighters being elusive and fighting smart is ruining potentially exiting fights. The Chuck vs Rashad fight was boring all the way untill the knockout with Rachad backing off constantly.
DCRage
9/7/08 8:50:42AM
Dana confirmed Rashad gets a title shot next, just a question of when. Next for Chuck should be either Rampage or Rua.
mkiv9secsupra
9/7/08 10:28:19AM
Thiago Silva vs Rashad Evans
Matt Hammill vs Ketih Jardine
Franklin vs Machida 2
Possibly Kampmann vs Palhares
Marquardt vs Okami for a title shot
Macdonald vs Henderson(if he wins give him title shot)