4 FIGHTS ANNOUNCED FOR LW GRAND PRIX !!!!!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 4 FIGHTS ANNOUNCED FOR LW GRAND PRIX !!!!!!!!
Cladrix
2/26/08 12:51:17AM
According to the Dream official site:

DREAM official site

Four fights have been announced for the lightweight tournament:

Gesias Calvancanti Vs. Shinya Aoki
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs. Black Mamba
Kazuyuki Miyata vs. Luis Buscape
Koutetsu Boku vs. Joachim Hansen

The remaining fighters in the tournament are:
Andre Dida
Mitsuhiro Ishida
Caol Uno
Gilbert Melendez
Artur Oumakhanov
Jung Bu-Kyung

and I believe two more participants that have not been named yet.

I just cant wait for this to happen

RMFG_187
2/26/08 12:57:19AM
Going too be the event of 2008 i think. personally, i love watching LW's fight. gonna be great too watch a LW Tourney FINALY, after the talks of the Pride LW Tourney, then the sell out. US THE FANS WERE LET DOWN! but now this makes up for it all
cmill21
2/26/08 12:57:55AM
Sick thus far...I hope this event will be all that I Dream it will.. Hahaha no pun intended.
puppetmaster837
2/26/08 12:59:16AM
I just have one very important question, how am i going to watch this in the US?
RMFG_187
2/26/08 1:00:10AM
Wait, check out the Ticket prices on the website...

$100,000 VIP
$7,000 Basic

better be in Yen.
RMFG_187
2/26/08 1:01:41AM
It will probably be PPV, or Fight Network, maybe HDNet. no clue. but Guaranteed we will be able to watch it in North America
Gipper
2/26/08 1:04:28AM
this will be great. looking forward to it big time. hope to see melendez get back on track and take it all.
cmill21
2/26/08 1:05:13AM

Posted by RMFG_187

Wait, check out the Ticket prices on the website...

$100,000 VIP
$7,000 Basic

better be in Yen.

Yes, I was acctually planning to attend it live. It was like $180 for the mid level tickets and $900 for the VIP(VIP allows you to go back stage).
MMAcca
2/26/08 1:06:58AM

Posted by puppetmaster837

I just have one very important question, how am i going to watch this in the US?

Or the UK ?
hotrodttt
2/26/08 1:23:13AM
The rest of the fights should be paired up like this

Gilbert Melendez vs Artur Oumakhanov
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs Caol Uno
Andre Dida vs Jung Bu-Kyung

At the end of the 1st Round I think the match ups come out like this

JZ gets the out bracket because he's the first seed

Gilbert Melendez vs Buscape Firmimo
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs Andre Dida
Mitsuhiro Ishida vs Hellboy Hansen

Semi-Finals

Gilbert Melendez vs Hellboy Hansen
Tatsuya Kawajiri vs JZ Calvancante

Finals

Gilbert Melendez vs JZ Calvancante

And I think Golbert wins the Tournament, You heard me say it First
AchillesHeel
2/26/08 10:39:12AM

Posted by RMFG_187

It will probably be PPV, or Fight Network, maybe HDNet. no clue. but Guaranteed we will be able to watch it in North America

Where is it guaranteed? I haven't seen anything about a N. American broadcast yet.
bezun
2/26/08 11:39:16AM
AAAAAhhhhHHHHhH! 'Pride' Lives. mwahahaha
gartface
2/26/08 11:57:55AM
This is going to be amazing...anyone know how many events this is going to take to complete?
Jesse_Canadian_MMA
2/26/08 12:00:10PM
Yeah This does look really good and I'll definetly be watching it somewhere.
I'm a fan of Melendez for sure and I like hanson alot I would love to see these guys in the ufc even though the division they fight in is stacked I think they would climb to the top real quick.
I'm going for Melendez to win the whole thing but I do like a handful of the fighters, can't wait.
Ordep
2/26/08 2:02:24PM

that poster look really nice, it would be nice if they had it for sale 3'x8' panoramic as it is
Bemin
2/26/08 2:28:54PM
I don't think as of yet they have anything set as for North American viewing, I know that Cuban is in there working hard on getting the rites (he posted on Sherdog about it a couple of days ago) but nothing is set. Lets hope that this gets signed with someone soon, I hate watching fights on the internet.

Source
(and yes that is the real Mark Cuban)
punkgrl-com
2/26/08 3:12:27PM
Not to go off on a tangent but that artwork/photography is what the UFC lacks. The UFC event websites are amazing but the actual production values on the shows are really lacking. That awful gladiator opening?!? How is that still running?!
mk1630
2/26/08 3:12:45PM

Posted by gartface

This is going to be amazing...anyone know how many events this is going to take to complete?

I'm pretty sure i read it was going to be throughout 3 events.
RMFG_187
2/26/08 6:33:57PM

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by RMFG_187

Where is it guaranteed? I haven't seen anything about a N. American broadcast yet.

Dream is partnered with K-1. all K-1 fights are shown LIVE on either Fight Network or other PPV's. so don't worry. The NA Market is too big for them not too broadcast in NA. don't worry ppl.
cmill21
2/26/08 6:38:22PM

Posted by RMFG_187

Posted by AchillesHeel

Posted by RMFG_187

Dream is partnered with K-1. all K-1 fights are shown LIVE on either Fight Network or other PPV's. so don't worry. The NA Market is too big for them not too broadcast in NA. don't worry ppl.

If it's not on I'm coming for you!
CantAndleDaRiddum
2/26/08 8:04:09PM
man im pumped, if its not aired im murdering someone w/ my penis