Fights that the UFC should make happen.

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Fights that the UFC should make happen.
chickmagnet
6/13/08 12:53:30AM
These are fights that i think would be benificial. These are not dream top contender matches, these are fights that would really break down the divisions.

Keith Jardine vs. Jason Lambert - Both coming off KO losses, both desperatley need a win to stay the UFC. The one who loses could be out of the UFC.

Matt Hughes vs. Matt Serra - Heavily Hyped fight, Hughes' last fight, Serra's first step back to getting back for a title shot.

Chuck Liddell vs. Shogun Rua - Winner possibly gets a title shot, loser moves down the ranks.

Lyoto Machida vs. Rampage Jackson - Lyoto has earned himself a title shot by far, 5-0 in UFC and has worked hard to get where he's at.

Yushin Okami vs. Anderson Silva - Last fight Anderson lost, a chance at revenge. Okami's long awaited title shot.

Wanderlei Silva vs. Rashad Evans - Rashad needs a big fight to get to that title, Wanderlei wants to beat Quinton down again and Rashad would be a good step up to get to that belt.

Fabricio Werdum vs. Cheick Kongo - Winner next in line for a title shot after Mir.

Tyson Griffin vs. Nate Diaz - Assuming they win both their next fight it could put them into a number 1 contenders match.

Thiago Alves vs. Josh Koscheck - Assuming Koscheck wins his next fight this fight would be a number 1 contenders match.

Brandon Vera vs. Antoni Hardonk - Exciting Kickboxing match, puts the winner in the top ten. Gives Vera a shot to get his career back on track.

Rousimar Phalhares vs. Martin Kamppmann - Winner comes up in the talk of the MWtitle picture.

Thales Leites vs. Michael Bisping - Number 1 contender

Gray Maynard vs. Manny Gamburyan - Puts the winner in the top ten.

Thiago Silva vs. Goran Reljic - A huge test for Silva, a huge oppurtunity for Goran Reljic.

Rich Franklin vs. Dan Henderson - If Franklin wins its another big win, if Hendo wins he could get a shot at redemption in a rematch with Anderson.

Twenty20Dollars
6/13/08 12:59:35AM
cept some of these guys have fights upcoming and that throws it off if they would fight the person you have them matched up against. pending whether they won or lost.
Pookie
6/13/08 1:03:33AM
Take out kongo and replace him with herring
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/13/08 1:36:03AM

Posted by chickmagnet

Keith Jardine vs. Jason Lambert - Both coming off KO losses, both desperatley need a win to stay the UFC. The one who loses could be out of the UFC.

Jardine one loss away from being out of the UFC?

i disagree
holt8081
6/13/08 1:37:49AM
here we go with Rashad again. He has no business bieng mentioned with any one of those guys
Gipper
6/13/08 2:00:19AM
lytle-davis
guida-griffin II
shogun-liddell
hendo-franklin
cote-leben II
wand-liddell II
t.silva-machida
gsp-penn II
hughes-serra (this fight will happen)
lytle-alves II
gsp-swick
guida-sherk
Mchubb316
6/13/08 2:22:14AM
Thiago Silva vs. Goran Reljic is a fight I would really like to see. Although I think Thiago is more well rounded, and Reljic really only showed he is a banger, with two effective strikes. I like Thiago in this matchup.
dannyfrank
6/13/08 8:31:11AM
i dont really have anything to add. i think most of those fights would be awesome
tdietel01
6/13/08 10:46:41AM

Posted by holt8081

here we go with Rashad again. He has no business bieng mentioned with any one of those guys

im not sure what to call the opposite of nut hugging but i'll i'll call it nut punching......... why couldnt rashad be mentioned with these guys? unless you disagree with bisping fighting for the contender, you cant say rashad doesnt deserve to be mentioned. he did beat bisping after all. and everyone else he has fought in the ufc. he may not be the best and he might not be exciting but give him a break, he is still undefeated!
billycarnage
6/13/08 11:18:14AM

Posted by Pookie

Take out kongo and replace him with herring

I think Herring is more deserving especially after he whoops up on Dana's Golden Boy!

Edit- sharing the love
bigbubbano23
6/13/08 11:43:45AM
sherk vs clementi
aaa9erh8er
6/13/08 1:56:47PM
you have good rerasons for each fight so its hard to dispute but i also like the clementi-sherk fight.

but id like to add if forest looses to page then a rematch is due with keith imo.