Fights to make after UFC on FUEL TV 7

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Fights to make after UFC on FUEL TV 7
DrivenDavies15
2/16/13 7:56:10PM
Renan Barao - Great performance by Barao, he looked as good as ever, even got hit hard and survived, I don't see him losing for a while. I want to see him fight Dominick Cruz next seeing as there is really not a #1 contender at this point. Hopefully Cruz recovers soon and we can see that fight sometime later in the year

Michael McDonald - Props to this kid. Showed off his toughness tonight. He got tagged by some pretty good shots and still kept it close and competitive. This kid has a bright future for sure. I would like to see him fight the Faber/menjivar loser or Brian Bowles if he ever plans on coming back.

Cub Swanson - Cub looked exciting as always, man I love watching him fight! He had some great kicks and awesome transitions on the ground in round 3, he is definitely a force to be reckoned with in the featherweight division and near a title shot even. I think the Dennis Siver fight still makes sense if they want to do that or Mendes/Guida winner would be great as well (presumably Mendes because Guida and Swanson probably wouldn't fight each other since they train together)

Dustin Poirier - Solid effort from Dustin today, he looked pretty good and will be sticking around the top of the division for a while I'm sure. I think his problem tonight is he never really got an attack going, he took him down a couple times but never got near a sub and Cub was preventing him from landing more than one shot at a time standing. I would love to see him fight Charles Oliveira next, or Hatsu Hioki would also be a great scrap.

Jimi Manuwa - The dude is a beast, a little disappointing that it ended as it did but none the less, Manuwa showed some great TD's and looked great over a solid veteran like Diabate. I think fighting James Te Huna next would be a good fight.

Cyrille Diabate - Unfortunate ending for him, especially at his age and he just said retirement isn't too far away at the pre-fight press conference, hopefully he can comeback from the injury. If he does I'd like to see him fight Brandon Vera next or maybe even Ryan Jimmo.

Gunnar Nelson - Good win over a solid vet for Gunnar. He has a bright future in this sport for sure. At this point there are A LOT of options for who he could fight next. I personally would like to see him fight Mike Pierce or Kyle Noke would be a good fight as well

Jorge Santiago - Sandman has just struggled in the UFC over the years, I hope they keep him around and want to see a fight with Mike Swick or Brian Ebersole.

James Te Huna - That dude is as tough as it gets. I thought for sure he was done after that head kick, but no, he battled back to get the W. Ya I'd like to see him fight Jimi manuwa next

Ryan Jimmo - Just needs to work on his conditioning and some more ground work and he'll be a force. I think a fight with Cyrille Diabate makes sense or Fabio Maldonado would be great too.

Matt Riddle - Good win for Riddle, he is just racking them up lately. I want to see him fight the Mein/Miller winner or Story/Mulhern winner next.

Che Mills - Maybe Seth Baczynski next would be a good fight.

Renee Forte - He looked pretty good in his win over Etim, gave him troubles on the feet and on the ground. I think Francisco Trinaldo would be a solid next fight for him.

Terry Etim - Didn't look great tonight, couldn't get offense going and got rocked multiple times. I say have him fight Paul Sass next or George Sotiroplolous sounds good to me

Danny Castillo - Nice sub defense and showed how good his top game is. I think Makdessi/Cruikshank winner next sounds about right.

Paul Sass - Disappointing performance really. Never really came close to finishing anything but still dangerous and active for sure. Hopefully he works on his TDD for future fights. Mark Bocek next would be fun.

Andy Ogle - Great work tonight on his birthday, hard fought well deserved win. Felipe Arantes or Godofredo Pepey next would be good.

Josh Grispi - Disappointing UFC performances and such a quick rise and fall in MMA will forever be remembered by the ironic nickname The Fluke. Sorry bud but Cut.

Tom Watson - Excellent fight and great win. I think Rafael Natal is next for him, or CB Dolloway

Stanislav Nedkov - Huge power but came up short tonight. I want to see him fight Daniel Sarafian next.

Vaughn Lee - showed good TDD and some good striking but that's about it. Eduardo/Jabouin winner sounds good to me

Motonobu Tezuka - Cut

Phil Harris - Tim Elliot

Uslysses Gomez - Cut or Jussier Formiga

Sorry I kind of rushed the last few because I have to go but tell me what you think after this event!

ncordless
2/16/13 8:15:04PM
Nice write up. Great day of fights. Che Mills/Jorge Santiago would be another good fight to make off this card. Both need to prove they can get a good win.
Budgellism
2/16/13 8:43:58PM
Renan Barao - Eddie Wineland or Dominick Cruz (Depending on whether or not Barao wants to wait for Cruz)

Michael McDonald - At 22 this kid is already a beast. I'd like to see him fight Faber.

Cub Swanson - Cub has to be in line for a title shot with one more win. I think rescheduling the Dennis Siver match would be a good idea. If for some reason Lamas isn't actually booked to fight Chan Sung Jung next a fight with the Korean Zombie would be a hell of a fight as well.

Dustin Poirier - I'm disappointed he lost but I don't think his performance warrants a big drop in rankings. Erik Koch would be a good next step for both guys.

Jimi Manuwa - Please James Te Huna

Cyrille Diabate - Ryan Jimmo

Gunnar Nelson - Big win for Nelson. I don't think he should be rushed into a title shot though. Rick Story if he wins his next fight or John Hathaway.

Jorge Santiago - Mike Swick sounds good.

James Te Huna - Jimi Manuwa

Ryan Jimmo - Cyrille Diabate

Matt Riddle - Tyron Woodly

Che Mills - Jordan Mein/Dan Miller loser

Renee Forte - Sam Stout/Caros Foder winner

Terry Etim - Yves Edwards

Danny Castillo - Bobby Green

Paul Sass - George Sotiropoulos

Andy Ogle - Eddie Yagin

Josh Grispi - Cut

Tom Watson - Alessio Sakara

Stanislav Nedkov - Karlos Vemola

Vaughn Lee - Alex Caceres/Kyung Ho Kang winner

Motonobu Tezuka - Cut

Phil Harris - Tim Elliot

Uslysses Gomez - Jussier Formiga
prozacnation1978
2/16/13 9:30:46PM
Mayday is a tough kid props to him
Okay fights. Some were boring.
I was thinking Swanson vs Poirier was gonna get fight of the night.

airkerma
2/17/13 11:11:23AM
Too bad about Grispi, the way he was reversing those takedowns made me think he probably is the better fighter, but he just couldn't get off his back.